Topic: VIR Test and Tune for Feb CMP Race

VIR has a test and tune day for Lemons cars on Feb. 11th for $150 per car. Open track on the South course. Please call Kevin Massey Shaw at 434-822-7700 x104 so we can make the date official. One week before the CMP race so a good time to sort out any issues and to get some seat time in the Crap Can!

Re: VIR Test and Tune for Feb CMP Race

Any idea on how many sessions they will have?  With four drivers I need to make sure we would all get at least one turn behind the wheel. 
I'll give them a call in the AM.  Our team is interested in doing it.  Now if we could only run a Lemons race there -that would be great!

Road Warrior Racing - Ford Falcon XB

There are no run sessions. It is open track for the day. Call Kevin at 434-822-7700 x104 and he can get your name and contact information. I believe we have about 5 cars so for so we are close to completely commiting to the event.

Spoke to Kevin at VIR today.  Sounds like Feb 11th will be a great test/tune day.  Just crap can cars on the track. Like you said - no sessions - just open track (South Course) all day long.  9-5pm with noon-1 for lunch.  He said they may just have a basic tech inspection.  Rain or shine - after last years CMP race a little rain may do us good to get our feet wet again.

No other cars will be allowed on the track - just our junk.  Hate to show up the porsches/vettes.

We are in.  Need a few more folks to sign up by Feb 1st.

Sounds like the Chump race at VIR will be fun as well.  They are going to split the race between the South and Full Course.  Full Course will be run all night.

Spoke with Kevin again since the team had some questions:
1. can we have passengers in the car? Yes - they will allow it as long as the passenger side has the same safety equipment as the driver
2. do you have to wear a fire suit ? - No - a long sleeve shirt / pants are required - shouldn't be a problem in mid-Feb

We are going to bring a new few guys and try to get them hooked.  We want to start a second team but don't have enough drivers yet - this should help...

South course is a BLAST to drive and should give teams a great place to work things out.

Just don't lift in 10!

Fall South 09- 23rd place
Southern Discomfort '10 Magnum PU- 5th place
Spring South '10- 1st...... LOSER!

Kerrigan is a good friend of mine and he and I spoke about setting this up.  I have run the south course multiple times and it will give everyone a thorough opportunity to see what works..and what doesn't. We actually used the south course to test last spring,but were running with Porsche cup cars and other fastys, which was a hoot.

Lets get enough folks to sign up so it makes sense for them to open it up.  Team Schultz will be there with a car or three and I believe Kerrigan said a few chumps will be there as well.

As for turn 10, I like to call it the "youtube turn," search VIR wrecks and you will see what I mean.

Winner Porsche Cup CMP Spring 09 (944), Winner class 2 CMP Spring 10 (Audi 100), Organizers Choice CMP Spring 10 (Merc S500), Grassroots Motorsports Most From the Least CMP spring 10 (audi 100), Overall Winner Capitol Offense 2010 (Merc S500), Winner on laps Capitol Offense 2011 (Merc S500), Organizers Choice Capitol Offense 12 (Mercillac).

Team Dorifto Dogs needs to sign-up but can't seem to get a confirmation.  a little help?

whatever it was i didn't do it
dorifto dogs E30 - gone but not forgotten

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

Would the car have to be caged?  Could it just be a potential future Lemons car that you wanted to try out?

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

mechimike wrote:

Would the car have to be caged?  Could it just be a potential future Lemons car that you wanted to try out?

The car would have to be a car that would pass the Technical Inspection for the Lemons event. Other wise we would have a bunch of people out here running what ever.

If you do not think it would pass their tech, do not assume it would pass ours.

11 (edited by DIPSTICK 2011-01-21 05:34 AM)

mechimike wrote:

guess we need full Lemons kit

Winner Porsche Cup CMP Spring 09 (944), Winner class 2 CMP Spring 10 (Audi 100), Organizers Choice CMP Spring 10 (Merc S500), Grassroots Motorsports Most From the Least CMP spring 10 (audi 100), Overall Winner Capitol Offense 2010 (Merc S500), Winner on laps Capitol Offense 2011 (Merc S500), Organizers Choice Capitol Offense 12 (Mercillac).

OK, i'll ask again.  we have left numerous messages with Mr. Massey Shaw.  do we just show up or does someone want to take our money beforehand.

and yes this is our home track so we have dealt with VIR in the past.  we are willing to bring at least two cars if that is required to fill out the schedule to make this event a go.

so........... a little help?   please?

our contact info:  clinehall@clinehallagency.com

money just burning a hole in the team's testing budget pocket at the moment.  smile

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

soldmystang wrote:

OK, i'll ask again.  we have left numerous messages with Mr. Massey Shaw.  do we just show up or does someone want to take our money beforehand.

and yes this is our home track so we have dealt with VIR in the past.  we are willing to bring at least two cars if that is required to fill out the schedule to make this event a go.

money just burning a hole in the team's testing budget pocket at the moment.  smile

Sent you an email.

Kerrigan Smith wrote:
soldmystang wrote:

Sent you an email.

thanks Kerrigan.  we appreciate the chance to shake out some nagging issues on the car.

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

Sounds like it is a "Go" for the VIR Test and Tune.  Awesome!   It will be first time at VIR for most of us.  Looking forward to it.  Hopefully we don't blow the car up since we are racing at CMP the following week end!  See you there.

Road Warrior Racing / aka Super Troopers

SuperMax wrote:

Sounds like it is a "Go" for the VIR Test and Tune.  Awesome!   It will be first time at VIR for most of us.  Looking forward to it.  Hopefully we don't blow the car up since we are racing at CMP the following week end!  See you there.

You will have fun on the South course.  If you have never been there you'll be plesantly surprised.  VIR is argueably the nicest facility on the east coast.  I'll be there, not in our car, but with our sister team doing some testing too.

See you there.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

Just a quick update to confirm that the event is a definate "GO". look forward to seeing all of you guys out there for some Crap Can testing. I might just have to move my office over to the South Course for that day.

Got a message from Kevin at VIR today that 6 teams have backed out so VIR's Test/Tune is a no go for this Friday.   Our whole team is very disappointed.  Beside missing another day of work we won't be spending all next week putting a new motor in or fixing body damage.  I guess we will save that for CMP. 

See you in SC.  I hope the weather gets better.  Last year really sucked.  We are camping in a 20x20 tent.  Feel free to stop by.  Plenty of beer, heat and movies..  We will get there Thursday when the gates open.

Road Warrior Racing -- Look for the Mad Max car that doesn't look like a E30..

To Porschelou and the others - sorry! I wish we could of pulled it off. We will try to get another one on the books closer to the VIR Chump date in July. Also tell the Lemons guys to look into having a race at VIR!

Again, I apologize to all of you who wanted to be with us that day.

Thanks, Kerrigan

Kerrigan Smith wrote:

To Porschelou and the others - sorry! I wish we could of pulled it off. We will try to get another one on the books closer to the VIR Chump date in July. Also tell the Lemons guys to look into having a race at VIR!

Thanks, Kerrigan

wow........... Lemons at VIR?  that would be seriously cool.

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

soldmystang wrote:
Kerrigan Smith wrote:

Thanks, Kerrigan

wow........... Lemons at VIR?  that would be seriously cool.

They are open to it and seem to actually want to do it.  Fingers crossed!