Topic: driving contract

does anybody have a generic drivers contract that I could copy for my drivers to sign, I would greatly appreciate it smile

2010, 26th @ CMP, 2011, 10th & 5th at CMP, 2012? (MIA), 2013 Spring CMP, 53rd, 2013 Fall CMP 44th, 2014 Barber 14th, 2014 CMP 46th, 2015 CMP 57th, 2015 CMP 80th, 2016 CMP 16th, 3rd in B class, Winner Judges choice, and First car under 2.0 liter Alex's lemon aide stand winner. 2017 WRL, Road Atlanta 43rd, 2017 NCM 9th O/A , 1st in B class, 2018 CMP 13th O/A 3rd in Class B

Re: driving contract

steve wrote:

does anybody have a generic drivers contract that I could copy for my drivers to sign, I would greatly appreciate it smile

Shoot me an email and I'll be happy to share ours.  Its pretty loose but it might be a good starting point to work from

jim at misfittoysracing dot com

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

Contract?  Come on... this is amateur Lemons racing, not FI. 

If you need to write a contract with your drivers you really need to find a new hobby or some new friends.  Get some buddies; come to an agreement on who will do what and how much will be spent, appoint one guy banker, shake hands, and have at it!

Remember, it's never too early to start embellishing the past.

"so there I was, 90mph, sideways on the brink of death ..."

Spud wrote:

If you need to write a contract with your drivers you really need to find a new hobby or some new friends.  Get some buddies; come to an agreement on who will do what and how much will be spent, appoint one guy banker, shake hands, and have at it!

A contract would come in very handy for an Arrive & Drive, especially if you charge them a damage deposit like we do.

Team Final Gear Crew Chief
#138 1997 Pontiac GTP - Supercharged 3800
#42   1999 Ford P71 Crown Vic

Spud wrote:

Although its low key a contract is still a good idea to make sure everyone fully understands what is expected of them and what could happen. 

I would trust every member of my team at Summit this year with my wife, my life, my daughter or my car.  And they all still signed a contract.  It just keeps things clear and simple.

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

+1
I've watched enough Judge Judy to know better. And I even live in a state where a handshake makes an agreement binding.

That said, we didn't have team rules or contracts the first time around. This time we'll have a rule-set that everyone has to sign.

Jim thanks for the email and also any suggestions as far as content for the contract, I added one thing to the contract Jim sent me and that was a damage deposit especially after having to repair a wheel and some suspension parts from an accident. Thanks for any input it is appreciated.

2010, 26th @ CMP, 2011, 10th & 5th at CMP, 2012? (MIA), 2013 Spring CMP, 53rd, 2013 Fall CMP 44th, 2014 Barber 14th, 2014 CMP 46th, 2015 CMP 57th, 2015 CMP 80th, 2016 CMP 16th, 3rd in B class, Winner Judges choice, and First car under 2.0 liter Alex's lemon aide stand winner. 2017 WRL, Road Atlanta 43rd, 2017 NCM 9th O/A , 1st in B class, 2018 CMP 13th O/A 3rd in Class B

My arrive and drive actually wanted the contract, it worked out well since it laid out what we promised him, such as a working car that would pass tech, and things we expected from him, like helping fuel the car, not running the car into the wall.  Its easier for the drivers to agree to the contract if it is protecting them as much as protecting you.

On ours I think we also borrowed a lot of the stuff from the rules, things like you have to be at all the drivers meetings, and fulfill all the Lemons requirements for driving.  Its pretty much common sense but you never know if the arrive and drive shows up never having a drivers license and then will be upset they can't drive and demand their money back.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

We just did our 1st race last Sept @ CMP and I had 6 drivers including myself, everything went well although there was some minor dissention among the ranks. I think a contract would have been a great idea then but it did all work out. My thing is that I'm going to look at some arrive and drive  for the team and I just wanted to CMA in the future. I,m still working on finalizing the contract so any thing you guys can suggest that you may have run into while doing an arrive and drive would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Steve, hope to see you guys again at CMP in February.

Shoot me an email and I'll be happy to share ours.

Email sent.