Topic: Le Mans

That other race is on today  Listening to Radio Le Mans and getting ready for a day of couch potatoing. Should be a great day of not really doing much.

Re: Le Mans

Stuck at work.  Have it on the tv, radio lemans on the computer, and will stream from speed at 11:30.  Of course, when I get home, not much is going to get done.

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

Kind of sappy, but running Lemons makes me apprecite Le Mans a bit more.

Michael Rennick wrote:

Agreed. Watching the in-car from the Corvette for a while gives you a different sense of what the driver's job is like, which is nothing like what sports announcers make it look like.

Michael Rennick wrote:

For the first time ever I find myself really jazzed about it. After just successfully running a whole full 24 Lemons, I'm feeling a warped kinship with these dudes at Du Mans, in a sad 3-times removed rejected mascot kind of way.

And the scene in the Vette is almost identical to what it looked like in the Bee too! Just a few differences in the details... (cough cough)

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

Michael Rennick wrote:

Not sappy at all.  After running the Lamest day, I can appreciate the mammoth effort that it takes to run a top level car flat out, for 24 hours.   I have never been more tired, mentally wiped out, and excited in all of my life.  And that was coordinating 5 people, I can only imagine having 50 people, transporters,  hospitality, and all the rest that goes along with that.  And having to ship all of it, usually quite some distance.  Amazing.

And here is a great live feed from eurosport. http://www.justin.tv/freddy49_lemans#/w/1323407840/2

Bloomington, IN
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

A few screenshots... main video from the Audi, background audio from the vette, commentary from eurosport. And live timing from Le Mans.

ADD heaven!

(early evening)
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/255631_2137449160347_1369652107_2527464_1895312_n.jpg

(3:30am)
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/251341_2138095256499_1369652107_2528574_5218105_n.jpg

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

Congrats to Audi, Corvette, and everyone that made it!  Hell of a race.

Bloomington, IN

Yea, now Audi, Corvette, and the others can say they have a small idea of what it is like to survive one of our 24 hour races. wink

m610 wrote:

Yea, now Audi, Corvette, and the others can say they have a small idea of what it is like to survive one of our 24 hour races. wink

Now they just need to crank LeMans up to 48 hours and let them have their cars back once they've hitched a ride on the tow truck so they can get the full effect.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

I thought the race was pretty lame. There werent any airplane powered, or dual engined, or backward chassis, motorcycle powered, or front to rear wheel drive conversions. The themes were pretty boring too. Bad drivers didn't even get punished very severly.

*sarcasm heavily applied. The coverage reminded me to start my "auto racing bucket list change collection jar" again. It looked like so much damn fun.