Topic: New Database

So far, I've been happy with the new database.

I feel like it does most of what I'd like to see an imporved database do until this morning.

Got a text from a driver thuis morning that said they withdrew from the team, last week.

I'm thinking they must have meant like the night before or something because I did not get an email saying you've lost a team member.

Turns out any team member can Withdrawl the whole team.  So now our whole team is currently screwed by one team member.

FYI, there was no email notification they we got canned.

As the Captian, I think the Captian should be the only person allowed to Click the Chicken.  Other than that, I team member should have to go through Jay or Nick for the Authority to screw every one else.

On a positive note, we hadn't paid yet and our current balance is Zero.

I sent a message to Jay and Nick and I am hoping this can be easily resolved.

Anyone else having techno glitches?

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

Re: New Database

They did it wrong. By each driver there is an edit link. That's how they should have removed themselves.

sergio wrote:

They did it wrong. By each driver there is an edit link. That's how they should have removed themselves.

Sure, but I think that Troy's real beef is that only the team captain should have privileges to withdraw the team. As it stands now (apparently), any team member can screw the pooch for everybody.

I know that Lemons HQ has had a few problems with moving to the new system (for example, team members couldn't accept invites for awhile, and there have been some problems with crossing over driver comp licenses from the old DB), and this would seem to be another one. I'm sure they'll get it corrected.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

i'm sure they didnt mean to give that athority to an arive&driver
Just let nick know, and he will kick the programer.

There was a glitch earlier that let me join a team twice. They are working out the bugs.

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

while we are at it...
How do you add drivers and crew with the new system???

You have to invite them from the team entry page for each race.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Driver clicked the wrong button as Sergio said.

Poof, team got screwed.  No email notification or nothin just said "X" withdrew team when I logged in.

Like Pat said, I think the Captian should be the only person authorized to do that without consent from Jay or Nick.

After sending drivers an invite, they have to creat a profile before they can do anything with the invite.  Which seems a bit confusing when they click the link to accept.  It doesn't do anything without a profile.  I tried it and it was kinda confusing.

Other than that little glitch, I think the new system is an improvement.

Got a reply from Jay today and we will get it all worked out when they get back in town.  He aslo realized they may need to do something to prevent this in the future.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

Troy wrote:

Got a reply from Jay today and we will get it all worked out when they get back in town.  He aslo realized they may need to do something to prevent this in the future.

You might want to remind him in a week. He may have too much Jamaican rum in his belly to remember your email.

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John