Re: October Joliet Race - Who's coming?

cabinboy wrote:
BoB wrote:
cabinboy wrote:

I just realized that I never mentioned the The F**king New Guys will be there. Yes, four seasoned veterans will help a newbie become a team captain in his first race. God help us all. This should be fun.

Are you sure it isn't a newbie helping 4 hopeless  veterans.

Are you calling tSoG hopeless?

If he isn't, I am.  Lovable and Wally's favorite, but utterly hopeless.  If it were not for his bacon, Superman underoos and constant flow of entertaining banter...he would likely be banned from every race course in the country.

We, the Lemons faithful, must shield him from such a fate.

^ This is my favorite thing I've read today.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Lemons email says race is full-up.  67 cars is full-up?

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.

TeamLemon-aid wrote:

Lemons email says race is full-up.  67 cars is full-up?

I'm guessing it just says that since the database is closed?

Fourteen time loser. You'd think I'd know better by now.

Guess that could be.  Often it will say late apps.  Maybe it's a typo.  Or maybe they don't feel like messing with it.  Or maybe ACC capped the event.

OnkelUdo wrote:
cabinboy wrote:
BoB wrote:

If he isn't, I am.  Lovable and Wally's favorite, but utterly hopeless.  If it were not for his bacon, Superman underoos and constant flow of entertaining banter...he would likely be banned from every race course in the country.

Hey, we're not hopeless, we're competitively incompetent!

Fourteen time loser. You'd think I'd know better by now.

OnkelUdo wrote:
cabinboy wrote:
BoB wrote:

I am surprised and flattered they keep letting me come back.

I definitely lower the bar a bit. I am less hopeless when i am only in charge of bacon.

dead rabbit society: cultured 'n shit.

Speaking of bacon, we're going to have some colossal BLT sandwiches this weekend.  Home grown tomatoes and that bacon....

Fireball Racing - ‘67 Ford Fairlane and ‘73 Saab Sonett

I've lost a lot, but the Fairlane finally won an IoE.

chadadams59 wrote:

Speaking of bacon, we're going to have some colossal BLT sandwiches this weekend.  Home grown tomatoes and that bacon....

I will eat twelve to make up for my beer you drink.

Wally will take all leftovers...and food below the waist.

I am all atwitter with excrement!  with a small field, who knows...could be back to back U-Body victories if the gods smile on us.

Friday was uneventful except for this...

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o173/cromec/AED26EE1-2BB9-4884-A906-FC219F8F5D00_zpsdmvw2eiu.jpg

Get rid of the rule banning short wheel base cars!!!

I'm sure Eric will have a writeup to better detail this awesome creation.   Wish the guy that built it much fun with it.

We sucked.

Congrats TaTas!!!

Took the Firebug out on the street for the first time around the track Friday night.

It's even more ridiculous than I anticipated.

The Charnal House Geo MetSHO: Turning less laps than a regular Metro, the hard way!

1969 Subaru 360

Holy crap, what a weekend!  The B class leaders broke down with 40 minutes to go and we passed the second place car 3 times on-track during the last stint, finally taking the B class lead with about 10 minutes left in the race.  Car finished with the rear brakes worn halfway through the backing plates.

Anyone able to find the MyLaps results?  They're usually up by now but I can't find them.

-Nathan - Team Captain, Priority Fail Racing
1997 Golf GTI VR6 Mid Engine

TeamLemon-aid wrote:

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o173/cromec/AED26EE1-2BB9-4884-A906-FC219F8F5D00_zpsdmvw2eiu.jpg

I'm sure Eric will have a writeup to better detail this awesome creation.   Wish the guy that built it much fun with it.

I teased it a while ago on Hooniverse. I'm hoping to have a little something on it.

Eric Rood
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

therood wrote:
TeamLemon-aid wrote:

I teased it a while ago on Hooniverse. I'm hoping to have a little something on it.

Saw it in the paddock.  Hoped it was racing.  Sounded amazing. 

