Re: I think I have a problem

Ain't it the truth...  I am an idiot about jumping in with both feet and no brain.. Started Autox 3 years ago, and ended up the Solo Chair after 5 races... still doing that...

One of my teammates mentioned Lemons and we found a 323 GTX and it was all over...   we ended up not getting the GTX, but it was STILL all over...

Now I have to wade through another 10-15 Solo Events till next Lamest Day, and worry about CMP conflicting with my schedule... arrggghhhh...

We are all sick.......  just so sick...... but the treatment is oh so good...........

Now I find myself looking at Chumpcar and thinking about trying to get Bluegrass Motorsports park to let me organize some sort of crapcan race there, just so we can do it MORE..

HEY....hmmmm....  what does it take to get Jay and co. to consider another track?   Right now, BMP is doing so badly they might consider a Lemons race next season....... hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Owner: Stanford Motorsports (sounds better than it is!)
Lamest Day entry:  Team EAU RUDE  silver/red NON-CHEATING Sentra SE-R #40  (Crew Chief, Large Fat Bald Guy with white Mutton Chop sideburns)
Other nonsense:  Solo Director, Cincy SCCA, Board of Directors, Cincy SCCA

davisriley wrote:

He's a big kid, I'll find one.  He wants to try cadet karts next year.  Wife may make him wait another year or so.

The karts are a great idea...by the time he's 7 he'll be hooked too and you'll have your wife surrounded...

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

jimeditorial wrote:
davisriley wrote:

He's a big kid, I'll find one.  He wants to try cadet karts next year.  Wife may make him wait another year or so.

The karts are a great idea...by the time he's 7 he'll be hooked too and you'll have your wife surrounded...

He's hooked now.  He already knows the fast line around the house with his push car.  With all the doors open the house is a big circle, and he is at sub 9 second laps.  And yes, he makes me time him.  Of course, with his current love of farm implements, he may go the racing lawnmower route, but you never know.

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

Ahhhh Doctor.  I too have this strange affliction.  Do you think it's contagious?

-- John Robertson / Schumacher Taxi Service

Know more about a Craptation, coROLLa and BMW than I ever wanted to!
Stafford 08, CMP Spring/Fall 09, Stafford 09, Nelson Ledges 09, CMP Winter 10, VIR Chump 10, IOE Winning Craptation CMP Spring 2010, and lots more

SMSRACING wrote:

Now I find myself looking at Chumpcar and thinking about trying to get Bluegrass Motorsports park to let me organize some sort of crapcan race there, just so we can do it MORE..

HEY....hmmmm....  what does it take to get Jay and co. to consider another track?   Right now, BMP is doing so badly they might consider a Lemons race next season....... hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I had briefly talked with some people about another race around Houston.  Invite the Lemons cars along with maybe some SCCA and NASA cars.

Then Chump popped up, and claimed Lemons was done expanding.  Now Jay says they will have about twice as many races in 2010. 

So we'll just have to wait and see the options of 2010 but it looks like it's gonna be full.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

Troy wrote:

Invite the Lemons cars along with maybe some SCCA and NASA cars.

And pigs will fly like a bird if I wish and wish and wish... I ain't saying it won't happen, but, I would suspect that most of those other guy's won't get the Lemons spirit at all.

Everything was fine after they got the fire put out.

Spud wrote:

I had a girlfriend ask me once 'which do you like better, racing or sex?' 

My reply ...... 'I know which one lasts longer!!'

We broke up shortly after that. Oh well.

24 Hours seems like a perfect length of time to me!

Spud

So you're saying she didn't know it was sex right? I mean, we ARE racing crapcans. It's like a wet dream come true except you have ED and she can't stop laughing...

E-Speed wrote:
Troy wrote:

Invite the Lemons cars along with maybe some SCCA and NASA cars.

And pigs will fly like a bird if I wish and wish and wish... I ain't saying it won't happen, but, I would suspect that most of those other guy's won't get the Lemons spirit at all.

Lots of guys in the Houston races are from SCCA & NASA, Porsche Club too. 

How's this for a Lemons motto:

"Lemons: half the speed of NASCAR, twice the fun!"

Sure it's probably more like a 1/4-1/3 the speed of NASCAR and maybe even more than twice as fun but you get the point.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

Loren wrote:
ronman wrote:
Loren wrote:

I didn't know you came up from Orlando, Ron.  Anybody else besides us make the trip?

I don't think there were any other Floridians who made it up. I picked up a buddy in Charleston, SC on the way up...

I have to admit that towing a $500 "race car" 1200 miles for a 24-hour race had us all scratching our heads on the way up.  But, come race day, it all made sense!

Of course, on the way home (especially while waiting 6 hours for roadside RV tire repair), we were back to wondering why we were there again.

Hey, Rob... just think how many Lemons races you could afford to do if you sold your Boxster!  You know, you can race without being a part of a "team", too, right?  Just pick a race that you want to do, and post your "resume" in the HR section.  $500-700 + an airplane ticket will usually get you in a race!

The addiction is a bad thing but,  a short run of 1200 miles to race 24 hours is a drop in the bucket to one of our teams other addictions..  One Lap of America.  http://www.onelapofamerica.com  We have covered 7200 miles in 9 days to get less than 2 hours of race time.   

The amount of on track time for the money and effort are awesome with Jay but Brock sells one mighty addictive drug!    I'm getting withdrawl symptoms just thinking about it;  maybe a HPDE will get me through.

Aye, One Lap is fun, too.  But, for what it costs to do One Lap (and get the 2 hours of seat time you mentioned), I can do THREE Lemons races.  The experience is different, of course, and I think everyone should do One Lap at least once.

Try doing One Lap from Florida!  It adds about 3 days and 2400 miles to the adventure!

Lemons South 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Spring 2009 - Fail, Lemons Detroit(ish) 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Fall 2009 - Fail, Lamest Day 2009 - Fail, Miami 2010 (Chump) - 2nd!, Sebring 2010 (Chump) - Fail, Cuba 2010 - Crew Chief, Roebling 2011 (Chump) - 8th!, Sebring 2011(Chump) - 19th!

We put on an Autocross for One Lap this year in Cincinnati..  it was AWESOME...

I am dying to try ChumpCar too

Owner: Stanford Motorsports (sounds better than it is!)
Lamest Day entry:  Team EAU RUDE  silver/red NON-CHEATING Sentra SE-R #40  (Crew Chief, Large Fat Bald Guy with white Mutton Chop sideburns)
Other nonsense:  Solo Director, Cincy SCCA, Board of Directors, Cincy SCCA

I'd give numerous body parts to do One Lap, but I don't have that kinda $krilla...

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

Loren wrote:

Aye, One Lap is fun, too.  But, for what it costs to do One Lap (and get the 2 hours of seat time you mentioned), I can do THREE Lemons races.  The experience is different, of course, and I think everyone should do One Lap at least once.

Try doing One Lap from Florida!  It adds about 3 days and 2400 miles to the adventure!

All three years,  1999, 2000 and 2007 we started from Jacksonville, Fl.  It adds at least 2400 miles if not more.  In 2000 we broke the car on the way to the start that was the year we ran 1800 miles with nothing but headers on a 350 and then broke the tranny in michigan. 

It is a wonderful event but yes,  the cost can cover an entire season of Lemons.   If you ever win the lottery it is an event you have to try.