Re: In car radios: Headset and Mic

Radios make things much better. We had to black-flag our own driver in Ohio because after a pit stop we realized the radiator cap was sitting in the pit.

In my opinion the AVP-H2 is worth getting, though it still isn't quite loud enough for the driver to hear the crew at full tilt. There's a thread about 'em in the equipment forum in which folks have mentioned various inline amplifiers to try.

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

Re: In car radios: Headset and Mic

bob-e wrote:

We use them mostly for the driver to tell the rest of the team that we're coming in.  Without radios, I'd come in to the pits with a car problem and the rest of the team would be at the concession stand eating nachos.

Ah HA !!  now i get it   so the radio allows you to have them order YOU nachos too  !!

spectator "Lamest Day 09",DNF "American Irony" 2010,DNS "Capitol Offense"2010,DNF "Gingervitis"2011,DNF"ShowroomShlock"2011 maybe someday....                                                                                     
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
"luckily I didnt go into the mountain,.......I went over the cliff. I was doin 300 MPH sideways and 100 ft. down at the same time............"