Topic: When does competition licence need to be paid up by?

When does competition licence need to be paid up by?   We know the team entry fees are due this saturday (for Loudon) but do licenses also need to be paid up by this saturday, or just paid up before the actual competition starts?

Maximum Effort Motorsports - Mid-engine 1979 Chevette - Class C Winner - GP Du Lac Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg
New England Long Winter Build Award - 2015
IOE Winner, Loudon Annoying 2011, Judges Choice - Loudon Annoying 2012
Class C & Least Horrible Yank Tank winner - Boston Tow Party & Overhead Cam Bake 2011

Re: When does competition licence need to be paid up by?

I know we paid it all before the entry fee deadlines, not sure you have to.  But it is nice to have your application be complete and your ready to race and not saying its still missing something, so it might be best to try and get it all paid up for.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

I had the same question and emailed Jay...here is his response:

Reply |Jay Lamm to me
show details Mar 9 (2 days ago)

You need to do it now--everything, including the license, needs to be done and complete before the database freezes a couple of weeks before the race. In other words, don't wait around and risk screwing it up: Do it now and get it done.

John "Jay" Lamm, Chief Perpetrator
24 HOURS OF Lemons
5675 Horton Street, Suite C
Emeryville CA 94608
510.655.5980 x23 (Jay direct)
- Show quoted text -

On Mar 9, 2011, at 7:37 AM, RANDY BEELER wrote:

Hey Jay,

My son Brian is the only one on the team that has his comp license.  Do the rest of us need to get it now or can we get it at Gingerman when we sign in? Let me know.

Thanks,

Randy Beeler
Captain Morgan's Rumrunners
"World Capital of Auto Racing"

Don't worry about things you have no control over!

Captain Morgan's Rumrunners
Central Indiana

4 (edited by hrlyTCH 2011-03-11 12:19 PM)

I know in some instances they've let people a  little lee-way and let them pay it the day of or the day before the race (if they were doing tech on a Friday). But, it's better practice to get it paid before then so they don't wind up calling you out during the drivers meeting.