Topic: Autoweek coverage

The 9/7/09 issue of Autoweek I just got had some Lemons Concours coverage. A lightly-editted version has apparently already been posted on-line.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2009081 … /908169997

Near-Orbital Space Monkeys
#528 BMW 528e 121hp Black "Saturn 5" Rocket car with orange foam flames. Sold.
#71 Yellow Fox Mustang. For sale.

Re: Autoweek coverage

Finally some hipsters doing something productive with their lives! http://www.autoweek.com/storyimage/20090816/CARNEWS/908169997/AR-908169997.jpg

with the van in the background, it makes me think they might be doing something re-productive...

-Martin
Team SHOtime
1986 Formula 1 Benetton racing livery
Old themes - M*A*S*H - Red Rocket Rat car

4 (edited by jimeditorial 2009-09-08 06:34 AM)

I've spent 25 years trying to forget the 70's....thanks for nothing!

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

Nick_LeMonsHQ wrote:

Finally some hipsters doing something productive with their lives!

To the hipsters: Thanks. Thanks a lot!

When that nice lady started walking around in the silver bikini, and posing naughtily with the disco-ball pinto even my wife noticed my IQ went another 80 points south. We were trying to order some food and I could not seem to understand the menu...

I resorted to distracting both of us with funny Gremlin stories. Do you realize how DIFFICULT it is to talk to your wife about drum brakes with a barely dressed shiny silver newt dancing around in the background? Ug.

I reminded myself that my own little sweet-potato allows me to keep 9 crapcans in the driveway and spare carburetors/dashboards/fuseboxes in the living room and thus was able to resist the leering call of Sirenum scopuli.

That is until we stumbled on them as they were doing a photo shoot back at the van. We rounded the corner in time to see a compromising position...

Next thing I knew, I got punched.

I was checking out the VAN!!!! I LOVE THE VAN!!!

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

"Sparky" Pete wrote:

That is until we stumbled on them as they were doing a photo shoot back at the van. We rounded the corner in time to see a compromising position...

Next thing I knew, I got punched.

I was checking out the VAN!!!! I LOVE THE VAN!!!

ha ha!

That reminds me of a couple of years ago when my wife and I were driving along and passed a Mercedes AMG convertible.  A knock-out woman was driving it, but what *really* caught my attention was the massive brakes!  My wife didn't quite know what to think about those priorities...

basudec1509 wrote:

hi !!!

its really a informative post...

thanks for your information ...........

What in god's name.... the company in this spam bot's signature is MY COMPANY! *emails my manager*

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

OverStimulated wrote:

That reminds me of a couple of years ago when my wife and I were driving along and passed a Mercedes AMG convertible.  A knock-out woman was driving it, but what *really* caught my attention was the massive brakes!  My wife didn't quite know what to think about those priorities...

Wait? That's not normal?

LTDScott wrote:

What in god's name.... the company in this spam bot's signature is MY COMPANY! *emails my manager*

LAWLS

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"