Topic: Whaddya think?

1995 Audi A6 Quattro, 2.6L, 5 speed. Car has been a parts car for a local foreign auto repair place. Missing the entire dashboard, steering wheel, and a couple of other bits we wouldn't keep anyway. Runs great. Drivetrain, suspension all in good shape. Shop owner was going to move the engine into another A6, but decided to make us an offer we couldn't refuse.

Alright, gents. Give me your thoughts.

Hammerheads Racing
Race, wrench and repeat.
Thompson, CT 2016 - "I got screwed" award; Loudon Annoying 2013 - 36th first finish for the Probelem; Monticello 2013 - Dead Last but we saved on fuel, so.... ; Halloween Hooptiefest 2012 - blowed up the Probelem

Re: Whaddya think?

Enjoy!

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

3 (edited by nnnick 2011-04-05 03:10 PM)

Would be a wicked car if it rains! We need more Audis out there - go for it!

Make sure you can document your spending though, a mid 90s Audi might raise some suspicion. Document the shape it is in as much as possible.

Yeah. I think a couple of photos of the partially gutted interior will help. Pre-sale gutted interior.

Hammerheads Racing
Race, wrench and repeat.
Thompson, CT 2016 - "I got screwed" award; Loudon Annoying 2013 - 36th first finish for the Probelem; Monticello 2013 - Dead Last but we saved on fuel, so.... ; Halloween Hooptiefest 2012 - blowed up the Probelem

Welcome and good luck!! It's all fun!!!

1985 BMW 535i... one of the slowest builds ever!!!

Document that build VERY well.  Sounds like a nice-ish car.  Great find, but they will want proof you paid what you said you paid.

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.

Sounds like fun! But yes, bring lots of proof it's not >$500.

Late-ish model German cars with electrical issues are legitimate $500 cars. The Judges know this, and won't sweat you too hard. Bring good scotch or bourbon to bribe the corrupt bastards, anyway.

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

TeamLemon-aid wrote:

Document that build VERY well.  Sounds like a nice-ish car.  Great find, but they will want proof you paid what you said you paid.

better brush up on my spreadsheet!

I appreciate the advice from everyone.

Ronman, I rarely travel without a single malt close at hand ;-)

Hammerheads Racing
Race, wrench and repeat.

nnnick wrote:

Make sure you can document your spending though, a mid 90s Audi might raise some suspicion. Document the shape it is in as much as possible.

love the 80s Audisport themes - doing it at NJMP this weekend.

Rally Baby 87 Audi 4KQ, Audi 90 Quattro Coupe, 1975 Mercedes R107, 87 E30s, E36s, the Whorenet, Rocco...
J. Phil: "Audis Never Win".  He might be right.But!, the K Dominates 2013 NJ and NH (not, but...). 
Stafford 2011 podium, 2nd NJMP 2013, Summit Point 2012 "WV ASSimilation award"
NJMP 2012 Organizer's Choice - R107, 2013 Monticello IOE Whorenet ! Organizers, CMP fall 2013 w/NSF

budgie wrote:

Ronman, I rarely travel without a single malt close at hand ;-)

Then you, Sir, sound like someone I need to get to know. big_smile

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

Mike C. wrote:
nnnick wrote:

love the 80s Audisport themes - doing it at NJMP this weekend.

I'll be sure to look for you.

Hammerheads Racing
Race, wrench and repeat.