Topic: Magazine subscription ideas

My sister and I each had a great idea for my Dad's bday, a subscription to hot rod magazine, except she beat me to the punch and ordered it already. Two years for 20 bucks. Such a deal. Any suggestions for another paper mag subscription?  Road and trash and other similar new car rags seem to be the same old boring review of the same damn cars all the other mags are reviewing. Motor trend is better with Jonny's take on car reviews (see the Three Loko article) but we can get most of that content online. any suggestions for another mag?  Classic cars are cool. Dad rocks a Citroen DS as his daily driver so old stuff is cool.

Re: Magazine subscription ideas

GRM?

Daniel Sycks

+1 GRM

Hemmings Sports and Exotic

Rally Baby 87 Audi 4KQ, Audi 90 Quattro Coupe, 1975 Mercedes R107, 87 E30s, E36s, the Whorenet, Rocco...
J. Phil: "Audis Never Win".  He might be right.But!, the K Dominates 2013 NJ and NH (not, but...). 
Stafford 2011 podium, 2nd NJMP 2013, Summit Point 2012 "WV ASSimilation award"
NJMP 2012 Organizer's Choice - R107, 2013 Monticello IOE Whorenet ! Organizers, CMP fall 2013 w/NSF

Agree with Grassroots Motorsports as posted above and/or their sister publication- Classic Motorsports.

Import Alloy Racing
The Little Red Poorvette

If your dad likes Euro iron, then he would probably appreciate Hemmings' Sports and Exotic Car mag. Very entertaining with lots of older imports (mainly European but some Japanese). I'm down to just GRM and Sports/Exotic as my car mag subscriptions and I honestly don't know which one I'd give up first. If he's more a racing fan, then GRM would be better, but if he's more of a car fan, Sports/Exotic might be more up his alley. Good luck!

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.