Topic: Greatest of All Time!

Due to a previous discussion I had with some of my team mates I need to find out your opinion!  We are trying to make a top ten list of greatest crap can cars ever raced.  If possible please include pictures and reasoning behind your choices.  Thanks!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Top-Fool- … 77?ref=sgm
#34 Save the Tatas Subaru Impreza
2010 Detroit Irony 32nd/Capital Offense 68th/Grand Bull 26th/Rod Blago "FIF"

Re: Greatest of All Time!

Just for his pure drive and dedication.  Any of spank's current cars mainly his Citroen are on the top of the list.

Pendejo - There is no such thing as a racing budget and if you can't afford to set it on fire and watch it burn while drinking a beer then don't race it.

In Fiats alone, we've had a 131, a Brava, a 128, an X1/9, several 124 Spiders, and a 600.

British Leyland: Several MGBs, many TR7s, many Jag XJs, a TR6, a Midget, a Sprite, and a Spitfire. Still waiting for our first Rootes Group car.

Ok, but I am looking for specific examples of cars that participated in Lemons and were then considered legends or hall of fame worthy.  TFE has got some ideas up or sleeves and answers to the above question are key.

What kind of Legend status? It depends on what you are looking for, Flames? Glory? Story-telling?
example I've heard/seen are Any/All of Spank's cars - The V8 Volvo, A Nascar-engined Camaro, BassAckwards Truck, a Limo, Fia-Guzzi, Two starship enterprises at the same race, AMC Gremlin with gremlins, Model T roadster, Butter Benz, Inverted MGB, Honda 600 withe ever-changing motor-grafts, Cornhooligans E85 attempt, etc...
All are notable for (almost) completely different reasons.

for Geo Metros there's an unusually high amount of notoriety. The MetroGnomes first motorcyle-engined car AND won the race, there's also the MetSHrO fake shogun. There's the never-ending barrage of different insane car projects coming from Police Brutality, and Morrow's Auto Snoopy Van & Bradley GT always proved very admirable. Rubber Biscuit's Heartbreak Caprice who's always in the running to win then blows up spectacularly is surely another that comes to mind.

What about whatever team Chris Piscatelli fields? they're THREE-TIME(aka every time they've entered!) Organizer's choice and the only team to get the choice AND the curse!
(It's the Libyans! toyota supra Flatrock/detroit-ish 07) (Team First Blood GMC S15 Toledo/detroit-ish 08) and (The Sleigher Mazda MX6 Detroit Bull Oil GP/Gingerman Oct 10)

The Dynasty of winning from the Eyesore guys lead me to believe they need a more challenging platform than a Miata tongue

RRRR probably is closest to being 'greatest of all time' only because they have multiple wins...in a freakin SHO!! If someone won on laps 2 times...in a Fiero, that could probably usurp this.

I'm working on my 2010 Legends of Lemons post, so I'm not going to ruin the surprise now. Here's the 2009 Legends of Lemons post.

perfect! exactly what i was looking for

I remember about a year ago, all the crazy prospected builds that were pending. How many actually made it to the track?

http://jalopnik.com/5434489/v12-edsel-v … emons-cars

And does anybody have a list of crazy builds for the upcoming season??

It Ain't My Fault

The Bavarian Ranchero, Renault 4CV, Citroën DS, AMC Gremlin, Le Car, Wartburg, twin-turbo GMC van, and AMC Marlin made it to the track. The rotary BRAT and Ford Prefect are coming soon. Not sure about the others.

12 (edited by m610 2010-12-27 10:05 AM)

The 2009 legends includes most of what I'd have voted for. My list of candidate for the Musee d"Lemons:

V8olvo, in Death Cab trim
Angry Hamster Racing's Z600
Geo Metro Gnome
Uber Bird
Mr Bean Mini, turbo charged
Faster Farms Belvedere
NASCAR Mayer Wienermobile, even though it only ran one race with that theme
Eyesore Racing's Enterprise, with tribbles
Model T GT, already a legend after only one race

m610 wrote:

The 2009 legends includes most of what I'd have voted for. My list of candidate for the Musee d"Lemons:

Geo Metro Gnome
Uber Bird
Faster Farms Belvedere

Plus:

Pepe LePew LeCar
The AMC Gremlin, preferably in internet-famous GremWow! livery

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

How soon you all forget, the AZZ bacwards pickup!!!

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

I've only seen the west coast cars run so that why my list was limited to those.

I was thinking that memorable Lemons cars, the right mix of theme and performance, and memorable Lemons themes might need to be in separate lists. The Wienermobile was awfully slow but really fun, and the sight of the horse and rider themed New Yorker, or whatever that land yacht was, spinning out at BW, makes if a memorable theme. Also the Tiger Woods car. Many others. Oh, and don't forget Spank's Citroen, as if we ever could.

doctawife wrote:
m610 wrote:

Geo Metro Gnome
Uber Bird
Faster Farms Belvedere

Plus:

Pepe LePew LeCar
The AMC Gremlin, preferably in internet-famous GremWow! livery

Aww..Thanks Mary!  I don't think we're quite legends yet, though.  Gives us another year....  We have the Grem and a couple Jensens to get running and I have some ideas for a truely legendary racer if I can get the skillset.  Wanna trade help?  Kudo's on remembering our blow-uppy first attempt theme!

Side note:  The Gremlin mentioned in the "Coming in 2010" post isn't us.  We had a Grem on the track 6 months before that post.  That Gremlin hasn't hit the track yet, but I heard from the guy that they're working on it now.

El Capitan de Substandard Racing -  Houston, Tx
2009 Yee Haw! It's Lemons Texas: 1973 Gremlin - Gremwow!
2010 Gator-O-Rama: 1973 Gremlin - Gremlin Express, Lassiez le Crapheaps Roulette - Gremlin - Most Heroic Fix
http://substandardracing.blogspot.com/

17 (edited by DC Doug 2010-12-28 07:39 PM)

This, duh....

http://murileemartin.com/wordpress/wp-c … 0px-02.jpg

Or any of them...
http://murileemartin.com/wordpress/?p=262

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

I forgot Henry V-VIII!