Re: What can you do with your Lemons car when not racing or working on it?

TheHeckler wrote:

I saw the Team Blue Goose car drive down greenville ave a few minutes ago

That's awesome.

I really need to get our car registered and inspected just for giggles, but I love that our tags are from 2004.

Amateur Welder, Professional Grinder

No seriously, what could go wrong?

I went to the San Diego British Car Day down at Liberty Station a couple weekends ago. Brought the Mr. Bean mini and the minis were parked right near the Rolls Royces. There were 387 really nice cars there. And then ours.

Here was my display of the Lemons mini with all of the blood and guts:  broken blocks, pistons, heads, etc. It actually got a quite a lot of attention throughout the day.

http://hubgarage.s3.amazonaws.com/photos/3544215/DSC04166_detail.JPG

Excellent presentation! I hope we are never in a position to do one as interesting as yours.

29 (edited by Crab Spirits 2010-10-16 09:41 AM)

The guys want to drift ours after we're done. I think that is the worst thing you can do with a SHO drivetrain. A much better option for me is: Abandon in farm field, let raccoons play in it, and never touch it ever again. After a couple years, the rust will resume it's strangle-hold and the "livery" will have a nice patina.

The Charnal House Geo MetSHO: Turning less laps than a regular Metro, the hard way!

1969 Subaru 360

Davis car show tomorrow, last of the season, 5-7 PM, Market Place shopping center. Tinyvette will be there. It would be nice to see the other local Lemons teams there.

Also, I spoke with the event's organizer today and he is very familiar with the anti-car bias/prejudice/hypocrisy of this town and feels the car show is part of the cure.

When you're done with it, park it in a barn. Include instructions in your will for the barn to be sold to a classic car enthusiast 60 years after your death. Laugh maniacally from the afterlife as the Interwebs-analog of the time tries to unearth the series the car was obviously used to compete in. Doubly so when, due to language drift that eliminated the distinction between the 'an' and 'on' sounds, they conclude it competed in Le Mans. Triply so when they restore it and start entering it in historics races.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

This morning's parade though downtown, an annual event, 10,000 visitors. I heard a lot of "What's that?" in the crowds. Some people actually knew.

http://www.kstreetstudio.com/files/dmc/picnicday2011/DSC_0179-1024.JPG

m610,

Being a Davis graduate many, many moons ago, I recognize the Picnic Day Parade any day. So, I checked the parade entrants and I'm confused. Were you representing the Davis Motor Sports Club or the Compost Project (just ahead in the parade of the UC Davis Lactation Class of 2011)? I assume the later since the Opel it is a slowly oxidizing POS.

Dirty Duck Racing, #83 VW Rabbit GTI
'10,'11,12,'13 -Thunderhill, '10,'11,'12,'13,'14 - Buttonwillow, '11,'12,'13,'14 Sears Pointless, '11-Fernley, '13 Sears Even More Pointless-Class B Winner,  '11,'13 Arse-Freeze Sears Point, Return of the LeMonites Miller Motorsports-Class B Winner, '13 A&D Northworst GT-Overall Winner in MT-GT

34 (edited by yodogg 2011-05-04 03:16 PM)

I think we may eventually convert ours to run stage rallies- would love to run the Targa Newfoundland!

RetroRacing-1973 Super! Beetle
Nine Finger Drifters- 1982 te72 Toyota Corolla Wagon (BEAMS PWRD!)
My one man show: G. D. Yo-Man: No! YOU Ams Da A&&hole!
2010 CMP Fall-Judges' Choice, 2014 Barber-DFL and I Got Screwed!, 3X- You Talk Shit Better Than You Race (YTSBTYR) Award, 2017 NCM- IOE (thanks, Speedy!), 2018 Inde-Heroic Fix, 2019 Inde-Winner C Class

yodogg wrote:

I think we may eventually convert ours to run stage rallies- would love to run the Targa Newfoundland!

I had planned on doing that with the Killer ZomBee as well. But then I found out they frown on running through the forest topless.

Pffftt!!

Prudes.

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

Mr. Unruly wrote:

m610,

Being a Davis graduate many, many moons ago, I recognize the Picnic Day Parade any day. So, I checked the parade entrants and I'm confused. Were you representing the Davis Motor Sports Club or the Compost Project (just ahead in the parade of the UC Davis Lactation Class of 2011)? I assume the later since the Opel it is a slowly oxidizing POS.

Yes, Davis Motorsports Club. I wasn't driving. I put a student in it. The Vimeo video shows him in the car.

The car was full of compost when we got it. It took a week to get it all out. I should have donated it to UCD.

Mick25 wrote:

"when not racing or working on it"..... 

I am confused.  There is a time when you are not working on your crapmobile?

we are always working on an old one or haveing great ideas of making new ones. theres only 4 Lemons cars at our shop right now. what to do for the next race.

drive hard or do laps. you decide

I find "sprint" racing with local clubs quite fun!!!!   Just slap on some R comp tires and get out there!!!!

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

Well if you were around Clinton TN this weekend you could have seen the Eagle Racing Talon on the road.

You got to LOVE a state without vehicle safety inspections.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/180982_1595408800909_1106623362_2790134_1337466_n.jpg

I use the.limo for a piss off Your bratty daughter on sweet 16 and tell them That is the limo they get for the.day they cry and real limo shows up minutes later

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

41 (edited by m610 2011-07-22 07:23 PM)

Instructoring - the Tinyvette will be my instructor car at Thunderhill next Friday. Mostly ride-alongs and lead-follows. My student has never driven at a track before, never auto-crossed, and never street raced (he says). I am sure he'll enjoy the ride. If he doesn't scream, pee, or puke, he just may be Lemons material.

California Automobile Museum, September.

Fortunately we brought the car home from Thunderhill with only minor suspension damage and a near dead tranny. Easily fixed, then add some Windex and a roll of paper towels and the car was ready for it's CAM debut. wink

http://www.kstreetstudio.com/files/tinyvette/cam2011/DSC_0023-crop-1024.jpg
First car installed.

http://www.kstreetstudio.com/files/tinyvette/cam2011/DSC_0093-1024.jpg
The race cars are at one end. That dragster runs in the 7's.

http://www.kstreetstudio.com/files/tinyvette/cam2011/DSC_0043-1024.jpg
Gil's gorgeous Conrero tribute car.

The IOE!
http://www.kstreetstudio.com/files/tinyvette/cam2011/DSC_0107-1024-IOE.jpg

More pics on our Facebook page.

Our exhibit is a car club thing. And Lemons is a car club right? So maybe this winter, when the Wundercar (main) exhibit is getting boring, the WTF exhibit can move in.  I'd love to see the Faster Farms car in there, next to the mini and moke, and what ever the space shuttle car is dressed up as at the time.