Topic: rx7 kill switch proper wiring

We have an 84 rx7 and a pegasus 3 contact with 3 ohm resistor but I am unsure how to wire it and not cause damage to this old rusty beast. Anyone have photos or info on were to splice in safely? The resistor wiring in particular.
joe
team badluckytouch

Re: rx7 kill switch proper wiring

The more I read on this forum about installing this switch the more confused I get. I'm not sure if people are using the same terminology, (Posts, terminals, stud terminals etc.) The instructions that came with the switch are also difficult to understand. Can anyone help?
joe

Did the switch come with any instructions or a suggested schematic?

Jim C.
If God meant for us to race, we'd all have baggy Nomex skin.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...

isnt the 84 a carb'd wankel? what is there to hurt that isnt already crying for more torque? just have your alternator and battery positive on one side of the switch, and everything else on the other.

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

The diagram is really difficult to apply to the car for me. The thing is carbed and it has some awful dellorto on it that has real idle problems and causes flooding problems that take a good 10 to 15 minutes to deflood it. All 100 ft./lbs. of torque are way up on the rev band and up to that point it feels like no torque at all. I just hope the damn old thing runs for the event.

backwinded17 wrote:

The diagram is really difficult to apply to the car for me. The thing is carbed and it has some awful dellorto on it that has real idle problems and causes flooding problems that take a good 10 to 15 minutes to deflood it. All 100 ft./lbs. of torque are way up on the rev band and up to that point it feels like no torque at all. I just hope the damn old thing runs for the event.

how so? on Japanese alternators, there is a fat wire labeled "B+" typically. Run that and the battery hot to one side, and the other side back to where that wire came from. You also take a splice of the "B" wire so that with the switch off, that runs through the resistor to ground. I find it confusing too, but that's really all there is to it. I'll be wiring up mine shortly, and fixing it on my "real" race car which needs that tap for the alternator done to it (it will run without the battery at all because I'm not disconnecting and grounding out the alternator)

"Don't mess with Lexas!" LS400. We survived another one! See website link for build details.
Maker of the "unofficial Lemons fish!" - If you ask nice, I'll likely give you one at the track.

Thanks Dave I'll wire it tomorrow.
joe

If you can find a multiple-spark CDI box cheap, follow the instructions HERE and you'll pick up some torque and driveability. Instead of two MSD coils I used a 2nd gen RX-7 coil and got a good amount of torque.