Topic: Lost a great Post

I read this great (and long) post on this site with car selection and preparation recommendations and I simply can not find it again, which is very frustrating.

The post talked about making the car reliable with good brakes and not to worry about finding V8 power.  It also noted some cars that were working well and those that don't.   The post was nearly a page long if I recall.

Just link post if you recall it, many thanks in advance.

E

Re: Lost a great Post

Was it the one that made it clear that the Kaiser Henry J was the best possible Lemons car?

3 (edited by runs_wscissors 2009-12-19 10:06 PM)

Maybe, now as the evening gets later I'm not sure where I saw it. 

I distintly remember it saying that not matter what car you get it will go through brakes and to make your car reliable spend money on quality pads, etc....

Is this it?
http://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/viewtopic.php?id=1848

I think this is it.........................words of wisdom......  you really don't need a fast car to place well at Lemons.....you need a well driven reliable car that stays on track......fast cars that break down or end up in the penalty box tend to "underperform" in the final standings

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

That's it.  Thank you so much, I tried all sorts of search terms and just couldn't find it.

MurileeMartin wrote:

Was it the one that made it clear that the Kaiser Henry J was the best possible Lemons car?

I thought it was the Crosley Hotshot...

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....