Topic: Bribes: Is it just scotch?

How about other kinds of high-falutin' booze?

I ask, because I have the unique chance to get my grubby mitts on some really snazzy illicit German stuff, but it's not scotch. It makes for a wonderful evening (had a few of those myself on this stuff), and it won't kill you, but it's not scotch. It's not beer, either, in case you were wondering. If I'm going to harness the glib customs-dodging skills of one of my intrepid co-workers, I want it to go to a good cause. Or, at least, a better cause than simply putting my team under the table!

Captainess: #88 Scirocket Racing - Did someone say Pikachu?

Re: Bribes: Is it just scotch?

I do believe our judges are equal opportunity drunks smile

If not we could use it to fuel the Wartburg (or its drivers) Im sure she would appreciate a taste of the motherland.

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

Depending on the coast your on and if the judges have driven to the event - high falutin' booze may end up in the hands of the track and not it's intended recipiants.  The best bribes are those things that either are consumed at the track - good food, endless supply of coffee, etc.  Or small compact things that can go back in thier luggage, like t-shirts.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

I might have heard from a certain nameless person that the judges might like premium rum lately.....maybe, well kinda anyway....

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

RobL wrote:

Depending on the coast your on and if the judges have driven to the event - high falutin' booze may end up in the hands of the track and not it's intended recipiants.

Perhaps bribing the corner workers might be a good idea...

"Hey, did you see that car go four off?"

"Nah, I couldn't see past this Yeltsin-sized bottle of Stoli."

1978 AMC Pacer - The Blue Flag Special
BFE GP '12 - IOE
BFE GP '13 - Co-Organizer's Choice w/ Speed Holes Wrenching

6 (edited by Riktor 2010-02-10 09:55 AM)

Rockford Brodie wrote:
RobL wrote:

Depending on the coast your on and if the judges have driven to the event - high falutin' booze may end up in the hands of the track and not it's intended recipiants.

Drunk corner workers... could be fun... or spell disaster...

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

7 (edited by RobL 2010-02-10 10:07 AM)

Riktor wrote:
Rockford Brodie wrote:
RobL wrote:

Drunk corner workers... could be fun... or spell disaster...

They were fun and disastrous at Nelson Ledges.

"Hey Chip, let me throw out this blue and yellow flag for an hour - let's see what they do."

We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.

RobL wrote:

Depending on the coast your on and if the judges have driven to the event - high falutin' booze may end up in the hands of the track and not it's intended recipiants.  The best bribes are those things that either are consumed at the track - good food, endless supply of coffee, etc.  Or small compact things that can go back in thier luggage, like t-shirts.

This is seriously faulty thinking and just plain wrong.

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

The Khyber Pass Copy Martini-Henry rifles from Afghanistan were pretty good bribes. Top-shelf booze is always welcome. The commemorative etched Lemons South pint glasses were most pleasing. The Knuckles monogrammed dog dish was cool, but what about the Lemons HQ dogs, Hoobert and Cassie? They're drinking out of Alfa hubcaps!

Judge Jonny wrote:
RobL wrote:

This is seriously faulty thinking and just plain wrong.

I heard it from a most reliable and honorable source...

http://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/viewt … 902#p11902

"We take one or two bottles of the good stuff each."

That means that those of you who bring second-rate booze bribes will not have the honor of Lemons Supreme Court judges drinking your contribution to the Scales Of Justice (though such bribes will still help purchase fairer justice, unless we're talking about Boone's Farm or Kessler's). Right now, I'm looking at a nice bottle of Glenmorangie from CMP that did make the cut and into my checked bag for the flight back to California.

MurileeMartin wrote:

That means that those of you who bring second-rate booze bribes will not have the honor of Lemons Supreme Court judges drinking your contribution to the Scales Of Justice (though such bribes will still help purchase fairer justice, unless we're talking about Boone's Farm or Kessler's). Right now, I'm looking at a nice bottle of Glenmorangie from CMP that did make the cut and into my checked bag for the flight back to California.

So I guess my Thunderbird for our Thunderbird won't make the cut???

"2 bits thrice"

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

And you californi boys best take note. If we drive to a race, then we take much more tyan one or two bottles.

Also, just enjoyed some amazing Pendleton whiskey last night. It was a thunderhill bribe and it is delicious

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Solution for cheap vodka...

http://www.pcmofo.com/pictures/vodkafilter.jpg

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

Sir Thomas Crapper wrote:
MurileeMartin wrote:

So I guess my Thunderbird for our Thunderbird won't make the cut???

"2 bits thrice"

Thunderbird rocks, remember drinkin' some in my schooling days!

Team monstaRX-7: #91 1991 Mazda RX-7 convertible with a 5.0, WHAT COULD GO WRONG?
Races: 2010 Gator-O-Rama(DNF, blown motor, "Trailer on Saturday"), Oct 2011 Yee-Haw Its Lemons(actually finished the race! Judge's Choice)

We won't pour Thunderbird bribes on your engine. We'll pour it in your helmet.

MurileeMartin wrote:

Keep ya cool...

Sons of STIG

MurileeMartin wrote:

Won't that ruin the foam in the helmet? I guess that's better than ruining your liver. You can always buy a new helmet. Plus it's cheaper than a liver, even a black market one......