Obviously a sportbike engine, which one?

-Nathan - Team Captain, Priority Fail Racing
1997 Golf GTI VR6 Mid Engine

Honda 954RR. The Ziptied build thread is worth a read.

Eric Rood
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

TeamLemon-aid wrote:

We sucked.

Congrats TaTas!!!

I will say it was fun battle for the first 2 hours with both of your cars for the lead.  Our team has never lead a single lap before this race and going back and forth with your 2 cars at the beginning was a lot of fun for me.  After that our weekend went down hill.  We lost 4th gear about 2 hours in to the race, kept going with 3rd and 5th and stayed up near the front, did a driver change and got back to first with out using 4th gear and then at the 3 hour mark 3rd gear decided it wanted to be neutral.  Sucks having the car break while in the lead.  We swapped trannys Saturday night and were back to have a really good Sunday on the North track making up 22 spots getting back up to 36th.

Again congrats to TaTas, we pitted next to them and they were great neighbors and raced us clean when we were near them, and man they were fast.

Wisconsin Crap Racers #113 E36
I.O.E. Winners 2023 Gingerman
2016 and 2017 Cure for Gingivitis Champs!
30+ time Losers!

Thanks for another great race weekend guys and gals, it was fun.   Special thanks to the judges for giving us the org choice award. 

The Camaro is going on the stands for the winter....we will see you all at Gingerman next year.

Team Sucker Punch: Winner Class B Doing Time at Joliet 2023 Autobahn ,Winner Org Choice award Were the Elite Meet to Cheat 2015
Chevy Camaro (Tiger striped #38)  (1989-2017 RIP old friend)
Chevy Corvette 1984......and still racing!

144 (edited by Brett85p 2015-10-12 08:25 AM)

We had a blast this weekend the 24 he race woes are behind us now, the engine ran strong all weekend some fuel pressure issues toward the end of the last stint but nothing major.
We lost around 20 minutes on Saturday due to failing rear brake pads and a black flag due to a leaking fuel cap. But finished close enough to be in contention for Sunday especially with the shorter track making it easier to make up laps on the leaders in Class B.
Sunday I went out and pushed real hard sorry if I cut anyone off we had a lot of ground to make up! One black flag that was marginal thanks to the blue #23 turning in in my left rear guard after I was 90% past but managed to climb back into contention until the driveshaft let go. We thought this ended our race as the diff was locked up but we swapped in a new diff and went out to find the driveshaft bent. Most likely from being towed in backwards with it digging into the ground.
Team Lemonaid stepped up with the generous use of their trailer to press the driveshaft straight and we completed the final two hours. Thanks AJ and team for the idea and use of the trailer as a press.

Congrats to the class winners it was fun racing with the A class contenders in the final laps. We have some real good video to come in the next few days.

A few things to fix for the next race but already getting excited for Barber!!

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

Even though we struggled with the combination of a dirty fuel tank and no more than a half hour of test driving in a front yard leading up to the race to find said issue before Saturday, we still had a blast. We greatly appreciate that Wisconsin Crap Racing helped us with some injectors to replace our clogged ones after we traced our 3-cylinder running issues. Unfortunately, the car quickly lost 2 more cylinders again. Then it was back to the intraweb forums and found good ole farmboy advice of using magnets to keep rusty sentiment from fouling up your tractor. After a quick WalMart run and dropping a couple into the fuel tank and putting another on the bottom of it, we were running on all cylinders for all of Sunday... Then I overcooked the front Rival Ss outer edges and broke the gas pedal trying to get to the kickdown switch so we were an hour shy from finishing out the race. We look forward to better tire selection and preparing for Gingerman in the spring!

We enjoyed wandering the paddock Friday and Saturday night and loved the communal nature. Wild swaps like Priority Fail's MR VR6 and Lemonaid's M50 Metro were certainly great examples of why my new teammates think Lemons is so neat in addition to all the cars that you wouldn't see on the racetrack otherwise, like Team Sheen's maroon car or a Ranger that is way faster than it rightfully should be!

