Topic: Potential Engine Swap?

What's the record for the most penalty laps ever?

http://www.race-cars.com/engsales/other … 8252ss.htm

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

Re: Potential Engine Swap?

they'll give you 0 laps because the engine's only made to last about an hour. then if you ever manage to get enough rubber and brakes underneath your car, you will guaranteed to get claimed by jay.

This is a new F1 engine, only 200 miles

Well, which is it?  Is an F1 engine really expected to last more than 200 miles?  'Cause to me, that sounds like it's a used engine, in need of rebuild.

Just looked up length of race - apparently it's defined as the number of laps on the course that is closest to 305 kilometers.  That's 189 miles, so at 200 miles this is an engine that has run a full F1 race.  It's used up.

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.

Nah, I say give it a whirl. I'm sure you could find spare parts at the O'Reilly in Angleton when it breaks down midway through Saturday. smile

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

What kind of gearing do you need to stay between 13,000 and 17,000 rpm?

I'm guessing this is one of the engines that wasn't built before you had to finish the season with X # of engines.  9I don't recall what X was, 4?)

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Mulry wrote:

Nah, I say give it a whirl. I'm sure you could find spare parts at the O'Reilly in Angleton when it breaks down midway through Saturday. smile

You're being awfully optimistic that a used F1 motor would last that long! I'm thinking that engine will get fried on the first lap because someone will run it with used quaker state, it'll break every drivetrain piece inside of whatever car it's placed into as soon as we go green, and the team will wind up wrenching on it all weekend, or, if the plant doesn't break and your drivetrain is miraculously up to the task, the car will get stuffed so deep into turn1's run-off that you're going to need a proctologist with an auger to retrieve it.

This is a Judd GV, used in 1991 & 1992.  So it's pretty old.

-Victor

Serj wrote:
Mulry wrote:

You're being awfully optimistic that a used F1 motor would last that long! I'm thinking that engine will get fried on the first lap because someone will run it with used quaker state, it'll break every drivetrain piece inside of whatever car it's placed into as soon as we go green, and the team will wind up wrenching on it all weekend, or, if the plant doesn't break and your drivetrain is miraculously up to the task, the car will get stuffed so deep into turn1's run-off that you're going to need a proctologist with an auger to retrieve it.

And then it will flip and burn. But it would be a hell of a ride for that 15 seconds.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Serj wrote:

...you're going to need a proctologist with an auger to retrieve it.

Serj, you have such a way with words. smile

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

Hell, yeah! What could possibly go wrong?

I want to hear that thing run... For at least a lap!

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.

I want to hear that thing run... For at least a lap!

Next best thing: a 3-rotor Miata
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9W7reXDxpg

big_smile

Dunno, I think with the old F1 rules everything was disposable at point of track entry - designed for one race, practice and qualifying -up to two hours
~the newer F1 rules limit number of engines per season to where you pretty much need to run the same one four races... I'm not certain what can be replaced between races or what "the same one" means, but the implication was to keep costs down.

ya' did know they get more HP and more RPM'sby narrowing the rod and main bearings, right? (I'd love to find the link to that, it's a Honda detail from '92 or '94)