Re: Help!! This weekend in Houston

ninjacoco wrote:

HOAs serve no purpose than to give useless grouchy women (and men who act like 'em) an outlet for their delusions of power and authority. They are truly the work of Satan.

I keep waiting for someone to secede from their HOA. You should've painted "Come and Take It" on the bad shell and hid back there with a paintball gun...just.....waiting.

"You should've painted "Come and Take It" on the bad shell..."

I think this is brilliant but I am sure they'd arrange for a tow, then send a bill for more than the car is worth.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

Troy wrote:
ninjacoco wrote:

HOAs serve no purpose than to give useless grouchy women (and men who act like 'em) an outlet for their delusions of power and authority. They are truly the work of Satan.

I keep waiting for someone to secede from their HOA. You should've painted "Come and Take It" on the bad shell and hid back there with a paintball gun...just.....waiting.

"You should've painted "Come and Take It" on the bad shell..."

I think this is brilliant but I am sure they'd arrange for a tow, then send a bill for more than the car is worth.

Hahahahah.  That sounds perfect!  Unfortunately, Troy is probably right.  I would have liked to see them try to tow it after seeing this happen to it from lifting it with an engine jack.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/52606240@N02/5580163377/]http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5186/5580163377_7f729041b6.jpg

At about 2 feet off the ground both rocker panels snapped clean off and the transmission tunnel buckled.  There was no floor left to support it either.  A wrecker would have snapped it in half.  Been a fun video to show.

El Capitan de Substandard Racing -  Houston, Tx
2009 Yee Haw! It's Lemons Texas: 1973 Gremlin - Gremwow!
2010 Gator-O-Rama: 1973 Gremlin - Gremlin Express, Lassiez le Crapheaps Roulette - Gremlin - Most Heroic Fix
http://substandardracing.blogspot.com/

Well, I'm glad to see that you did finally get that front suspension off. What did it take to get those f*er's off of the spindles?
Call us on Friday to let us know if you'll be Jensen-izing on the weekend. We're working on the Neon tomorrow & Thursday, but if things go well some of the weekend might be free.

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

29 (edited by komododave 2011-04-06 06:39 AM)

Well, it's done.  The rest of the car goes off to the crusher this weekend.  Don't be too sad for it since all of it's parts will be used to keep the good Jensen just out of view going for as long as possible in Lemons.  The good one is actually in really good shape.  Got it from a storage unit sale in Dallas for $500.  I'm tempted to not run it at all, but I can't resist bringing it and entertaining everyone.  The solution I've hit on is to leave it completely street legal and drive it to races ala Red Rocket.  That should increase the IOE contention.  As soon as I start it in a couple weeks, I'll put a build thread up to keep everyone informed.

cpchampion wrote:

Well, I'm glad to see that you did finally get that front suspension off. What did it take to get those f*er's off of the spindles?
Call us on Friday to let us know if you'll be Jensen-izing on the weekend. We're working on the Neon tomorrow & Thursday, but if things go well some of the weekend might be free.

Stupid front suspension.  We shouldn't have even TOUCHED it.  The whole front subframe came off with 4 bolts.  Should have just unbolted it and stuck it in storage in one piece.  Now I have to put it all back together for storage.  Unless you want to come help cart it off to scrap, there isn't much to do.  The Gremlin will come back to be finished for YeeHaw.  Just wiring and a new radiator and it'll be a winner!

Edit:  I'm planning a junkyard run on Sunday, so that might be something to do if you're interested.

2010 Gator-O-Rama: 1973 Gremlin - Gremlin Express, Lassiez le Crapheaps Roulette - Gremlin - Most Heroic Fix

komododave wrote:

Edit:  I'm planning a junkyard run on Sunday, so that might be something to do if you're interested.

We might be up for that.  Where in the world did you find a junkyard that's open on a Sunday!  I couldn't find any that were open for much past business hours, let alone on the Day of Rest.

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

31 (edited by komododave 2011-04-08 05:45 PM)

doctawife wrote:
komododave wrote:

We might be up for that.  Where in the world did you find a junkyard that's open on a Sunday!  I couldn't find any that were open for much past business hours, let alone on the Day of Rest.

U Pick U Pull U Save on Shaver St.  They have not one, but TWO gremlins there.  Who knows how many Neons!  It's the only place in Houston that I always find what I want.

Edit:  Crap!  I just gave away my secret!

Dave, let me know if you see any OLD Datsuns there

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

Will do John.

especially a differential. maybe i'll visit Troy's junkyard... i mean the Field of Dreams

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

It seems like you could put just about anything back there now that you have a speed controller.

doctawife wrote:
komododave wrote:

Most of the self service yards like Pick-A-Part are open 7 days a week.  While they are open on the day of rest, they are not open much past normal business hours.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z