Congrats to Ta-Tas. Now maybe Roland can pursue my Lemons of the Sky racing idea, we'll just need a rather lax airworthiness director...

-Robert, Party Sheep Racing
The Jerry Lundegaard GMAC Financing Award, Joliet 2013 [Cutlass Ciera w/ Iron Duke]
Eta E30: IL Fall '15, MI Spring '16, IL Summer '16, MI Spring '17, KY '17, MI Summer '21, KY '21, MI Summer '21, MI Fall '22

146 (edited by TeamLemon-aid 2015-10-12 10:27 AM)

Glad we could help.  You have helped us a ton in the past.  We plan to bring the Metro to barber.  Just have to find a flywheel.  See you there!

Also there must have been leaky fuel cap-itis going around.  Our BMW suffered the same malady and lead to us dropping from 4th to 27th. Bummer.

Brett85p wrote:

We had a blast this weekend the 24 he race woes are behind us now, the engine ran strong all weekend some fuel pressure issues toward the end of the last stint but nothing major.
We lost around 20 minutes on Saturday due to failing rear brake pads and a black flag due to a leaking fuel cap. But finished close enough to be in contention for Sunday especially with the shorter track making it easier to make up laps on the leaders in Class B.
Sunday I went out and pushed real hard sorry if I cut anyone off we had a lot of ground to make up! One black flag that was marginal thanks to the blue #23 turning in in my left rear guard after I was 90% past but managed to climb back into contention until the driveshaft let go. We thought this ended our race as the diff was locked up but we swapped in a new diff and went out to find the driveshaft bent. Most likely from being towed in backwards with it digging into the ground.
Team Lemonaid stepped up with the generous use of their trailer to press the driveshaft straight and we completed the final two hours. Thanks AJ and team for the idea and use of the trailer as a press.

Congrats to the class winners it was fun racing with the A class contenders in the final laps. We have some real good video to come in the next few days.

A few things to fix for the next race but already getting excited for Barber!!

TeamLemon-aid wrote:

Also there must have been leaky fuel cap-itis going around.  Our BMW suffered the same malady and lead to us dropping from 4th to 27th. Bummer.

Apparently our Saturn had it as well and no one told us until after the fire (unrelated).  We had a spare cap and everything.

TeamLemon-aid wrote:

I was hoping you guys had fixed it but the first time you went past us Sunday and it sprayed on our windshield I had a feeling you guys were doomed. Hope you have better luck at Barber.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

It was really bizarre.  The cap had a crappy gasket on it before and was clearly not sealing.  We put a beefy gasket on and the cap sealed perfectly.  We even filled to the neck and tipped the car on the side and there was no leak Sunday AM.  Sent our guy out, and he's spraying fuel everywhere.  We check the cap and now it's loose again.  WTF?   Eric and other judges suggested checking venting.  So we did, not sure it was the issue.  We ultimately just ran shorter stints with less fuel and never had an issue again. 

That car is very close to being either parked or getting redone.  We were driving the ever living snot out of it and we were getting pulled in the straights by half the field.  Obviously we can compete with it, but we'll never beat the TaTas or Pigs with that BMW without putting in a fuel cell or getting more HP.   I'm afraid the 250K mile eta motor is slowly dying.

Hence the creation of the Metro.  Which finds a new way to break every race. big_smile

cabinboy wrote:
TeamLemon-aid wrote:

I was hoping you guys had fixed it but the first time you went past us Sunday and it sprayed on our windshield I had a feeling you guys were doomed. Hope you have better luck at Barber.

Crab Spirits wrote:

Took the Firebug out on the street for the first time around the track Friday night.

It's even more ridiculous than I anticipated.

can confirm, have video, will post once I edit out my stupid voice

"THE WONDERMENT CONSORTIUM"
Everything dies baby that's a fact,
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back?