Re: Turn 12? Naaa, just go 4 wheels off!

Speedycop wrote:

Where did that car finish? When I saw it, I thought IOE winner. I forgot how much Jay likes old Vee-dubs...

Starsky & The Bandit finished 94th. I think IOE would have been theirs, had they finished in the top half. Well, actually, team captain Bill is a friend of Jay, and FOJs get hosed at Lemons. You're better off being some dude Jay doesn't recognize.

Shows that Jay has character (who knew?). big_smile

It's a sweet car, though.

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

Now I feel like a sucker for not taking the express lane! I had such a fear of a black flag that I was just using the drop-into-second-and-try-to-out-drag-people approach from 11 through 13.  Every time I saw someone go straight through it, I would think, "Oh, they're gonna get it!"

-Kyle
Eyesore Racing
"That's probably wrong, but it's worth a shot."

trekkor wrote:

I think some in-car video is in order.

Who'll post first?

KT

Here's some good footage of Pandamonium:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7JqQ2GMzC0

At the Saturday driver's meeting for rookies at Lemons Jay was asked if the rumble strips and outside pavement on corner 12 and 14 were considered off track. He said if it is paved it is on track.

What more would you need to know!

31 (edited by laz 2009-11-26 10:23 PM)

POSRacing wrote:

Here's some good footage of Pandamonium:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7JqQ2GMzC0

That's not me driving, but it does show the gap that the fast path builds vs your car taking the slow line.

I'm guessing the stay off the paint guys are SCCA racers, since SCCA enforces the paint? Or maybe just habitual "rule followers" who didn't know what the rules were?

To finish first, first you must finish. -Rick Mears
Pandamonium Racing