Re: Ever lost the heart to Lemonize a car?

Team Sensory Assault wrote:

That BMW wouldn't move an inch if I had that bitchin Mont to pimp in.

Eh, its fun for sure, but you are constantly getting the eye from cops, they WANT to pull you over. Plus, things like heat, a/c, and not smelling like you have been trying to kill yourself in the garage with the door closed and the car running when you get to work is pretty handy.

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs

Mulry wrote:

In the reverse spirit of this thread, I'm about to put antique plates on the SIMCA. Mainly so we can take it up to Cars & Coffee at the end of the month, but also for the occasional test drive. There is the possibility that I will drive it to work one day and flip out everybody else who parks in the lot at my office. I need to set up a video camera before I do that I guess. smile

I really want to do this with the Porschelump. Because concours. And not Concours d'Lemons. Concours d'WTF IS THAT

Mwahahahahaaaaaa.

Omnilith wrote:

I have a little of the reverse.

I love my Scamp so much that I want a clean Rampage/Scamp for a daily driver.

Don't tell my fiancee. She said six cars is my limit.

Just get better at hiding them. The 190D was #15. 16 and 17 are probably gonna be here soon.

Idle Clatter Racing: 1979 Mercedes 300SD Delivery Spaceship,  "Not all ideas are good."
Fall 2013 CMP I.O.E.
Shine Country Classic 2014 and Southern Discomfort: Showed Up; Didn't Blowed Up
Humidi TT: DOMINATION. Barber 2015: "Least Southern Pickup Truck"

I got a 2003 MINI Cooper S  with Koni coilvers, supercharger reduction pulley, 6 speed, uprated swaybars, poly bushings for dirt cheap. had 163K miles on it. My wife Daily Drove it after I used a timesert to repair the head while it was still installed (had blown out a sparkplug and was running on 3 cyls when I got it) . It ended up being "too rough" of a ride for her after about 6 months so we sold it for $6000 over what I had invested in it and she bought a new car.

About a month later, I picked up a 2005 MINI Cooper (non-S) with 68K original miles that the owner was told needed a new engine (by the stealership) She had ever friggin receipt for every bit of suggested maintenance (that wasn't covered by the full factory warranty-- like replacing all of the coolant lines at 30K miles for $2000) and she was sooooooo let down by the car that she was literally crushed. It looked showroom new. Got it for Lemons money. Let a fellow LeMoneer buy it from me for what I paid plus some tires, he put in a new oil sending unit and the car is still being daily driven today. I think he's had to replace the clutch once, too, because he gave it to his fiance who had never driven stick before.

IgnoranteWest wrote:
mechimike wrote:

I bought a '64 Volvo 122 for $350 bucks about a year ago.  It's a one owner car, with only 67,000 miles, and is complete, not terribly rusty, and driveable.  Unfortunately, it has no title, and it's a 4 door, which is the least valuable of the 122s.  I hate to Lemonize it, but I don't see many other options for the car.

Ride Dirty.  "I'm on my way to the tax assessors office right now to get plates, occifer."

I have another 4 door driver with a clean title...

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

ICAustinMiniMan wrote:
Omnilith wrote:

I have a little of the reverse.

I love my Scamp so much that I want a clean Rampage/Scamp for a daily driver.

Don't tell my fiancee. She said six cars is my limit.

Just get better at hiding them. The 190D was #15. 16 and 17 are probably gonna be here soon.

The trick is, see, most people get all anal retentive when they start accumulating cars, and like to line them all up next to each other in a neat row.  After 4 or 5 cars, though, the row starts getting pretty long, and your wife, your family, the neighbors, and code enforcement start to notice.  No, see, the trick to amassing an unusually large car collection is to start sprinkling them randomly about the property.  It helps to have at least 2 acres to do this properly.  Hide a couple behind the barn, a few by the house, one or two out by the dog's run, maybe one by the street with a half-hearted "For Sale" sign on it, and a couple in the woods with covers on them.  Pretty soon you've got 2 or 3 dozen cars stashed away, and nobody's the wiser.  Heck, you might even start to forget about them yourself!

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

I got a '75 2002 for $300 that is a little rough, but runs/drives perfectly and has a title. I wouldn't mind getting rid of the big bumpers and fixing it up. My daughter loves it; maybe we'll fix it up together when she's driving age in a couple of years.

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

I'm debating whether or not to Lemons race this Olds...
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2812/10679195023_f726acee33.jpg

1990 Trofeo 3800/4T60-E (Future Racer?)