Re: A car built from everyone's surplus shite parts. What have you got?

Mulry wrote:

Also, the doors , front fenders, hood, grille, and maybe the trunk lid and rear fenders from a 1967 SIMCA 1000GLS. And a spare AW11 MR2 rear spoiler that says "Baksheesh Is Not a Crime" on it from Joliet '10.

Pleaae bring all the simca parts you can spare to joliet.

dead rabbit society: cultured 'n shit.

Rich Duisberg wrote:
EyeMWing wrote:

4R70W

I have no idea what that is. It sounds bloody important though. Is it large enough to start welding some of the other shite to it?

More good news: I have a rear view mirror here from an Austin Montego. Add it to the list.

Bloody important, big, and centrally located.

Supposed to be an automatic transmission for some kinda Ford.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

cpchampion wrote:
Sir Thomas Crapper wrote:

If the race gives you Lemons, turn them into lemonade

Even when the Lemons are half-composted?

Especially then...potential new trackside beverage!

Hard lemonade.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Instrument cluster, tailgate letters and one dog-dish hubcap from a '59 Edsel wagon, and a slightly dinged emblem from an NSU TYP 110.

240Z ski rack, Merc 190E radio, cracked Fiat DOHC 124 header. Those will work a treat...

Tradewinds Tribesmen Racing (The road goes on forever…)
#289 1984 Corvette Z51 #124 1984 944 #110 2002 Passat
Gone but not forgotten, #427-Hong Kong Cavaliers Benz S500
IOE (Humber!) Hell on Wheels (Jaguar)

OK, I'll offer a Super Snipe in-line hemi engine.   It is in a zillion pieces, all of
which are the rejects that didn't make it into the current running engine.   I
stripped both engines to the bare blocks and then picked the best parts from
each pile to make one "good" engine.

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
IOE winner in the Super Snipe -- Buttonwillow 2012
IOE winner in Super Snipe v2.0 -- Buttonwillow 2016
"Every Super Snipe in Lemons has won an IOE!"

How did we get to 31 posts in this thread before someone offered the most fundamentally important part of any car? The most critical component of all? The one on which the rest of the vehicle depends?

Type44 wrote:

240Z ski rack

I also have a W124 Benz with a wrecked front end and rear corner, no engine or transmission, and no rear wheels. Add a used control arm and/or some creative bending and you have a (non)rolling chassis.

At this point it looks like we have enough parts to build at least three complete cars. Now we just need to transport all this shit and all these people to a central location with tools and a scrapyard for the greatest Top Gear tribute challenge of all time.

SpaceFrank wrote:

I also have a W124 Benz with a wrecked front end and rear corner, no engine or transmission, and no rear wheels. Add a used control arm and/or some creative bending and you have a (non)rolling chassis.

At this point it looks like we have enough parts to build at least three complete cars. Now we just need to transport all this shit and all these people to a central location with tools and a scrapyard for the greatest Top Gear tribute challenge of all time.

Bent chassis. Hmmm. Does it bend left or right, up or down, and by how much? Surely it would be easier to find and match a track's layout to the chassis we have instead of trying to straighten the car? I have a Miata as bent as Laguna Seca's corkscrew, but it would be useless anywhere else.

Central location? I'm in the UK, you lot are in the colonies, halfway looks like either the Azores or Iceland. What is the baggage allowance with British Airways nowadays?

/sober.

36 (edited by chaase 2015-04-02 05:42 AM)

Rich Duisberg wrote:
SpaceFrank wrote:

Bent chassis. Hmmm. Does it bend left or right, up or down, and by how much? Surely it would be easier to find and match a track's layout to the chassis we have instead of trying to straighten the car? I have a Miata as bent as Laguna Seca's corkscrew, but it would be useless anywhere else.

Central location? I'm in the UK, you lot are in the colonies, halfway looks like either the Azores or Iceland. What is the baggage allowance with British Airways nowadays?

/sober.

A Central location for the US/UK would be roughly NY if consider many people are on the west coast. The flight time from NY to LA is about the same as the London to NY. Newfoundland or Eastern Maine may be a tad closer but might be harder to get to.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

I have a schizophrenic collection of parts. Several Turbo dodge engines, one transmission, more parts than I care to list off those cars. I have most of an FC RX7 disassembled on shelves. I have an assembled 1976 Yamaha XS500, and a second one that is completely disassembled on shelves. A partially put back together 1975 Kawasaki KZ400, and boxes of spare parts for it. A random briggs and stratton single cylinder engine, a Porsche 944 roof panel, rear window louvers, and some other stuff I'm forgetting. All this lives in a tiny single bay garage.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

Volvo B18D
Volvo M40
Borg Warner 35 Torque Converter and Flexplate
W116 Aluminum Hood
e36/5 Rear tweeters

I've pretty much got a full car from the looks of it.

Planet Express
"IOE" "C Win" 4834.701 Race Miles and counting
Toyocedes
"Least Southern Pickup Truck" "IOE" "C win" "C win (again?)"

Rich Duisberg wrote:
SpaceFrank wrote:

/sober.

Actually, the chassis isn't bent. Just the left rear suspension and some sheet metal. I meant creative bending might be required if it needs more than a control arm, or if you're really cheap.

chaase wrote:
Rich Duisberg wrote:
SpaceFrank wrote:

/sober.

A Central location for the US/UK would be roughly NY if consider many people are on the west coast. The flight time from NY to LA is about the same as the London to NY. Newfoundland or Eastern Maine may be a tad closer but might be harder to get to.

I have 20 acres, neighbors that dont ask questions, and the ability to burn/shoot things we dont like. 2-3 hours drive from cleveland/pittsburgh/bUffalo and enough parts cars to build two or three terrible cars. 

And bacon

dead rabbit society: cultured 'n shit.