Re: anyone camping at Feb. CMP race?

bob-e wrote:

How far is Camden?  I saw that hotel on the list.  Might have to stay there too.

Camden is about 15 miles or so.  Kershaw is closer, but the hotel there has been know to have security issues.  Hell, even the waitress at the local restaurant told us not to stay there if we wanted to keep our stuff.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

We're camping; it shouldn't be too bad out there. We may have a pop-up trailer, or maybe not, but a pop-up tent and a couple of blankets are all that I really need.

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

cpmskinny wrote:

A car freezing mid-race?  What are you guys talking about?  The water that is cooling the internal cylinders of your engine is exposed to 500+ deg F heat.  Nowhere near 32 degrees.  This isn't the frozen Tundra here, it's just SC.

again, not trying to argue with anyone.  just passing along some information i received from a source i trust.

bob-e,  not that i would ever talk smack, but good luck with that one.  smile

BTW, Grim Reaper stayed at "The Executioner" Inn and said it wasn't so bad.  personally i prefer Camden.

whatever it was i didn't do it
dorifto dogs E30 - gone but not forgotten

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

soldmystang wrote:

bob-e,  not that i would ever talk smack, but good luck with that one.  smile

huh?

AVOID KERSHAW!!!!!

Stay in Camden...

Owner #132 Lancia/Toyota Beta/MR2 Scorpion

bob-e wrote:

I'll wave while I'm blowing by your car.

this.  tongue

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

soldmystang wrote:
bob-e wrote:

this.  tongue

oh.  I guess the sarcasm didn't translate and you didn't quote the part where I said "If you're worried about freezing, then cover your radiator" THEN "I'll wave while I'm blowing by your car."  I'm definitely not gonna be "blowing by" any e30s sad  We were spoiled by the big power SVX.

bob-e wrote:
soldmystang wrote:
bob-e wrote:

this.  tongue

oh.  I guess the sarcasm didn't translate and you didn't quote the part where I said "If you're worried about freezing, then cover your radiator" THEN "I'll wave while I'm blowing by your car."  I'm definitely not gonna be "blowing by" any e30s sad  We were spoiled by the big power SVX.

just yanking your chain there big guy. smile

BTW, the scoobie was way cool.  sorry you had to retire it.

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

soldmystang wrote:

BTW, the scoobie was way cool.  sorry you had to retire it.

you haven't seen the last of the SVX smile

lol :rofl: :nowayinhellwilllaneeverorderpartstofinishsvx.org.net:

I could see it surviving with a manual tranny swap.  Or with a truly impressive tranny cooler maybe.

37 (edited by theallpowerfulme 2009-12-06 10:26 PM)

It has been a manual (out of an Impreza) since New Orleans '09. The parts needed now are an unobtanium (good- not busted) radiator (we finished the fall cmp race using a ford ranger radiator), and water pump (budget busting $$$). Then there are clutch issues (of a hydraulic nature).

38 (edited by Speedycop 2009-12-07 08:47 AM)

Given your track record, no way you are getting BS laps, especially not for such non-performance-enhancing purchases.

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

I'm staying at the Executive (Executioner) Hotel in Kershaw.  I just hate the long drives.  But thanks for the forewarning, I'll leave nothing of value in my car at night nor in the room when I head to CMP.

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

Good luck to all of you brave souls who will be camping there!

"Sharp as Bear Claws and Slicker Than Goose Shit"
Lab Rats Motorsports
1990 VW Jetta
Charlotte, NC