Topic: New guy deciding if I can participate

I have a group of friends that would like to start a team for a rally in 2021. If we showed  up with a slightly more reliable car than most (not really super mechanically gifted) would we be welcomed? I get most of the fun for others is keeping a crappy car running. I know we wouldn't get points due to the condition of our car vs a team that had to get creative with repairs, but I think we'd have a blast with the themed idea we have and hitting up as many points of interest as possible in the day. Not really interested in winning as much as a fun guys thing to do for several days.

Re: New guy deciding if I can participate

All are welcome.....
Doesnt matter if you drive a clapped-out hooptie,or a brand new Lambo....
Just show up with a good attitude and have fun...

40+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

Sure, there are lots of folks doing that. Also consider that there are quite a few non-mechanically gifted folks driving really crappy cars and making it to the end. Other people on the Rally will help you when you need help.

I Survived Hell on Wheels, Car Weeeak, and Route Sucky Suck

Yea bring what you like, Doing the thing is what's fun, "winning" is just something that ends up happening to someone else.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

Can't see why it wouldn't. Unless it's a Honda Bike, Rally can't have Motorcycles.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport