Re: Thunderhill Track Map

PIT IN
Adding a tire wall at the end of the back straight for pit entry is NOT a good idea.  What I wanted to say was a little heads up, signaling and planning for cars exiting the track as well as the cars racing will make Turn 14 much more enjoyable.
Jim
OldFART

The racing is much more fun on longer tracks without chicanes.  The only way that chicanes increase safety is that a larger portion of the race is run under yellow due to the tire barriers always needing work.  Temporary chicanes suck and that's why Jay got rid of them.

Cars, cameras, and easy living...

Judge Jonny wrote:

Judge Eye View = all of you fit into one of two categories: the semi-talented and the semi-untalented.

Chicanes = X amount of black flags caused by one semi-talented driver dive-bombing several semi-untalented drivers into the small opening.

No Chicanes = the exact same amount of black flags racked up by the semi-talented and semi-untalented amongst you as your new found on-track freedom enables you to run off the track and lose control of your crap cans at speeds never before possible.

Conclusion: makes no difference to us.

I hear you on the black flags as we racked up plenty at BW. Another concern is full course yellow flags. T-hill 08 was probably green for 2/3rds of the race, while BW was around 9/10ths or more.

To note; Chicanes change the track speeds to average 30mph or even some stop an go like the 405 in rush hour (here in LA). BW for full course yellow flags you actually had to apply the brakes on entry of some of the turns. Swift though safe.

Chicanes change the tempo, concentration and fun. We vote NO on referendum chicane.

}:-)> Manos
The Faustest Team

Gembesties Racing
FB.me/gembesties
Denver/Sacremento

Looks like full-course T-hill! (Jay's 9/12 announcement) I am really looking forward to this one...

2x Volvo PV544 (RIP '63) B20 power!
2007/2012/2013 Driver's Championship (what was I thinking!?) 143 races and counting.
2/25/24

Yay! Full course!

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports