Re: A big thanks to everyone at CMP this weekend!

Definatly a blast!!

CMP is the only track weve done so far, we are trying to Summit Point this year though .... but I have to say I was very impressed .... we also had alot of give and take which was amazing.

I know I personally had about 30 great laps with the volvo, as did one of our other drivers (he ended up with a little blue on the fender)

I said it in another thread but Sunday morning when it came time to turn in the curse ballot our team drew a blank and had no clue .... so we threw ours in the trashcan.

Thanks to those who came over and drank beer, was great to see the Tuna Chuckers and the tan mustang guys make it back out on the track (even though it wasnt for long).

Had a blast with yall!

JunkWorks
e-30ata

27 (edited by jmitch 2010-02-09 04:44 AM)

littledog wrote:
Judge Jonny wrote:
littledog wrote:

You were in the Saab 9000, right?

HA HA HA!!!

smile - OK - his *name* was on the Saab.

<- just started reading the forum

Tricked you! It was I in the Saab 9000!!
We had never even driven the car so when I went out on the first stint, I new we were in troublel The engine wouldn't go over 2,500 rpms without breaking up really bad so we brought it in. Checked to see if all plugs were getting spark, checked fuel filter etc.. and went back out. Still missing..
Eventually had to hunt down a fuel pump at the NAPA store and ended up with one for a nissan. had to cut, bend and eventually tie wrap the thing in...and it WORKED!
The car hauled ass then so we were positive we could make up 183 measly laps!
One of our teamates eventually overheated the car(SAYS he was watching the temp guage and it never got HOT) and our race was done at 2 o'clock.
We had alot of fun when it was running good and only REALLY had one black flag that "counted".
The other, a corner worker black flagged us for our exhaust hanging down but it was actually repaired that way and made it through tech..the bad thing was they black flagged us for 8 laps before anyone(me) noticed!
Thank you to the dude with the pink Saab, the guy with the blue Volvo, and the old car owners for all their help.
GREAT WEEKEND!

My turn!!!!

Thanks to everyone who didn't hit us when the clutch went out and we almost stopped on the track. Thanks A LOT to the guys that didn't notice and hit the car anyways! lol

Special thanks to Magnum PU team and driver VKZ24 for the bad ass duel on sunday morning! That definitely made me a better driver!

Thanks to all those who were out there both mornings for the first two hours. I am a drag racer, not a road racer so please forgive my shitty "lines" and n00b driving skillz. Thanks for not punting me off the track!

Thanks to the Judges for not making the Stig reveal himself after his disco spin in T4.

Thanks to the CMP track workers for everything they do! Hope you enjoyed the 'Shine!!!

Thanks to Nissan for the shitty clutch that fails after only 180K miles and 80 laps. Preciate ya on that one.

Thanks to Nissan for making a car that doesn't suck on track with only 3rd gear for a day and a half!

THanks to the lady down at Bojangles for the extra cheese on my buscuit. THat was a bonus

Thanks to All the racers at Southern Discomfort for being all around good guys! Except them cheatin ass cops....  They were RUDE and unpleasant to be around!  JK!  smile

-Disney 
AKA Jeremy Clarkson

Thank you to Duff beer for all the beer!  Thanks to the Police Brutality team for Greentea with Jack.  Thanks to the judges for the great penalties, I especially love the hero parades and the macho man parades, awesome!  Please keep both!!!  Thanks to my awesome teammates, we are truely starting to work as one.  Can't wait for the next race!

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)