Re: Over-aggresiveness and losing it all

No hate coming from me...  I was bummed to see it happen.  My first response was "NOOOO!!" cuz I knew they were in the lead.  Like I said up above, the POS guy I talked to was super cool.  Just hated to see them lose the lead that way.

Props to POS for being up front, for sure.

The Cannonball Bandits | Facebook Fan Page | Unununium Medal Winners 2010
3X Organizer's Choice Winner 2010 - Sears Pointless, Goin' For Broken, Arse Sweat-A-Palooza
1X Organizer's Choice Winner 2011 - Arse Sweat-A-Palooza

As for costing your team the podium, allow me to quote the Great and Mighty Pendejo, "Winning Lemons is like cleaning your toilet twice in one day and bragging about it."

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Judge Jonny wrote:

As for costing your team the podium, allow me to quote the Great and Mighty Pendejo, "Winning Lemons is like cleaning your toilet twice in one day and bragging about it."

More like being able to clog the world's largest toilet.  It takes alot of fiber

The penalty should have been to eat Jay's sandwich.  What the hell was that, SPAM?

30 (edited by Contraband 2010-03-10 06:34 PM)

That's like the shortest penalty box to track entrance route I've ever seen in Lemons

And as somebody who's felt the Wrath of Jay™ (the one that he usually reserves for when he kicks a team out) for spilling fuel on the asphalt at Thunderhill... it's not fun and it wasn't worth the *maybe* 10 extra seconds it would have saved by thinking what I was doing and doing it right.

More than you can afford, pal. Daihatsu.
AFAP TH '09 - 95th
ASAP TH '10 - 34th - 1st Class C "Ugly"

Judge Jonny wrote:

Y'know Jonny, I've seen you and some others say this before, and I wholeheartedly disagree. Maybe my life is paltry and I don't get to drive Audi R8s around canyon roads for a living like others here, but if I won a Lemons race, I'd be ecstatic and as proud as a newborn father.

I guess it may be a drop in the bucket for some of the guys who run teams in other "professional" series. But for n00bs like us who put our car together in a home garage with a Sawzall, Harbor Freight tools, a lot of beer, and have only a couple of track days under our belts, doing well is a big thing! We were very happy with our last top 10 finish. Perhaps I don't have enough hubris for motorsports smile

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

LTDScott wrote:
Judge Jonny wrote:

Y'know Jonny, I've seen you and some others say this before, and I wholeheartedly disagree. Maybe my life is paltry and I don't get to drive Audi R8s around canyon roads for a living like others here, but if I won a Lemons race, I'd be ecstatic and as proud as a newborn father.

I guess it may be a drop in the bucket for some of the guys who run teams in other "professional" series. But for n00bs like us who put our car together in a home garage with a Sawzall, Harbor Freight tools, a lot of beer, and have only a couple of track days under our belts, doing well is a big thing! We were very happy with our last top 10 finish. Perhaps I don't have enough hubris for motorsports smile

Well said...very good points......

Keep in mind....the Mighty Pendejo hasn't WON Lemons....so how does he really know?

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

icemang17 wrote:
LTDScott wrote:
Judge Jonny wrote:

Keep in mind....the Mighty Pendejo hasn't WON Lemons....so how does he really know?

Scott: Big talk for an E30 driver. Do it in a Skoda and we'll talk.

Mr. Mang: It's not wise to disagree with the Mighty Pendejo. Consider that a judicial tip.

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

By the way, my apologies to whoever was driving the POS E30 at the end of the race. We had no idea who the overall winner was when we headed to the Santa Claus Lump Of Coal Disbursement Center, so I asked the Eyesore driver, the Krider driver... and (having totally spaced on the whole run-over-Jay's-mom incident a few hours earlier) the F'ed Up POS driver. As soon as the words "Were you the winner?" came out of my mouth, I felt like I'd jabbed a red-hot poker into the dude's eyeball. Normally, I like making racers sad, but not when we're congratulating them for keeping their heaps running all the way the end of the weekend. Sorry!

icemang17 wrote:
LTDScott wrote:
Judge Jonny wrote:

Let me just say, it's a big deal to win a Lemons race! When you win one you'll feel it too. My wife couldn't pull me off the ceiling for a week. My teammates felt the same way.

