Re: 2014 Race schedule

hotdogwater wrote:

Has anyone ever raced in every/all Lemons race in a year?  I know the early years they were all in CA and held just a few races a year but wondering if anyone has done a Lemons "Season" since they expanded?

20-something races.  Many back to back.  Traversing the country.  The only tough parts would be money and finding drivers for every race. 

I'm currently under(un)employed and have the time, RV, race car and trailer.  Now I just need $20+ grand pay for entry fees, another $5K for race car fuel and something like 500 gals of diesel for the RV.

Anton (X-args) has far and away driven the most races this year and ever. Not sure what an accurate count is, but it's probably been at least half of this year's races.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

therood wrote:
hotdogwater wrote:

Has anyone ever raced in every/all Lemons race in a year?  I know the early years they were all in CA and held just a few races a year but wondering if anyone has done a Lemons "Season" since they expanded?

20-something races.  Many back to back.  Traversing the country.  The only tough parts would be money and finding drivers for every race. 

I'm currently under(un)employed and have the time, RV, race car and trailer.  Now I just need $20+ grand pay for entry fees, another $5K for race car fuel and something like 500 gals of diesel for the RV.

Anton (X-args) has far and away driven the most races this year and ever. Not sure what an accurate count is, but it's probably been at least half of this year's races.

MSR was my 42nd Lemons race (2 brand 'C' races at a track that Lemons will never go to)

10 so far this year.

I am lucky to have a job that lets me escape random weekends and a very understanding girlfriend that I've successfully roped into the Lemons world...

Saving for retirement is overrated.

I really like this sort of racing. Lemons is serious fun!
It's the people and the situations just as much as the actual racing.
I can drive a class C car to its limit and not blow it up, and have no problem driving to a pace or a laptime.

It's like a big extended family of every goofy uncle you ever had with project cars that actually WORK, mostly.

Cheers
-Anton

2x Volvo PV544 (RIP '63) B20 power!
2007/2012/2013 Driver's Championship (what was I thinking!?) 144 races and counting.
5/5/24

Here's the 2014 schedule, so far. My apologies if this wasn't supposed to be public for some reason, but if you go to https://registration.24hoursoflemons.com/members/races you can see it yourself (where I pulled this from).

'Shine Country Classic    Feb 01 to Feb 2, 2014    Barber Motorsports Park   
North Dallas Hooptie    Mar 01 to Mar 2, 2014    Eagles Canyon Raceway   
Sears Pointless    Mar 22 to Mar 23, 2014    Sonoma Raceway   
The Cure for Gingervitis    Apr 19 to Apr 20, 2014    Gingerman Raceway   
Southern Discomfort    May 03 to May 4, 2014    Carolina Motorsports Park   
The Real Hoopties of New Jersey    May 10 to May 11, 2014    New Jersey Motorsports Park   
Return of the LeMonites    May 31 to Jun 1, 2014    Miller Motorsports Park   
Button Turrible    Jun 21 to Jun 22, 2014    Buttonwillow Raceway   
The Humidi TT    Jul 05 to Jul 6, 2014    Sebring International Raceway   
Pacific Northworst GP    Jul 19 to Jul 20, 2014    The Ridge Motorsports Park   
Doing Time in Joliet    Jul 26 to Jul 27, 2014    Autobahn Country Club   
There Goes the Neighborhood    Aug 09 to Aug 10, 2014    New Jersey Motorsports Park   
Vodden the Hell Are We Doing?    Sep 13 to Sep 14, 2014    Thunderhill Raceway Park   
Lemons South Fall    Sep 20 to Sep 21, 2014    Carolina Motorsports Park   
Where the Elite Meet to Cheat    Oct 18 to Oct 19, 2014    Gingerman Raceway   
Halloween Hooptiefest    Oct 25 to Oct 26, 2014    New Hampshire Motor Speedway   
Gator-O-Rama    Nov 08 to Nov 9, 2014    MSR Houston   
Arse-Freeze-Apalooza    Dec 06 to Dec 7, 2014    Sonoma Raceway

initial gripes:
-No Road America sad sad sad
-Only 1 Autobahn date / 2 gingerman dates (I'm local to Autobahn)

initial yays!:
-2 gingerman dates
-3 EZ races for me to make
-looks like some new tracks just outside my current area of operations

"THE WONDERMENT CONSORTIUM"
Everything dies baby that's a fact,
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back?

