Re: WE'RE IN! Look out Sears Pointless, here Oui Come!

ifb_mole wrote:

If we didn't get an email yet, does that mean we're not in or does it take a day or so to email everyone?

So far all the team captains i have talked to have gotten e-mails.

E=MC Hammered
E30, 302I (ME car)
Pintoghini with turbo 2.3L
Old Spice Crown Victoria

ifb_mole wrote:

If we didn't get an email yet, does that mean we're not in or does it take a day or so to email everyone?

Got ours at 10:45am, today.

I'm afraid you may be waitlisted.
Keep building as if you are 'in'.

We let up on our build when we were waitlisted for TH.
We got a late acceptance and went into 'thrash mode'.

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

28 (edited by vizlvr 2009-12-27 09:47 PM)

We are waitlisted and received an email also around 10:45am today.  ifb-Did you log in and see if there was a pay now button? If so then you're in. If not then....

Import Alloy Racing
The Little Red Poorvette

PAY NOW is active...

Fees due by Jan. 9th.

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th

Fish wrote:

Team Underground is in and will be ready to dominate! We might even have a driver on our team who has driven that course before in some roundy roundy series a lot of people watch or something smile

Dominate? So you scrapped the 300ZX?

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Judge Jonny wrote:
Fish wrote:

Team Underground is in and will be ready to dominate! We might even have a driver on our team who has driven that course before in some roundy roundy series a lot of people watch or something smile

Dominate? So you scrapped the 300ZX?

Come on Jonny you know we wouldnt do that to ya guys and actually show up with something that could win!! KITT will be there and we figure we have pretty much blown up everything at least once, with the Phoenix race in a couple weeks we can blow up stuff twice and then third time will be a charm!!

priapism wrote:

We got rejected again.  LOL

Did you get a reason?

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

craznoe wrote:

The Bandits are back...  I apologize in advance.

See you guys in March!

Ditto for Team Stimulus Package.  We'll try to finish with all 4 Hon-duh rods intact this time.

I'm *really* looking forward to this race!  I haven't driven with my team since Reno and that's been tough!   If we run a clean race and simply finish I'll be happy.

ronman wrote:
priapism wrote:

We got rejected again.  LOL

Did you get a reason?

If you don't write an essay in your application, in the "Why we deserve to be accepted rather than those other lame-os" section, it will probably be consigned to the circular file.

The West Coast races have way, waaaay more applicants than could ever be put on one race track, so interesting car choices and/or themes and/or displays of correct attitude are very important.

You guys applying for races at new-for-2010 tracks (other than Infineon) should have a much easier time getting in; the first time a Lemons race hits a new track there's usually ample space for most everybody.

write an essay

I was kinda proud of my offering...

KT

trekkor wrote:

write an essay

KT

Me too....heres mine

"Really stupid Members Only is returning with our fantastic 1984 Porsche "estate" wagon to prove how really "pointless" we are....the team has changed a bit, but oddly enough everyone is still named Richard....bizarre huh..... must be dumb luck......maybe we'll spill less oil(note to self bring MORE oil), have less penalties (note to self bring lots of sharpies)and hopefully actually finish the race with a running car..."

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

Our team captain is pretty good at these writting things here was his for the Pointless race:

Hello Lemonators! Ever since we formed "Team UNDERGROUND" have been dreaming of racing the infamous "Infineon Raceway". In fact, this track is the one that our legendary 300ZX "KITT" was actually built for and my fellow teammates and I will be more than happy to spank everyone else who dares to go against us.  I am happy to say that "KITT" is in great shape after Texas and ready for battle. When I say great shape I am not exaggerating either. Texas was the first time in a while where we actually had the ability to drive her onto the trailer under her own power at the end of the weekend. We considered this to be a victory in itself because first gear is basically gone now and second gear is slipping away quickly. Those gears are not that important to a team like ours, only because we spend the whole weekend in overdrive blasting past the rust buckets those other teams try and pass off as race cars. I can see it already.... It is day two and 69% of the field has imploded clearing the way for us as we climb positions and work our way to the front of the pack. We have already tied the track record on day one and with an hour left of racing we are in 6th place. On more than one occasion we have blown the motor once we made it into 5th place so, we throttle back a little waiting for the perfect opportunity to pass two cars at once. By passing in this way, we skip right past fifth place and land in fourth avoiding the "Curse of Fifth Place" that has caused us so much distress in the past. As we carefully defend our track position for, what seems like an eternity, there is a faint glimmer of sunlight reflected off the back of the piece of crap we have been tailgating for far to long. Our noble competitor has made a poor choice when setting up for turn one. This is the moment we have been waiting for. Mashing the pedal to the floor, we head into the turn three wide as the crowd rises to their feet in an effort to get a glimpse at what real racing looks like. By the time we hit turn two we are five car lengths ahead of those other bozos and gaining on the leader...I think I should halt the story right there because, I don't wanna give away the dramatic events that rival the amazing driving skills of Cole Trickle and Ricky Bobby and result in our glorious win on that fateful day at Sears Pointless . You guys are just gonna have to let us race and see it happen for yourselves. I look forward to your reply. Dan "200" NovakrnCaptain of "The UNDERGROUND"

z=zero

Richard Doty
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

Since we're sharing.

