Re: Nissan Pickups to get Cummins Diesels, Future of RAM in Peril?

Excursion + 6bt cummins.

/end thread.

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs

Looks like Toyota is toying with the idea of putting this engine in its Tundra - makes sense for Cummins, kinda hurts Nissan

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/09/02/toyo … el-engine/

Pat, I researched diesels for a while, planning on replacing my Vortec 350 powered '99 Burb with a diesel rig. The economics just don't work unless you're doing a lot of towing, and a few races a year + moving relatives isn't enough. Even though the '99 only gets 12mpg, it also only costs $30 for an oil change. Also, go for a 2wd instead of 4wd. The $1500 ball-joint replacement bill sucks. Ask me how I know.

Yeah, it's a pipe dream for me, honestly. I'd rather just put a blower on the Burb. Which I might do this winter...

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

I had a Titan and hated it.  Interior quality was garbage--fell apart after some use.  Suspension was crap, it was stiff, loud, and still sagged horribly when towing.  Went back to a domestic and couldn't be happier.

I rented a '13 Ram v6 this past week.  It's GOOD.  I'd take that with the 3.0 TDI over a Titan with a 2.8 any day.

priapism wrote:

I had a Titan and hated it.  Interior quality was garbage--fell apart after some use.  Suspension was crap, it was stiff, loud, and still sagged horribly when towing.  Went back to a domestic and couldn't be happier.

I rented a '13 Ram v6 this past week.  It's GOOD.  I'd take that with the 3.0 TDI over a Titan with a 2.8 any day.

except hte titan is getting a 5.0 V8 diesel, not the 2.8 4-banger.

The Roto-Racer '89 Merkur:  If it ain't rusting, It ain't racing.

'14 Real Hoopties of NJ: Judges Choice

Drdanteiii wrote:
priapism wrote:

except hte titan is getting a 5.0 V8 diesel, not the 2.8 4-banger.

Whoops, my bad.  But what good is power if you can't load the thing up and carry stuff with it?