1 (edited by cg allen 2023-10-26 09:37 AM)

Topic: PRICE DROP - BMW E30 V8 swap - $1900 - San Francisco, CA

Up for sale is a 1985 BMW E30 with a V8 M60 swap. This car was previously raced in Lemons (but not by us) and is a great starting point for a team interested in the E30 platform. Our team purchased the car and the M60 motor and the swap is nearly complete but we have decided to go a different direction. Needs some TLC to get it back on the track but overall a great car.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pw/ADCreHdYiTmdq7aorJKCdTA23bsMc6txh-geF72cJxKi1wG7yIbo9vs9EVx_xlYTBZ5vyfC79lhLqI6OYg7ARX_Gf5Jg94a_bahxC4uKTsgSzAkhcEEC4U3oFE56_RiVm-uC2RzTjWVW__-KTZ6nPgkhzDuvAg=w2178-h1634-s-no?authuser=1

We will not be able to start it up for you in its current storage location but there is a video of it ("ran when parked, here is a video to prove it") along with some photos in this album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/eCp6TX7yMtARPiyt5.

Pros

• Previously raced E30 that is caged and has passed Lemons tech

• M60B40 V8 engine swap

• Getrag 420G 6 speed manual transmission

• Motor runs and sounds great

• New custom headers

• Modified E46 M3 exhaust

• New battery

• New motor mounts and oil line housing

• All fluids flushed and replaced

• Lots of spare parts

Cons

• Motor does not idle and will need some additional fine tuning

• Needs new electric radiator fans

• Cage will need one additional bar on each door (rules were updated since it was last raced) — I have spoken with John Pagel and the cage is otherwise ready to go

• Cockpit and gauges are sort of a mess: it’s all there but you’ll need a Saturday afternoon and five beers to put it back together

• Lots of other small jobs (reattach bumper covers and tail lights, install new brake reservoir, etc.) to get it ready for the track. We have the parts for all of the small jobs we know about.

Disclaimers

• Does not come with seat shown in some of the pics

• McDonald's livery mostly deleted (you're welcome!)

• Our team has not personally raced this car

• Mileage unknown on everything

• We have not driven the car so can’t vouch for the transmission (the previous owners told us that it did fine in its last race)

• There are no guarantees in life or in race cars and none are offered here

• Willing to negotiate on price if you have read this far and can make it easy on us (i.e. just show up with cash and a trailer and don’t ask me a million questions)

Re: PRICE DROP - BMW E30 V8 swap - $1900 - San Francisco, CA

Now yours for fewer dollars.

OK. I really need this to not take up space in my garage because I have other crap cars to put in there. Price dropped again. Honestly just LMK if you want it and let's go from there.

i just sold a Getrag 420G for $900,
and the rest of the cage etc are worth money
so somebody should pony up that cash...
its a BAAARGAIN

Is this still available?