Glad to see Gator-Rama pushed back out of hot/humid as hell months

Triple Nickel Racing/TGTW Offroad   
#20 Border Patrol Cherokee "BPC" 
#22 Pink in the Middle Comanche "Double D"
#24 Green Door Handle Scrapping Corolla

I think we will be aiming for Gator-Rama for our first race.

18 races, same number as this year.

By region

West: (Sonoma, Buttonwillow, The Ridge, Thunderhill, Sonoma) = 5
Midwest: (Gingerman, Miller, Autobahn, Gingerman) = 4
Gulf: (ECR, MSR) = 2
Northeast: (NJMP, NJMP, NHMS) = 3
South: (Barber, Sebring, CMP, CMP) = 4

Miller and Barber are kind of between regions.

Second NJMP replaces second NHMS.
Sebring replaces Monticello.
Miller replaces High Plains.

I'd guess this is all preliminary and will be interested to see if it changes.

Eric Rood
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

in related news, due to my h4d h4x0r sk1llz, Jay should hire me to do the Lemons web stuff. (I know they had a posting a while back, I didnt apply)

also, kinda sad that 24hoursoflemons.com still shows "2012 remaining" schedule tongue

Jay: shoot me a base salary figure and we can start negotiations from there (-: Oh, I don't do graphics... just programming.

"THE WONDERMENT CONSORTIUM"
Everything dies baby that's a fact,
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back?

I'm guessing Road America has another lack luster showing this year probably due to the time of year, and possibly they were pushing Lemons even further back, or maybe they don't want to sign until we prove we don't wreck the place in a couple weeks first.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

I'd love to make it out to Seabring as well.. but that's a long haul from Austin.

2x NJMP rocks! But no more summit point?!

Interceptor Motorsports
351w Foxy T-Bird - Class B Winner!, 440 Bluesmobile - Judges Choice, Org Choice & IOE!, Camero, Fuego Turbo - Heroic Fix & IOE!

111 (edited by therood 2013-10-15 10:31 AM)

Looking at that schedule again and the second Gingerman date is a bit quirky.. "Where the Elite Meet to Cheat" was the CMS '11 race name and doesn't make much sense for a race in Michigan. I wonder if it's a placeholder name.

gtopat wrote:

2x NJMP rocks! But no more summit point?!

Missed that somehow. I wasn't there this year, but the impression I got from this year's race was that the paddock was no longer really accommodating the full Lemons grid.

I'm interested to see who turns out for the race at MMP.

Eric Rood
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

therood wrote:

Missed that somehow. I wasn't there this year, but the impression I got from this year's race was that the paddock was no longer really accommodating the full Lemons

Makes sense. Small paddock and narrow track meant wait list this year

Interceptor Motorsports
351w Foxy T-Bird - Class B Winner!, 440 Bluesmobile - Judges Choice, Org Choice & IOE!, Camero, Fuego Turbo - Heroic Fix & IOE!

BoB wrote:

I'm guessing Road America has another lack luster showing this year probably due to the time of year, and possibly they were pushing Lemons even further back, or maybe they don't want to sign until we prove we don't wreck the place in a couple weeks first.

thought the 2013 RA race was sold out no???

Teamgravy Racing > join us please @ http://www.facebook.com/Teamgravy

IOE winner & 2nd place Class C - North Dallas Hooptie 2013
2nd place Class C - Gator-o-Rama 2013

Pissed about summit.  Really was my favorite race of the year.  There was still over 100 cars, and we all seemed to fit just fine.  Whatever, bitching will not make a damn bit of difference.

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

hotdogwater wrote:
BoB wrote:

Don't know, I don't even know how many cars will be there.  Guess we'll see in a couple weeks.  I know a lot of people were scared off by the word November.

Facebook Page

therood wrote:

18 races, same number as this year.

