Topic: Hi and hello there

New to the forum but a definite car-aholic.  Mechanic by trade and now have 2 Lemons events under my belt although the first one's eligibilty is questionable due to engine horsepower escaping 50 laps in...  Had an absolute great time at the 'Miami' 24'er and still checking the video for that yellow flag I passed under ... wink  Hope to see many of you at New Jersey in April.

Now happily part of Speedycop.

formerly:
Ziegel Scheißhaus Racing & ReVolvolution Racing

Re: Hi and hello there

Always good to see another Volvo out there.  How did those wheels/tires work out from the Keystone guys?

FastISH and the FURRiest 1991 Volvo 240 wagon
WV 13th, FL 8th (GRM), NJ 8th (B win), WV 4th (B win), NC 14th, NJ 14th, WV 62nd,  NH 17th, NY 54th
2012 Sears Point Outlaw...74th!

They were great, gave our guys something to think about in regards to brand and a smaller size.  I had pulled and brought a spare set of mismatched street tires in various condition the day before we left to come down here but they were only for emergency use apparently.

formerly:

Hi John,
Welcome to the forum. We are bringing at least 2 cars to NJMP. Looks like there is a nice long straight so we are already asking Nick about flashlight drags. tongue
       Dave

It Ain't My Fault

Hi John. I think you bought my daughter's crapped out volvo. She sent me a link to the revolvolution website. As a result of her goading, I'm getting a team together here in maine, hoping for the NH race. Thanks a lot! my wife, who just shakes her head, thanks you, too.

Him: Well, its got a lot of rust, the seats got chewed on, and I only have three wheels.
Us: We'll take it.

johnhef wrote:

still checking the video for that yellow flag I passed under ... wink

I checked my pass under yellow to find that I didn't. But when I pulled in the Judges Court, I couldn't show them the video then. I took the penalty and went back out madder than a hornet, oh well. Next time I'll wait a few more seconds before mashing it. My teammates saw the pass and went oh-oh, that was very close..... BBQ'ed.

Hey Sergio the being black flagged incorrectly for a pass under yellow is not un-common. It has happened to me a few times and you really cant let yourself get mad because it is usually a mistake by one of the corner workers who is trying to do ten things at a time. I have even been black flagged for driving to luxuriously twice now once in the Jag and then again in the Mercedes. It is just all part of the fun of Lemons

Pen

Thats what I figured too, haha.  It was my first time out for the event and at 4am and I figured if I had passed someone, I sure as hell would have known it!  I for sure was getting passed like I was standing still while I was trying to learn the track.

formerly:

The corner workers were good, but maybe not great.  At one point I came onto the front straight and there's a tow truck on the right side towing a car and a car goes blasting past me on the right.  Line of sight to turn 1 said we were under green.  I don't know why turn 1 wasn't yellow if there's a safety vehicle on the track...

I think I passed the NY NY Civic under yellow twice and I gave the position back.  It was my first session and after ~30min of green I realized I'd never looked for the flag stands.  Oh well, no BF for me.

FastISH and the FURRiest 1991 Volvo 240 wagon
WV 13th, FL 8th (GRM), NJ 8th (B win), WV 4th (B win), NC 14th, NJ 14th, WV 62nd,  NH 17th, NY 54th
2012 Sears Point Outlaw...74th!

yeah good point.  also it took about 3 or 4 laps watching that blinking yellow light atop the 'tower' for me to realize it was not the track's full course warning, but rather the light atop the damn channel 12 news van.

formerly: