1 (edited by cdickman12 2013-05-21 07:19 PM)

Topic: Crown Vic roll call

So I was wondering, who here is still racing a Crown Vic?

We have been racing our Crown Vic for three years now. It seems they used to be a very common sight at the race, like 4 or 5ish on the West coast each time we attended. Now it seems like the number of P71's on the track is actually a little rare and has dwindled down, like 1 or 2 per race (not like some crazy exotic dictatorship import, but don't see many around).

And for the haters just remember, if I am bigger than you it has always been my apex wink

Edit was bad grammar

'13  Sonoma - Class B Crown Vic, 14 Sonoma IOE - Race Rambler!, Autobahn Class C+IOE #Racevan!, '15 Thill IOE Winner - Omega!, '16 Ridge - IOE - Avanti!, '17 THill Class C Winner - Omega, Butt IOE - Race 411, Sonoma IOE - Aztek '18 Butt - IOE - Allante, MSR - IOE - '41 Olds - '19 Butt-Class C - Allante, '20 Covid, '21 THill-Class B - Omega, Sonoma - IOE and HWG  - Satellite, '22 Sonoma - HWG-Tojan

Re: Crown Vic roll call

cdickman12 wrote:

We have been racing our Crown Vic for three years now. It seems they used to be a very common sight at the race, like 4 or 5ish on the West coast each time we attended. Now it seems like the number of P71's on the track is actually a little rare and has dwindled down, like 1 or 2 per race (not like some crazy exotic dictatorship import, but don't see many around).

And for the haters just remember, if I am bigger than you it has always been my apex wink

Edit was bad grammar

the turbo taxi still rides. prepping for NJMP. However we are a p70 long wheelbase vic, not a p71.

Flying Rat Motorsports- Turbo Taxi, RIP

Plenty of Crown Vics still in Lemons, though not as many as we once had. I always tell wannabe teams to get a P71-- one of the most reliable cars in Lemons, quick enough to be fun, forgiving handling, easy to get parts. I put most of them in Class B.

= I put most of them in Class B.

And we love you for it Phil!

'13  Sonoma - Class B Crown Vic, 14 Sonoma IOE - Race Rambler!, Autobahn Class C+IOE #Racevan!, '15 Thill IOE Winner - Omega!, '16 Ridge - IOE - Avanti!, '17 THill Class C Winner - Omega, Butt IOE - Race 411, Sonoma IOE - Aztek '18 Butt - IOE - Allante, MSR - IOE - '41 Olds - '19 Butt-Class C - Allante, '20 Covid, '21 THill-Class B - Omega, Sonoma - IOE and HWG  - Satellite, '22 Sonoma - HWG-Tojan

olaaf wrote:
cdickman12 wrote:

Edit was bad grammar

the turbo taxi still rides. prepping for NJMP. However we are a p70 long wheelbase vic, not a p71.

And I have turbo envy, trying to come up with some ghetto charging contraption of my own. I want to try some type of MP 90 from the early 2000's from a Mustang or Pontiac. Just need to learn something about tuning now smile

I have a Lemons P71 in the back yard. Currently sans driveline. There are AWFUL plans for it.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

I would say that the Ford 4.6 Modular engine is one of the most reliable Lemons engines, and definitely the most reliable Lemons V8. By a lot.

My Grand Marquis is definitely a possibility for next year some time. That is, if I ever buy a new DD.

9 (edited by EyeMWing 2013-05-29 06:22 PM)

Judge Phil wrote:

I would say that the Ford 4.6 Modular engine is one of the most reliable Lemons engines, and definitely the most reliable Lemons V8. By a lot.

Which is boring. So, which would you rather see:

Supercharged V8 Crown Vic
V10 Crown Vic (Honestly, I don't see any way to get a Ford Truck V10 and stay under budget, even if I buy an entire 3/4 ton van with a trillion miles and sell off every spare bit)
V6 Crown Vic

Because, honestly, I could go any of those directions with this thing still.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

Which is boring. So, which would you rather see:

Supercharged V8 Crown Vic
V10 Crown Vic (Honestly, I don't see any way to get a Ford Truck V10 and stay under budget, even if I buy an entire 3/4 ton van with a trillion miles and sell off every spare bit)
V6 Crown Vic

Because, honestly, I could go any of those directions with this thing still.

V10 vans with 250K plus miles running still show up on CL for under $1000 every once in a while, we thought about this route, but then reconsidered when gas was close to $5.00 a gallon at ARCO in California

Supercharger is what I want, I find some in the $800 range with all the accesories and bracketry every once in a while but am waiting for the Lemons price, I considered buying a supercharged Mustang, swapping our somewhat good motor, or removing all the supercharger stuff, then trying to resell the Mustang for a loss of a few hundred bucks, I see deals that may make this possible come up every once in a while, I just have one problem, a conscience, and would not feel good about doing this to someone.

V6 Ecoboost maybe? That would be cool, boosted and most likely under powered.

I would love to see a V10 Crown Vic. I've seen a few vans with V10s in the junkyard lately, which means they're getting pretty cheap.

Why hasn't anyone put Grand Marquis grille/trunk/taillights/emblems on their P71 Lemons car yet? I've already told a bunch of Crown Vic teams that the cost of Marquis-izing your CV is budget-exempt.

Judge Phil wrote:

I would love to see a V10 Crown Vic. I've seen a few vans with V10s in the junkyard lately, which means they're getting pretty cheap.

Why hasn't anyone put Grand Marquis grille/trunk/taillights/emblems on their P71 Lemons car yet? I've already told a bunch of Crown Vic teams that the cost of Marquis-izing your CV is budget-exempt.

You have told us that and would have got it for Buttonwillow, but we lost two of our team over the off season in Norcal and are just barely able to fund our races, if nothing explodes this summer, I promise you Sears Pointless next year a "100% free of P71" parts Grand Marquis Crown Vic conversion.

I don't need a Grand Marquis with mushy Mercury suspension-- a P71 that looks like a Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition is good enough.

"100% free P71" no plans to rebuild our current P71 ride, just trying to grease the palms of justice by making it look a little different.

Rotary. The unholy retribution for all those bastardized V8 Rx-7's.

I'm sure a rotary full-size 'merican sedan will end up in class C.

K Car Stalker

Hey, don't take out the rotary vengeance on the poor Ford Modular. It's the Chevys that need the horrible Mazda swaps.

Mazda/GM/Holden Roadpacer/HJ Premier/70's Hell already won that race.

http://hh.hansenits.com/assets/images/roadpacer-front-promo.jpg

Captain of Virtuous Authority and Tool Underdevelopment: Escape Velocity Racing
- Ten+ Time Loser
- IOE, Heroic Fix, Class C and Class of 1964
- Heroic Beer Drinker

http://humboldt.craigslist.org/cto/3853973275.html

$500