Topic: Special Tools at CMP

And no, I'm not talking about the drivers.

I'm bring a 20-ton press. Anybody who needs to use it is welcome to track down Police Brutality's paddock stall and have at it.

What kind of things are you guys dragging out?

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

Re: Special Tools at CMP

Mig and Tig (110v) welders, grinder, general pullers, air tools, etc.  (available for lending)

Not a lot this time around - we're trying to squeeze 2 teams into 3 trucks. 

a 20-ton?  Are you com...  Oh nevermind. wink

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

We are bringing a tire machine. welcome to use it no sense paying a guy in town to change a tire. We will be install # 9.

Mello Kab
1996 Crown Vic
2 time  Least Horrible Yank Tank Award

nothing special.  air comp and tools, sawzall, etc.  knock on wood, we do not have anything to do to the car before the race, so we'll walk around and try to lend a hand where needed after tech inspection.  we might need to use the tire machine.  i'd defintely tip ya a few bucks or some beers for that.

Awesome, we will do some bartering.

We had to sacrifice all the fancy tools for room for more important things like the keg and beer pong table. This is Lemons for gods sake.

JunkWorks
e-30ata

You clearly need a larger convoy. Bring booze AND tools!

If I load it up, you are welcome to borrow it!!  It would take too long to list everything....  I intend to clean a large portion of my shop out.  If I am not busy, you can just ask and I will be glad to help anyone if you need it. 

On second thought, you can't take our heater,  but you can stand around it with us.  The womenfolk would not like their warmies disappearing.....

#508 Team SOB
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

ronman wrote:

You clearly need a larger convoy. Bring booze AND tools!

Why do you think that we aren't bringing more tools?  Well, that and the 4 gallons of chili we are bringing for the contest.

We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.

Chili, you say???

I picked up a gallon of sweet tea vodka that will go nicely with that...

Chili Contest? I was bringing chili for my team, I can make more if there's a cookoff or something in the works!

This is my first Lemons reply but our 3rd race.  We have a engine hoist, sledge hammer, sawzall, duct tape, rain X  and 5 heaters.  First priority is staying warm then keep the car running.  We also have a complete E30 in boxes - minus body.  We will be at the track around 4pm on Thursday and have our shelters setup shortly after that.  Stop by if you need heat or beer.  We should have the movies playing by 7ish.   Super Troopers Racing - 10x20 shelter with blue tarps for walls.  Should be on the corner existing the track - same as the last race.  We might hang Ursula on the shelter for a landmark.

We also have Chili coming -

Road Warrior Racing - Ford Falcon XB

Chili contest here: http://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/viewtopic.php?id=1756

I even made a $1.59 trophy for the event.

Hey Porschelou are you bringing a projector ?

The UFC fight is Sat night, and was going to buy it on my laptop .... but others im sure would enjoy it if they could watch as well, but I dont have a projector.

JunkWorks
e-30ata

We will have a projector. Team Top Gear. Car #78, Black Nissan 200SX with white racing stripes.

EVERYONE is welcome to stop by for beer, food and friends! We will have every tool listed above minus the 20ton press. In addition, I am an unemployed Mechanical Engineer that can lend you free advice or just talk over your head about all things mechanical or electrical. If you're a chemical engineer, stay out of our pits.

I'll have a 40" avaliable if you don't find a projector; I'm sure we can interrupt the Top Gear for some cage fighting. Are you going to have enough bandwidth on the track's wannabe-dialup DSL connection?

Arbitrariness, capriciousness, favoritism, sadism and good-humored cruelty.

x2

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

ronman wrote:

I'll have a 40" avaliable if you don't find a projector; I'm sure we can interrupt the Top Gear for some cage fighting. Are you going to have enough bandwidth on the track's wannabe-dialup DSL connection?

I have an aircard with sprint

JunkWorks
e-30ata

Aha! I can't even get enough signal with TMobile to send a text message.

Im bringing my snow shovel so that I can get in my house when I get home on Monday....

stopngosteve wrote:

Im bringing my snow shovel so that I can get in my house when I get home on Monday....

Then throw it up here.....we have so little it's pathetic. They're even trucking it in for the Olympics. Wanna see global warming first hand? Come to Toronto!

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

This is our 3rd one of the season and our second one of a foot or more. They are even calling for more on Tuesday. Getting that much at one time is rare for us here in the DC area.