Topic: Alternate driver....the duck

Yesterday all is right with the world, business good and getting better, then an old friend calls out of the blue and ask me "How'd you like to join us for a 24 hour LeMans race?"  WTF?  I don't have a FIA license anymore and who where you again?   And when did the Frogs invade Nelsons Ledges.....does McGill know about this?  He's gonnna be pizzzzd!!!

OK, I did finally get the Le Mons thing. I'd heard of it but.........

So this doctor finds a barely running Ford thing and he gets a collection of like minded crazies and all of a sudden I get a call? 

Here's the Question to all you vastly more knowledgeable (consider this the suck up part of this post!  ! ! ! !) Le Mon ers.  They got 6 fools, errr, drivers.  I'm going to act as MAIN GUY IN THE PITS WHO THINKS HE CAN FIX ANYTHING PERSON.  Can I be listed as an Alternate driver in the event that one of the gang of 6 punks out?  I love driving fast in the rain (thus the duck) so, like, can I be added during the actual event.  (short of burying the guy and saying I'm him?)

Just a ?. Anyone?

ciao, t

Re: Alternate driver....the duck

In short no.  To drive the car (or any car) in the event you must be one of the registered and paid 6 drivers on your team's car.

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners

Simple enough. thanks. 
So I work to keep the lil Beast running and hope the stroke of midnight doesn't include a really large hammer.

ciao, t

theturk wrote:

Simple enough. thanks. 
So I work to keep the lil Beast running and hope the stroke of midnight doesn't include a really large hammer.

ciao, t

I bet you won't need the BFH, racing $500 crap cans, they pretty much destroy themselves. The attrition is worse on Saturday.

sergio wrote:
theturk wrote:

Simple enough. thanks. 

ciao, t

I bet you won't need the BFH, racing $500 crap cans, they pretty much destroy themselves. The attrition is worse on Saturday.

Always bring a BFH.  Aside from needig to pound some sheetmetal away from wheels, you can always use it to have an impact on car that look entirely too clean for Lemons. 

http://schumachertaxiservice.com/ctracepics/images/24HoursLemons167.jpg

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

Another option would be to buy a spot on a someone else's 4 or 5-person team.  Since drivers are portable, you would technically be a part of that team and you'd reimburse them for the $100-$150 driver fee, but then you'd only drive your team's car.

Car to Pit telemetry (OBD2, GPS, and analog inputs) with little more than a phone, router, and laptop.  It's not MacGuyver, it's WifiLapper (forum | facebook)

bongle wrote:

Another option would be to buy a spot on a someone else's 4 or 5-person team.  Since drivers are portable, you would technically be a part of that team and you'd reimburse them for the $100-$150 driver fee, but then you'd only drive your team's car.

I think this is technichally the only way you could do it, if your team already has 6 drivers.  Find a team with less then 6 drivers and ask if you can register with them. 

-Scott

Scott Barton

sbarton wrote:
bongle wrote:

I think this is technichally the only way you could do it, if your team already has 6 drivers.  Find a team with less then 6 drivers and ask if you can register with them. 

-Scott

Isn't that what he just said?

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"