Re: Building a 240sx- Couple of questions

If you're dealing with a bunch of your tuner buddies for these transactions and the car ends up smelling strongly of Cheatonium-137 isotopes (yeah, yeah, I know, you'll be totally legit), we'll want to see printouts of all the online negotiations plus photographs of money and parts changing hands (in the case of in-person sales) and printouts of PayPal/Western Union/etc documentation (in the case of parts shipped).

That's if you're "selling" "$900" worth of parts "off the car" and buying a bunch of "used" and/or "just lying around the shop" high-zoot suspension parts with your "windfall." If you'll be claiming you got a couple hundred bucks for the interior and trim and you bought a new timing belt and some junkyard struts, you'll be able to breeze through BS with minimal sweatage. See how it works?

27 (edited by lbreevesii 2009-12-06 01:32 PM)

Yup!  just making sure I don't need to go off and start hitting up kinkos for bills of sale...

We plan to keep as legit as possible. I'm getting pretty damn decent money out of the interior of this crapbox.  Its got an uncracked dash and decent if dirty plastics that people seem to want.  I'm looking at 40 + shipping for the headliner alone, and 75 + shipping for a bunch of plastic.  I'll document everything.  Hopefully you fine honorable gents with temporary jake-leg induced blindness and paralysis will look favorably upon us. 

The only bit of shinyness that will be on this car will hopefully be springs and struts from one of the many silly ricers upgrading their 15 year old car to coil overs from the new kyb's and sportlines their daddy bought them. 

side note-  can I/how can I offer my worthless flesh to help you guys out at southern discomfort?

ps-  just killing 8 minutes of my life watching your nova vid on jalopnik.  Quite a
little time capsule!

i just want to vouch for two things:

uncracked dashes/unscratched ripped interiors on these things will bring about 300-400 bux easy, the uncracked dash is at least one benjamin.

the above post, #27, is some of the BEST brown-nosing i've seen on the forum in a while.

keep up the good work.

Mike Peters
Former rotary brat pioneer.
3.17.08 Jalopnik Hoon of the day.  #hasbeen
1984 Dodge Rampage, A few SHO engines, a Mustang 8.8, and a lot of hot glue going on now.

lbreevesii wrote:

can I/how can I offer my worthless flesh to help you guys out at southern discomfort?

You can think up a cruel new penalty for us to use on bad drivers and provide all the props for said penalty. We can always use new penalties.

:tup  Can do.  I'll let ya know what I come up with.