Re: PATRIOTIC DUTY

RWDERD wrote:

I'M SURE JAY AND NICK GET ON HERE FROM TIME TO TIME.  THUS   THIS WOULD BE MY REQUEST TO THEM AS WELL AS TO ANYBODY ELSE.   I DID NOT WANT TO BOTHER THEM DIRECTLY.

You're better off emailing Jay directly to ask about this- he doesn't have time to read the forums.

Also, please turn off the CAPS LOCK.

Please....   My head hurts.

The Cannonball Bandits | Facebook Fan Page | Unununium Medal Winners 2010
3X Organizer's Choice Winner 2010 - Sears Pointless, Goin' For Broken, Arse Sweat-A-Palooza
1X Organizer's Choice Winner 2011 - Arse Sweat-A-Palooza

use all lowercase if ya have to. Only sLiGhtLy LeSs AnOyInG tHaN tHiS CrAp. Even Canadians know better. Eh.

http://www.officebroker.com/images/articles/Netiquette.jpg

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

29 (edited by RWDERD 2009-12-11 08:48 AM)

OK   for Murilee and Sparky (we have a canadian on our team)  I will shut off the caps.
Thanks Murilee  I will cantact Jay and Nick directly.
And for the real racers out there that have e-mailed me with your support  THANK YOU so much.
I still do not know if we can get them  ready and in the race  But if feel compelled to try..
You see  for those of you that say I should wait or feel compelled to give  financial advice.
Here is a news flash for you.  Not all of the men and women that serve this country, Return from their Deployment.   The High School that my son attended has had 5 of it's former students were killed during this war.   Two of which were brothers (you  probably heard about it on the national news) two had been best friends since elem. school.    He did not join because he had no other choices  He had nothing but choilces.   And I choose to do what I can for Him and others in the military. 
I will probably not drive in Lemons anymore.  Due to positive e-mails I have recieved   I have decided to direct my efforts into supplying a car at nearby tracks for the military.   I'm still working out how to choose the drivers for the events  but much unlike the unclassy words of  DRC                "The guilt trip that we owe soldiers anything other than our respect, is pretty low"
I feel like I owe them way more.   By the way  your whole  post shows that you have none.  jmo
So for those that would like to help in this kind of new direction along with the original   please feel free to contact me.  Your help is greatly appreciated.

returned in a box (not to be disrespectful)

Why say it that way? That is VERY disrespectful as far as i'm concerned!

Mello Kab
1996 Crown Vic
2 time  Least Horrible Yank Tank Award

must....resist.....keyboard....tractor beam.......

For starters I'm going to lock this thread--things got a little flame-y for my tastes.

Second, thanks for the request--you're certainly not out of line to ask for assistance. In the past, our military participants haven't gotten any special consideration as far as fees, but we are more than willing to make special exceptions as far as deadlines and other logistics. We know how tricky it can be to coordinate your own schedule with Uncle Sam's.

We're currently working on a program for enlisted-military race freebies--we're still working on the details and we'll let everyone know once we have everything finalized.

And, feel free to bug us off-forum--any fee questions should typically go to Jay, and everything else can come to me.