Topic: Entry rally list of cars.

Is there a list of entrys for Hell on Wheels Monterey rally? Or our we only the stupid ones making poor desicions.

Random Acts of Stupidity Award! 2017 Hell on Wheels Monterey Car Weak!
In the 1967 VW Bus.

Re: Entry rally list of cars.

I haven't seen a list yet. I'll attempt it either in my car that broke down trying to get there two years ago (if I can get it running by Sunday), or in my car that broke down at the end last year, or in my pickup that has already finished one without breaking down (which seems like cheating).

So, there's at least two of us idiots making poor decisions.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

I’m entered with my ‘83 Dodge B-150 conversion van. Got some looks from the moms while dropping my kid off for the first day of school. Fortunately police were not called.

My two buddies and I will be there in our '79 Pinto. I've never been more excited at breaking down hundreds of miles from home.

I'll be there with a '95 Thunderbird that I just bought today.  Nothing like waiting until the last minute to make a really poor decision on a car to drive through the desert in the middle of summer.

1983 Mercedes 300D: Das Blaue Biest - Car Weeeeak 2017 Rally.
1995 Ford Thunderbird: The Turdbird - Car Weeeeak 2018 Rally
2006 Ford Crown Vic: 5150Vicky - 2018 Gambler 500 Rallys
IG: lamborgotti_fasterossa

Give me a minute and I'll make an unofficial list. We leave Rally registration open until almost the rally start so we're never sure enough about the entry list to the point where I'd publish it.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

therood wrote:

Give me a minute and I'll make an unofficial list. We leave Rally registration open until almost the rally start so we're never sure enough about the entry list to the point where I'd publish it.

Can you also post a car count for CMP please?

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

what about sucky suck? how many signed up? who? what cars? inquiring minds...

I Survived Hell on Wheels, Car Weeeak, Route Sucky Suck, etc.

Right now, I think it's 57 signed up, 38 paid. Or something to that effect. Give me a couple days to finish sorting out some stuff and I'll put together the PAID entry list.

Assembling the rally entry lists is kind of a PITA because we don't ever "finalize" it since you can pay up until we leave Registration.

Eric Rood
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

10 (edited by tombaumer 2019-06-21 02:50 AM)

Getting a 1980 300 TD Wagon ready and looking forward to my first rally

Im signed up, paid in full and room booked for the first night at circus circus in Reno. Team of 4 in an old ford panel truck offering roadside assistance to anyone we see broken down on the side of the road.

jcouch1987 wrote:

Im signed up, paid in full and room booked for the first night at circus circus in Reno. Team of 4 in an old ford panel truck offering roadside assistance to anyone we see broken down on the side of the road.

Thank you thank you
Tommy

My son is 20 yo and I am hoping that there are other young people on this event

tombaumer wrote:

Young at heart.... ive got a couple buddies signed up that are late 20s.  The 4 of us on my team are in our early 30s.  I think its awesome that your son is getting invloved as young as he is.

Doing the 2019 Monterey Lemons Rally with two friends in a brown 1980 Ford Fairmont I bought for $500 last week. Should get much better mileage than the Dodge van we ran last year. No shag carpeting or captains chairs though.

tombaumer wrote:

Both of the D-Listers drivers are 24 or so if that counts as young enough. Seems like there's usually some teams of college age.

We're pretty excited about doing the Hell on Wheels rally again. Most of you only saw our car in the mornings when you left. Our old Volvo spent the largest part of each day breaking down. That meant late-night arrivals and late departures. We're hoping to keep up with some of the slower cars this year!

bringing a 54 ford mainline that is comfortable at 60-65mph.  Not quite as cushy as last year's country squire, but hopefully a bit more reliable?? At least we will be getting some old car points!

yay for old cars! 60-65 is a good speed for the Rally. We almost could go that fast last year...but not quite...and not for very long at a stretch. This year, my new Hudson seems pretty happy at those speeds.

https://i.imgur.com/hqzXc3P.jpg

Here are the teams that are paid as of about 10 minutes ago. There are at least another dozen unpaid and part of the fun here is seeing who shows up and who doesn't.

Eric Rood
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

21 (edited by billy bee 2019-08-15 07:22 AM)

I'm hoping you all give us some heads up about where you are in San Luis Obispo tonight. We would loved to catch up with you. The website mentioned the Lamplighter and Farmer's Market. We will certainly pop over to the Lamplighter looking for you. Farmer's Market spans several blocks and parking is a challenge.

We could also help somebody with car problems.  We have a shop and a lift if something needs doing. I also have a small garage right downtown with a full complement of tools.

Hit us up by email (motobill at gmail) if you can tell us where to come partake in the shenanigans and/or if we can help. We will be driving around in the Kim Jong Elantra.

Karl and Bill
Team Safety Third
Kim Jong Elantra

it was good to meet you! thanks for stopping by