Topic: Which Summit Point track?

The Lemons site kinda makes it seem that we are using the Summit Point Main circuit.  But the NASA Hyperfest site says they are using the Main Circuit that weekend.  So which one are we using? 

BTW, the combination of Hyperfest and Lemons on the same weekend should make for an awesome weekend.  If you get bored for even a half a second, you need to have your car nut member card revoked. 

-Scott

Scott Barton

Re: Which Summit Point track?

http://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/viewtopic.php?id=1807

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

There's a turn off to eliminate the carousel and corkscrew just after the bridge.  3 wide at the carousel w/ Lemons would have been fun, though.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

4 (edited by RobL 2010-04-05 12:04 PM)

Sir Thomas Crapper wrote:

There's a turn off to eliminate the carousel and corkscrew just after the bridge.  3 wide at the carousel w/ Lemons would have been fun, though.

While I would never outright discount that turn - it's a blind turn after a rise and longish straight and only eliminates the karousel, not the corkscrew.  Anyone who misses that turn and hits the grass will (not might) hit a wall.

We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.

Where will they cut it off then?

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

http://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/viewtopic.php?id=3657

If oneday is correct about not using the corkscrew, then there is a turn on bridge straight right before the bridge that will take you past start/finish - backwards.  Then use the "Old Ram" cutover to get back into the cave esses.  It will make for a very tight course with minimal passing zones. 

All of this is of course conjecture based on internet rumors posted here.

RobL wrote:

http://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/viewtopic.php?id=3657

If oneday is correct about not using the corkscrew, then there is a turn on bridge straight right before the bridge that will take you past start/finish - backwards.  Then use the "Old Ram" cutover to get back into the cave esses.  It will make for a very tight course with minimal passing zones. 

All of this is of course conjecture based on internet rumors posted here.

minimal passing zones?  this is Lemons, not f1, everywhere is a passing zone! (whether is should be or not)

Heard another interesting rumor last night - full track.   

...and while everywhere CAN be a passing zone, I don't like explaining to the guys in robes that "I had the inside line and that the 4000# LTD should have yeilded because I'm faster than them through the esses."

If we can pass on the infield at Stafford, we can pass practically anywhere.   Scary but true.

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

this being Lemons also means i don't trust anyone out on track to be aware of what is going on or to have looked in, or even have, mirrors

eljefe17 wrote:

this being Lemons also means i don't trust anyone out on track to be aware of what is going on or to have looked in, or even have, mirrors

You know this is the car your driving at Summit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R3n42TK0Q0

12 (edited by eljefe17 2010-04-07 11:33 AM)

RobL wrote:
eljefe17 wrote:

You know this is the car your driving at Summit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R3n42TK0Q0

HA!  i guess i'll make sure that is on there nice and tight before i hop in

had to make sure the car i was in wasn't one of the cars flying by in the video

RobL wrote:

It will make for a very tight course with minimal passing zones. 

hmmm. so the ModSquad I MK2 MR2 would be a better choice as the metal is thicker than my ModSquad II MK1 MR2. Though we may elect to try and enter both cars...
decisions...

Bill Strong
Racing Strong Motorsports
Like us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/RacingStrong

We're bringing the coROLLa.  That way it won't be a surprise to us when the car rolls/blows a head/blows a block etc etc...

1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

when will white 2004 BMW 330Xi's be worth only $500??? I would really love to drive my "money pit" in a race with lots of concrete walls...

Bill Strong
Racing Strong Motorsports
Like us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/RacingStrong

I'm sure there will be a couple of hairy moments, but in general Lemons drivers are pretty good at staying out of trouble.  unless you're in a Mitsubishi or something...

I've revived this thread as we've really & honestly heard no word on what we're going to be doing. after gingerman I'd tend to think we've at the very least shown that we're capable of not being COMPLETELY inept now that there's been sufficient numbers of events in the general area.

Anyone? Jay? Nick? Judges? Track Staff? Inquiring minds want to know smile

It's the full course.  From the top, it's the full course.

Serj wrote:

I've revived this thread as we've really & honestly heard no word on what we're going to be doing. after gingerman I'd tend to think we've at the very least shown that we're capable of not being COMPLETELY inept now that there's been sufficient numbers of events in the general area.

Anyone? Jay? Nick? Judges? Track Staff? Inquiring minds want to know smile

This is what the "Summit Point" says we are using !

its NOT the track that SCCA runs

http://www.summitpoint-raceway.com/inde … ;Itemid=22

20 (edited by Doug I 2010-04-26 05:27 AM)

As there are several ways the Shenandoah circuit can be configured the question has been which configuration will we be using.  I've had it confirmed to me, from the top, that we'll be running the full Shenandoah circuit.  I'm guessing that will include the left/right/left kink inside the sweeper on the back straight to nip the edge off the speeds and make sure our brakes work for turn 20.

Whether this information changes between now and raceday is up to Jay and his crew, but for now it's as it is.  I'm looking forward to the Karussel as I've been told it's identical to Nuremberg.  I'll find out in 7 weeks, 4 days & 2 hours

Karussel is quite cool.  Ive heard stories of 3 wide on it, from some NASA races.

A guy I know did launch off the exit into the tire wall, if I recall the story correctly.  This was in an S2000.

The first time I went there was my firts DE.  It looked like a go cart track from the bridge crossing into the infield.

22 (edited by mj71 2010-04-26 12:45 PM)

The Karussel is as fun as it sounds.  There is also a miata shaped paint scrape on the wall near the exit, so prudence will be needed.  I believe it's 1/3 scale of the real Karussel, but same banking.

Fissure Brothers Racing
2010 Capitol Offense Rookies