Topic: New to the forums, and to 24h

Hello everyone and merry Christmas.

My name is Chris, and I'm new to the whole 24 hours of Lemons idea.  I live in socal, and attended the Buttonwillow event as a guest.  I love the idea of "cheap" cars prepare and race around a track in an endurance style event. 

I have been lurking on the forum since the event at buttonwillow, thinking I might eventually try and get a spot on a team as a mechanic for whenever the next local event is.

Anyways, just wanted to say hello to everyone, and give a tiny little bit about myself and what I think about Lemons.(i did say tiny)

thanks for reading
chris

Oh, that's broken?  Here, let me try and fix that for you.

Re: New to the forums, and to 24h

Welcome Chris! Why not race and be a mechanic? That's how most teams work.

Hella Shitty Racing Goin' for Broken '10, Arse-Sweat '10, Arse-Freeze '10, Sears Pointless '11, Skankaway '11, Arse-Freeze '11, Arse-Sweat '12, Sears Pointless '13, Arse-Sweat '13, Northworst '13, Vodden '13, Pointless '14, Button Turrible '14, Arse-Freeze 2014,  Sears Pointless 2015, Arse Sweat 2015

well mainly I want to see how it goes before I sign myself up to buy a suit and helmet.  Its a little expensive to start, so I would rather get my feet wet than jump straight in.

Oh, that's broken?  Here, let me try and fix that for you.

I went to watch and photograph three races before I got a seat and drove. Within a month of that I was building my own car.

No need to hurry. Join a team to help support them and see how that goes.