Topic: Battery Scammage

So we had a battery out of a parts car here that had warranty left on it. Took that sucker in to Wally World and got a free replacement. Is it OK to show the receipt getting the battery for free or will the cost still count against?

Re: Battery Scammage

Disney wrote:

So we had a battery out of a parts car here that had warranty left on it. Took that sucker in to Wally World and got a free replacement. Is it OK to show the receipt getting the battery for free or will the cost still count against?

I could have sworn you said you took it out of your "race car" and took it to Wally's and got a brand new one for free.
Honestly it doesn't really matter where you dig up a battery. There's not going to be one person on the track or off that's going to tell you that it needs to be claimed, receipt and all. Every car needs one and it needs to be in top condition cause the judges don't want that thing spewing acid all over the track. Consider it more a safety Item, I would. (now of course someone might beg to differ)

Now does it make your car faster? If it does I need the one that gives me at least 20 more horsepower.

Team: V-Ram/Altamont Team: Knights of the Round Track/Reno/Buttonwillow/Thunderhill Team: Death Mobile/Sears 2010/Thunderhill/ChumpCar  Spokane/ MSR Houston/Buttonwillow/Sears. MRolla Project /Reno
http://stickfigureracing.blogspot.com/

Bring all your receipts. How hard we scrutinize your car depends on what kind of car it is. Bring a Miata and we'll X-ray the whole team. Bring an Olds 98 and we probably won't even open the hood.

I hide our flux capacitor in our battery.  (Don't tell Murliee)

We are the people your parents warned you about.

MurileeMartin wrote:

Bring all your receipts. How hard we scrutinize your car depends on what kind of car it is. Bring a Miata and we'll X-ray the whole team. Bring an Olds 98 and we probably won't even open the hood.

Just remember X-Ray radiation and Batteries don't go well together. big_smile

Team: V-Ram/Altamont Team: Knights of the Round Track/Reno/Buttonwillow/Thunderhill Team: Death Mobile/Sears 2010/Thunderhill/ChumpCar  Spokane/ MSR Houston/Buttonwillow/Sears. MRolla Project /Reno
http://stickfigureracing.blogspot.com/

http://www.alexcox.com/images/ac_bigpics/RM_JFrank_Cop.jpg

Ra-di-a-tion. Yes, indeed. You hear the most outrageous lies about it. Half-baked goggle-box do-gooders telling everybody it's bad for you. Pernicious nonsense! Everybody could stand a hundred chest X-rays a year! They oughta have 'em, too

Just make it dirty, they will never know!

ohh wait, wrong thread

Modern small battery, crappy old big battery case. Fat cables. NOS cheater system. Hmmmm....

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

Gotta stop giving away the old-time secrets!

Jim "Endo" Anderton

MurileeMartin wrote:

http://www.alexcox.com/images/ac_bigpic … nk_Cop.jpg

Ra-di-a-tion. Yes, indeed. You hear the most outrageous lies about it. Half-baked goggle-box do-gooders telling everybody it's bad for you. Pernicious nonsense! Everybody could stand a hundred chest X-rays a year! They oughta have 'em, too

If someone brings a mid-60's Malibu, will the trunk be checked for dead aliens at BS inspection?

Team Co-Craptain, Los Cerdos Voladores
Plymouth Neon
Yeah, we're horrible...but we're LEAST Horrible

Bender/StickFigureRacing wrote:
Disney wrote:

I could have sworn you said you took it out of your "race car" and took it to Wally's and got a brand new one for free.
Honestly it doesn't really matter where you dig up a battery. There's not going to be one person on the track or off that's going to tell you that it needs to be claimed, receipt and all. Every car needs one and it needs to be in top condition cause the judges don't want that thing spewing acid all over the track. Consider it more a safety Item, I would. (now of course someone might beg to differ)

Now does it make your car faster? If it does I need the one that gives me at least 20 more horsepower.

It actually did come out of the race car....  It's been in there for quite a while and was never claimed before. It originally came out of a parted out car, then to the race car, then to Wally World, then to Canada for all I care. But now we have a new one! I'll make sure to bring the receipt. wink

Thanks for the replies!

Don't think it came to Canada....the back of my garage has all the POS dead batteries up here...

Jim "Endo" Anderton

Yeh, this one was a POS dead batt with a chewed up + terminal. Probably already in your garage!

Stubbed my toe on it this morning....

Jim "Endo" Anderton