26 (edited by cdickman12 2013-07-06 09:46 AM)

Re: Late Penalties for driver changes at the track

We have only had to do this 1 time in 11 races, because one of our drivers daughter had an emergency, we always pay within a week of acceptance and would never tell a driver to just show up to the track and pay out of respect to the Lemons HQ and the cluster&^%! of herding everyone. It just sucks that if we do have a last minute change we will get penalized for it now.

'13  Sonoma - Class B Crown Vic, 14 Sonoma IOE - Race Rambler!, Autobahn Class C+IOE #Racevan!, '15 Thill IOE Winner - Omega!, '16 Ridge - IOE - Avanti!, '17 THill Class C Winner - Omega, Butt IOE - Race 411, Sonoma IOE - Aztek '18 Butt - IOE - Allante, MSR - IOE - '41 Olds - '19 Butt-Class C - Allante, '20 Covid, '21 THill-Class B - Omega, Sonoma - IOE and HWG  - Satellite, '22 Sonoma - HWG-Tojan

Re: Late Penalties for driver changes at the track

I think it makes sense to get enough money from a driver to cover the fee as soon as the commit.  As the team captain you're spending money getting the car ready already, right?  So why is it unreasonable to get $100 or even $200, non-refundable, right away?  I always pay my entry fees as soon as I can, and don't think it's even something exceptional.  If someone is unwilling to do so you have to wonder if they're interested in looking or racing.

If I ever had to bow out of a race I wouldn't have any problem losing money on the deal.

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.