Re: Car 39 (Canadian Honda Civic) got totally hosed by the Judges!!!

bongle wrote:
RobL wrote:

bongle, I was showing that whoever was in the car at the time did give me room.

Oh ok, the rest of your comment about noobiness primed me to defend.

I don't think that 39 was being too aggressive whenever I watched, which is why I'm curious about what time TerrH, NDGeist, and SMSRacing's incidents occurred at.

I know that whenever they passed me, they didn't do it in an annoying manner, but obviously I'm a bad observer because they might be treating me (who they know) in a different manner than the other cars (who they don't know) on track.

I thought they were more than averagely aggressive and probably didn't give the less experienced or slower cars enough room (I'm probably guilty of that too). I think practically every autocrosser going road racing overdoes it at first, but it wasn't a big deal for me; I found the plain-jane white civic to be much more unpredictable, and therefore a bigger hazard both to pass and for folks to be passed by.

"Don't mess with Lexas!" LS400. We survived another one! See website link for build details.
Maker of the "unofficial Lemons fish!" - If you ask nice, I'll likely give you one at the track.

EBudman wrote:
RobL wrote:

Here is one pass I made of them.  I have no doubt that one/several of thier drivers were noobs... 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEP8L4USF-c

"ON THE SOAPBOX"

Note to some:

Notice how Rob's headlights hit the taillights & back bumper of the cars in front of him?!  If your headlights are hitting the guys HELMET & windshield..... please RE-AIM them... because they suck!  (If they bounce alot... that's even more effective)  Mounting them near the side mirrors or on the roof... seriously?  Nelson is rough, but it's not Baja by a long shot....

Eric

"RANT OVER..."

seriously.  there were some awfully-aimed lights out there.

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11

OMG, yes on the poorly aimed HLs. On friday night, it was horrible.

Captainess: #88 Scirocket Racing - Did someone say Pikachu?

29 (edited by RobL 2009-10-05 10:59 AM)

atomicalex wrote:

OMG, yes on the poorly aimed HLs. On friday night, it was horrible.

Friday night was supposed to be for aiming and such, we expected there to be some misalignment.  But it seemed like only 50% of the teams took thier car to a level area and preaimed thier headlights. 

Friday night was horrible for those of us who only wanted to learn the track.  Also, we would like to thank the A-Holes that were using it for qualifying.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

bongle wrote:
RobL wrote:

Here is one pass I made of them.  I have no doubt that one/several of thier drivers were noobs... 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEP8L4USF-c

(I did organizing for #39 and #571, drove for #571)

Did they do anything wrong in that video?  It looks like they gave you space to make your pass.  I barely heard a bang, but since you could see the entire side of #39 in your wink mirror, it didn't seem like they contacted you.

As for their drivers being noobs:
3 are solo-1 drivers (2 in a civic, 1 in a corvette), and are all currently top-6 in solo sprint in ontario.  I know that doesn't mean they have wheel-to-wheel experience, I'm just saying their backgrounds.
1 has a lot of circle track experience, and also does solosprint (he was driving at the time of the penalty)
1 did Lemons last year
1 did a lot of formula SAE and has some track experience (based on the duskiness of that video, he was probably driving for that pass)

I ran a camera for most of one of their shifts and it looked like the driver was being fairly mild.  The only iffy spot I saw while watching was when #39 went for a pass just as the #28 supra dove into the same spot, and #39 gave him the position.

Of course! Look at what pros they are -- all the more reason for us to unfairly, totally hose them!

Also, I notice that none do any volunteer fire fighter work.

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

I'm unsure of what time our incident happened.  I know it was daytime still but I remember driving the car again at dusk?  so I'm thinking not later than 5PM saturday.

If they're not noobs they sure act like 'em.  Solo 1 skill doesn't transfer into wheel to wheel I guess.    I agree with Jonny in that if they knew what they were doing than that makes it even worse.   Hitting people intentionally is fine in a demo derby, but not on track.

Thanks for posting our stories Johnny. No doubt our entire team was pissing steam for 7 hours while we twiddled our thumbs. We would have gladly changed every hondas head gasket during that time rather than park til dawn.

I'm not surprised with the posts in this thread. I went a bit maniacal in my last stint during the last 3 hours of the race and for sure pissed off more than a few people while driving through the traffic jams. But at that point it didn't matter because apparently the first 13 hours incident free didn't matter either.

Thanks for the defense bongle but I don't think any of the yanks on this forum know what solo 1 and solosprints is in Canada. It's equivalent to TT.

33 (edited by bsclywilly 2009-10-05 03:02 PM)

What car were you driving Terr?

edit: Terrh of Windsor. I'm guessing the red/white Sebring then. Yeah, our driver thought you were hitting us intentionally too after the second time...

Not the car in question but I wonder if these guys used the "Got Punted" excuse?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHbeNWyniwo

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

hahahaha nice drivin LOL

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

bsclywilly wrote:

I went a bit maniacal in my last stint during the last 3 hours of the race and for sure pissed off more than a few people while driving through the traffic jams. But at that point it didn't matter because apparently the first 13 hours incident free didn't matter either.

Yeah!  That's the spirit!  I think I got hosed, so I'll take it out on the 70 other teams on the track who didn't have anything to do with my supposed hosing.  Cry me a fucking river.

On the Camaro video, can anyone explain why teams do that?  It's a friggin endurance race.  Chances are that the car you're blocking isn't within 30 spots of you in the standings and all you're doing is pissing off other drivers and increasing your likelihood of getting the curse.  My only contact in the entire race (impressive considering how much of a bashfest CMP was in the last hour and a half) came from an Integra that held me back for 4 laps.  I finally had an opening going into the final left hander and he came over hard into the right front of my car.  While sitting out my penalty for speeding in the pits, he came over to find out who the guy was that hit him.  He was just minding his business, driving clean and out of nowhere BAM!  puhleeese.  Give up the line and learn something from the faster car.

Mod Squad Racing
http://twosrus.com

Your first 13 hours were far from incident free.TWENTY BLAG FLAGS IS NOT INCIDENT FREE.

38 (edited by bongle 2009-10-05 03:58 PM)

Terrh wrote:

Your first 13 hours were far from incident free.TWENTY BLAG FLAGS IS NOT INCIDENT FREE.

They didn't get 20 black flags.  They got zero in the first 13 hours.  When Jonny said "missed 20 black flags", he meant the car passed the black flag station 20 times without coming in while they were trying to call the car in for a single incident. Which is still severe, but not as severe as causing 20 separate incidents and ignoring all the flags for those.  I'm pretty sure they'd red flag the race and physically remove you from the car if you caused 20 incidents and didn't stop.

Car to Pit telemetry (OBD2, GPS, and analog inputs) with little more than a phone, router, and laptop.  It's not MacGuyver, it's WifiLapper (forum | facebook)

ahh

well still, even one incident is not zero.