By region

West: (Sonoma, Buttonwillow, The Ridge, Thunderhill, Sonoma) = 5
Midwest: (Gingerman, Miller, Autobahn, Gingerman) = 4
Gulf: (ECR, MSR) = 2
Northeast: (NJMP, NJMP, NHMS) = 3
South: (Barber, Sebring, CMP, CMP) = 4

Miller and Barber are kind of between regions.

Second NJMP replaces second NHMS.
Sebring replaces Monticello.
Miller replaces High Plains.

I'd guess this is all preliminary and will be interested to see if it changes.

Miller Motorsports Park is in Utah which is far closer to the left coast than anywhere that would be considered the Midwest. Make that 3 races for the Midwest (plus Road America hopefully and a second Autobahn).

Bacon, oh bacon
Bacon, bacon, oh bacon
Love in five letters

The issue with a 4th midwest race is how they are spread out.  the July autobahn race makes it tight to stick a 4th race in.  If autobahn was june then you could stick an august race in the midwest and still give plenty of time between races.

Facebook Page

Very sad, the North East area goes from 5 races to 3 with losing Monticello and Summit Point....

I hope they find a way to add something else.

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners

hotdogwater wrote:

Last time I check the available car numbers I came up with a car count in the 60's.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

RogueLeader wrote:

Very sad, the North East area goes from 5 races to 3 with losing Monticello and Summit Point....

I hope they find a way to add something else.

It's honestly 1 or 2 for us.... NJ is a long haul, and requires i take off way more time from work that I'd like. Really sad that NH in May is gone. Please bring that back.

I'll haul to NJ once, not sure i can get my team to do it twice in a year.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

this makes my plans for next year a hell of a lot easier.

dead rabbit society: cultured 'n shit.

Tim_ wrote:
therood wrote:
Tim_ wrote:

I was told by an unreliable source that Lemons will not be returning to Summit Point in 2014. Can anyone confirm this?

Interesting. I thought the Lemons/HyperFest doubleheader was becoming a staple at Summit.

Me too, which is why I mentioned my 'source' was unreliable - that being a random guy on the Chump forum who PMd me and said that Chump is getting the spot next year on the date w/Hyperfest. I haven't seen anything that would confirm that anywhere though.

Eric Rood
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Summit is SO damn much fun!  One of the other Summit tracks would be a blast, and (although it didn't seem like too much of an issue) the other paddocks are much bigger than Shenandoah.    I wonder whether NJMP will be one on Lightning and one on Thunderbolt.

Rally Baby 87 Audi 4KQ, Audi 90 Quattro Coupe, 1975 Mercedes R107, 87 E30s, E36s, the Whorenet, Rocco...
J. Phil: "Audis Never Win".  He might be right.But!, the K Dominates 2013 NJ and NH (not, but...). 
Stafford 2011 podium, 2nd NJMP 2013, Summit Point 2012 "WV ASSimilation award"
NJMP 2012 Organizer's Choice - R107, 2013 Monticello IOE Whorenet ! Organizers, CMP fall 2013 w/NSF

Aw, man. Miller is on my "want to drive" list. Please be on the way to my HS reunion. Please be on the way to my HS reunion. Please, please, please be on the way to my HS reunion...

Only two Texas races, though = sad

Sebring!!!!! And 4th of July weekend at that! Paaaaaaaaarrrrrrtyyyyyyyyy!!!!!

Ahem, um, I mean, I'm sure a sober, wholesome, and above all, patriotic time will be had by all. Yes.

(party!)

RetroRacing-1973 Super! Beetle
Nine Finger Drifters- 1982 te72 Toyota Corolla Wagon (BEAMS PWRD!)
My one man show: G. D. Yo-Man: No! YOU Ams Da A&&hole!
2010 CMP Fall-Judges' Choice, 2014 Barber-DFL and I Got Screwed!, 3X- You Talk Shit Better Than You Race (YTSBTYR) Award, 2017 NCM- IOE (thanks, Speedy!), 2018 Inde-Heroic Fix, 2019 Inde-Winner C Class