Re: Tornado warnings in San Diego

Don't know how you stand it..been to TX several times in summer and you can feel the heat from the asphalt through your shoes...at those temps the air feels like it has no oxygen in it....I think TX is the reason they invented the Super Big Gulp. How you race in that heat is beyond me. It's great to visit, but eventually I miss the ice..there's a certain beauty at -30 to -40...your breath hangs in a still cloud of ice crystals and a conversation carries for hundreds of yards in still air. Snow crackles under your feet. If it's cold enough, ice is grippy...you can make your tires squeal like dry pavement. Alaskans know. On the other hand, my crap can project car is buried behind the shop and it won't move until spring unless I use a bulldozer...

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

Troy wrote:

You'd be hard pressed to find a Mustang from the mid-80's up in Texas without A/C.

To us 85 is a cool day.  We had 100+ weather for more than 3 months straight almost!  I think we were in the 70's yesterday and today.

being a contractor in texas in the summer means starting at 6 am. any later means being in the late afternoon heat. around here the actual temps can hit 115 or more.
today it got up to 70 or so. nice winter day for us......

jimeditorial wrote:

Don't know how you stand it..been to TX several times in summer and you can feel the heat from the asphalt through your shoes...at those temps the air feels like it has no oxygen in it....I think TX is the reason they invented the Super Big Gulp. How you race in that heat is beyond me. It's great to visit, but eventually I miss the ice..there's a certain beauty at -30 to -40...your breath hangs in a still cloud of ice crystals and a conversation carries for hundreds of yards in still air. Snow crackles under your feet. If it's cold enough, ice is grippy...you can make your tires squeal like dry pavement. Alaskans know. On the other hand, my crap can project car is buried behind the shop and it won't move until spring unless I use a bulldozer...

ooooh yeah, no it doesn't make me want to move there.  sorry.

i hate i left FLA.  at 8am you drive down the boulevards with the palms in the medians and see nothing but blue sky.  yeah, life is tough in FLA.

whatever it was i didn't do it
dorifto dogs E30 - gone but not forgotten

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36