Ford racing at it's finest. Huge power, endless budget, superb handling and unmatched reliability...OK, we have none of that. However, with our Gulf livery we are an insult to all of motorsports history! We'll be in white Gulf jumpsuits just like in the movie 'LeMans', sandy blond wigs, 70's style aviator sun glasses and giving everyone the two finger salute.Think four Steve McQueens with attitudes!

KT

icemang17 wrote:
trekkor wrote:

write an essay

KT

Me too....heres mine

"Really stupid Members Only is returning with our fantastic 1984 Porsche "estate" wagon to prove how really "pointless" we are....the team has changed a bit, but oddly enough everyone is still named Richard....bizarre huh..... must be dumb luck......maybe we'll spill less oil(note to self bring MORE oil), have less penalties (note to self bring lots of sharpies)and hopefully actually finish the race with a running car..."

So if all you guys are names Richard then the car is being driven by a bunch of Dick's!!!!!!!!!

Sorry i had to say it because it was just there. I am probably going to hell for it for sure feel free to punk me hard when you see me smile

Pen-De-HO HO HO

Pendejo wrote:
icemang17 wrote:
trekkor wrote:

KT

Me too....heres mine

So if all you guys are names Richard then the car is being driven by a bunch of Dick's!!!!!!!!!

Sorry i had to say it because it was just there. I am probably going to hell for it for sure feel free to punk me hard when you see me smile

Pen-De-HO HO HO

Thats the IDEA........  like our motto on the side of the car by the Members Only sticker

"Clothing for (enthusiasts) COCKS since 1975"

Maybe we'll have the budget for some pricey members only jackets this time?

Richard Doty
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

The Fat and the Furious are IN for our first experience.  Looking forward to meeting you all.

#117 - The Fat And The Furious Big Boy Miata & Big Boy Metro-Gnome

I'm still wondering how many cars there will be allowed in the race.  Anyone one know yet?? 80, 90, 100, 125 more??

Well, someone knows, but they aren't telling...

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

calpolo17 wrote:

The Fat and the Furious are IN for our first experience.  Looking forward to meeting you all.

We need more info.
This sounds thoroughly entertaining!

300# Vin Diesel?

Hit the NOS, son!

KT

46 (edited by TeamPettyCash 2009-12-31 12:29 AM)

We're in again...time to have a serious come to Jesus talk with my team.

-Matt

30 Time Loser with Class C, Index of Effluency, I got Screwed and Heroic Fix Trophies who usually races, according to Car and Driver, The Greatest Road Racing Cherokee in History.

Check out our FB Page and follow our various exploits.

Fish wrote:

Our team captain is pretty good at these writting things here was his for the Pointless race:

Hello Lemonators! Ever since we formed "Team UNDERGROUND" have been dreaming of racing the infamous "Infineon Raceway". In fact, this track is the one that our legendary 300ZX "KITT" was actually built for and my fellow teammates and I will be more than happy to spank everyone else who dares to go against us.  I am happy to say that "KITT" is in great shape after Texas and ready for battle. When I say great shape I am not exaggerating either. Texas was the first time in a while where we actually had the ability to drive her onto the trailer under her own power at the end of the weekend. We considered this to be a victory in itself because first gear is basically gone now and second gear is slipping away quickly. Those gears are not that important to a team like ours, only because we spend the whole weekend in overdrive blasting past the rust buckets those other teams try and pass off as race cars. I can see it already.... It is day two and 69% of the field has imploded clearing the way for us as we climb positions and work our way to the front of the pack. We have already tied the track record on day one and with an hour left of racing we are in 6th place. On more than one occasion we have blown the motor once we made it into 5th place so, we throttle back a little waiting for the perfect opportunity to pass two cars at once. By passing in this way, we skip right past fifth place and land in fourth avoiding the "Curse of Fifth Place" that has caused us so much distress in the past. As we carefully defend our track position for, what seems like an eternity, there is a faint glimmer of sunlight reflected off the back of the piece of crap we have been tailgating for far to long. Our noble competitor has made a poor choice when setting up for turn one. This is the moment we have been waiting for. Mashing the pedal to the floor, we head into the turn three wide as the crowd rises to their feet in an effort to get a glimpse at what real racing looks like. By the time we hit turn two we are five car lengths ahead of those other bozos and gaining on the leader...I think I should halt the story right there because, I don't wanna give away the dramatic events that rival the amazing driving skills of Cole Trickle and Ricky Bobby and result in our glorious win on that fateful day at Sears Pointless . You guys are just gonna have to let us race and see it happen for yourselves. I look forward to your reply. Dan "200" NovakrnCaptain of "The UNDERGROUND"

If only dreams were nickles....

Cars, cameras, and easy living...