Re: Sponsors? How to get them, who sponsors this, etc.

Troy wrote:
Mulry wrote:
trekkor wrote:

I just worked a deal with a Bay Area car dealership.
We'll run their name on the car for as long as we have it in exchange for our vinyl graphics needs!

That raises an interesting idea. I wonder if I went to local area Toyota dealers and told them that unless they pay me off, I'll run their dealership name on our MR2. Then when it breaks down, everyone will think "Toyota of Plano" or whatever.  Maybe turning this "legendary Toyota reliability" thing on its head could become a profit deal. Kind of like protection money, only in reverse. Hmm.

Sounds kind of Blackmail-ish and potentially very effective!

Try it and see how it works for you... from what I have heard they will give you a spomnsorship just so you stop talking and leave.

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

We (Team Ziptie) got a company to donate the tubing for the roll cage in exchange for logo on car and shirt. We then got Simmons and Fletcher attorneys to give us 250 cash for gas and hotel for logo on car and shirt. We got Autocheck to mount and balance our tires for logo on car. I called a Gojo rep and got a ton of hand cleaner just because Gojo fits well with the dirty nasty cars of Lemons. Its not hard to get a sponsor ship you just have to know the right people and present it in a way they get or understand if you will. My next deal is working on tires since that is one of the most expensive items per race. when you run a 3000+ car you wear the tires out quickly.

Team Zip-tie!
92 Taurus SHO #37

You know those Little Tree air fresheners we use for the Chemical Ali penalty? Car-Freshner Corporation gives us those, as a crypto-sponsorship of the Lemons Supreme Court.