We'd LOVE to win a race.  Right now, though, our eyes are on a bigger prize---the IOE.

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

icemang17 wrote:

You shoulda at least taken a bite of Jay's sandwich.....

It looked good... Should of tried to take it from his hands and broke the ice. He loves that kind of thing.

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

sergio wrote:

Let me just say, it's a big deal to win a Lemons race! When you win one you'll feel it too. My wife couldn't pull me off the ceiling for a week. My teammates felt the same way.

This is exactly my point! Jonny, E30 blah blah yackety schmackety or not, I think it's a hell of an accomplishment to make a $500 beater outrun and outlast a field of 100-150 others over 14+ hours. Most people would not even drive our POS cars let alone race them. It takes quite a bit of hard work, preparation, strategy, and luck to come out on top, not just a fat wallet as is the case with many other race series.

While IoE captures the spirit of the event and rightly has the bigger payout, I think any team that gets the overall win has the right to be very proud of themselves.

LTDScott wrote:
sergio wrote:

This is exactly my point! Jonny, E30 blah blah yackety schmackety or not, I think it's a hell of an accomplishment to make a $500 beater outrun and outlast a field of 100-150 others over 14+ hours. Most people would not even drive our POS cars let alone race them. It takes quite a bit of hard work, preparation, strategy, and luck to come out on top, not just a fat wallet as is the case with many other race series.

While IoE captures the spirit of the event and rightly has the bigger payout, I think any team that gets the overall win has the right to be very proud of themselves.

This bring up a point... can/has any one won IOE and OVERALL in the same race?!

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

Good question. I know they break down the good/bad/ugly categories and the overall winner doesn't get a "double win" by winning their own category as well.

But if something French or pre-1970 wins the overall race, I wouldn't be surprised if they win both prizes.

Judge Jonny wrote:

Do it in a Skoda and we'll talk.

Oooh...Skoda hadn't crossed my mind.  That might be just as great as Yugo, minus the hand warming surface.

Plain Jane '86 BMW 535i - Current
RIP People's Elbowed Protege - 2010

LTDScott wrote:
sergio wrote:

Again, I think anyone that cleans their toilet twice in one day has the right to be proud.

Have YOU ever cleaned your toilet twice in one day?

Judge Jonny wrote:
LTDScott wrote:
sergio wrote:

Again, I think anyone that cleans their toilet twice in one day has the right to be proud.

Have YOU ever cleaned your toilet twice in one day?

Only right before you come over and right after you leave.

Sons of STIG

Judge Jonny wrote:

No, but I have been proud of what necessitated cleaning of said toilet.

LTDScott wrote:

Good question. I know they break down the good/bad/ugly categories and the overall winner doesn't get a "double win" by winning their own category as well.

But if something French or pre-1970 wins the overall race, I wouldn't be surprised if they win both prizes.

If/when that happens, I would imagine that they would just shut the whole series down and walk away. Game. Over.

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

LTDScott wrote:

Hey, we're pretty happy that we're 3/3 at simply *finishing* races smile.

Solracer wrote:

+1

Chump Ganasee Targee Racing Eagle Talon
formerly #98 We Each Hit Racing Toyota Paseo
2 Time Vodden "B" Class Winner - 2012, 2013
Best finish ever for a DSM - 3rd 2013 Vodden

We're kind've 4/5, as long as you don't take into consideration being down half the time, or the Caddy COASTING past the checkered with the engine dead...

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

Solracer wrote:
LTDScott wrote:

Damn right!

sergio wrote:
icemang17 wrote:
LTDScott wrote:

Seriously, and you don't even have to win. I showed the crappy little mirror trophy we got at Yee-haw (for constantly being in the way) to EVERYONE.

Josh Poage
Poage Ma Thoin Racing - 1981 Fiat Brava #09 - 2009 Yee-haw It's Texas
Prison Break Racing - 1986 325e #27 - 2010 Gator-o-Rama
Poage Ma Thoin Racing - 1981 Fiat Brava #09 - 2011 Heaps in the Heart of Texas