Re: Explain Your Curse Criteria

[quote=.  Cheaters, I don't mind so much because they probably got enough penalty laps to offset their speed.

How about slow cheaters;)? BTW, how are BS penalties meted out? Do you sit until the leader makes the lap count or are the laps subtracted from your tally afterwards?

BS Penalty laps are just subtracted from the tally.  No track time is lost.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

Note to Self:

No pit manuevers...

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

We voted the team that drove like dicks.  Dive bombing turns as well as passing on EVERY yellow flag.  They were awarded quite a few penalty laps from Tech so I guess they were trying to make them up, but passing on yellow isn't only dick, it is dangerous too.

Team monstaRX-7: #91 1991 Mazda RX-7 convertible with a 5.0, WHAT COULD GO WRONG?
Races: 2010 Gator-O-Rama(DNF, blown motor, "Trailer on Saturday"), Oct 2011 Yee-Haw Its Lemons(actually finished the race! Judge's Choice)

Stang Man wrote:

We voted the team that drove like dicks.  Dive bombing turns as well as passing on EVERY yellow flag.  They were awarded quite a few penalty laps from Tech so I guess they were trying to make them up, but passing on yellow isn't only dick, it is dangerous too.

You can get penalty laps in tech?  Or was it BS inspection?

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Sir Thomas Crapper wrote:
Stang Man wrote:

Just BS.  Tech is a serious inspection by trained professionals.  BS happens immediately after tech so it's easy for the two to blend together.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

Sir Thomas Crapper wrote:
Stang Man wrote:

Apologies, I meant BS Inspection  smile

Team monstaRX-7: #91 1991 Mazda RX-7 convertible with a 5.0, WHAT COULD GO WRONG?
Races: 2010 Gator-O-Rama(DNF, blown motor, "Trailer on Saturday"), Oct 2011 Yee-Haw Its Lemons(actually finished the race! Judge's Choice)

MurileeMartin wrote:

Oh, you can spot the teams that have the correct Lemons sprit. Note Merkur XR4Ti, beer steins, homemade lederhosen.

Yes, but we picked the Merkur originally because we thought it would make a good racecar.

Our Lady of Perpetual Downforce
http://www.perpetualdownforce.com/

st_rage wrote:
MurileeMartin wrote:

Oh, you can spot the teams that have the correct Lemons sprit. Note Merkur XR4Ti, beer steins, homemade lederhosen.

Yes, but we picked the Merkur originally because we thought it would make a good racecar.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

No experience here, but I'm figuring that at my first race I'll just vote for the team I get along with the least, for any reason, including:

Teams that drive like crap
Teams that can't take a joke
Teams that are obviously cheating but complain about penalty laps
People named Todd

etc.

If it ain't broken, fix it 'til it is.

Cadillac Bob wrote:

No experience here, but I'm figuring that at my first race I'll just vote for the team I get along with the least, for any reason, including:

Teams that drive like crap
Teams that can't take a joke
Teams that are obviously cheating but complain about penalty laps
People named Todd

etc.

Todd... shouldn't you pick other Bobs?

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:VkP1 … 180_76.jpg

If it ain't broken, fix it 'til it is.

Cadillac Bob wrote:

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:VkP18WR32s8cCM:http://images.truffleshuffle.co.uk/store/images/thumb_cache/there_can_be_only_one_mens_highlander_t-shirt_listing_image_220_180_76.jpg

FIXED

Sons of STIG

Back on topic...

The aptly named Superkak Racing mega-cheater Stang got my vote when they sirened me in the middle of turn 3 - where I was actually faster than them.  It didn't help that they almost shoved me off the track when they got by me two turns later.

I almost had my team vote for these guys at Southern Discomfort, especially when, later in that stint, they started pouring fuel out the filler cap in the left-hander.  Then we met one of their drivers in the penalty box later and he was a pretty cool guy, so we let them slide.  So for other teams who have drivers from paint-swapping-type series, you can get away with a lot on track as long as you're cool guys in the pits.

Dave Heinig - Schumacher Taxi Service
coROLLa - 2 time loser, RWB MR2 - 5 time loser
The Craptation - IOE WINNER! Lemons South Spring 2010
Crown Vic - Please God Don't Ever Make Me Go Through That Again

DaveH wrote:

Back on topic...

The aptly named Superkak Racing mega-cheater Stang got my vote when they sirened me in the middle of turn 3 - where I was actually faster than them.  It didn't help that they almost shoved me off the track when they got by me two turns later.

I almost had my team vote for these guys at Southern Discomfort, especially when, later in that stint, they started pouring fuel out the filler cap in the left-hander.  Then we met one of their drivers in the penalty box later and he was a pretty cool guy, so we let them slide.  So for other teams who have drivers from paint-swapping-type series, you can get away with a lot on track as long as you're cool guys in the pits.

Dive bombers in a Vdub... awesome... I guess they don'ty know what mirrors and situational awareness is...

Sons of STIG

We like to use two catagories:

1:  Teams that suck at driving
2:  Teams that are pure cheatonium

For example at Arse Freeze the obvious candidate on day 1 was the uber-cheater 944 Turbo widebody...but their highly unreliable car saved them from being crushed....but after the race it looked like it got crushed since every body panel was broken or cracked?

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

Riktor wrote:

Dive bombers in a Vdub... awesome... I guess they don'ty know what mirrors and situational awareness is...

I've never seen a dive bomb from the outside before.  It looks to me that the Miata there could use a lesson or three on driving as well.

Cars, cameras, and easy living...

icemang17 wrote:

For example at Arse Freeze the obvious candidate on day 1 was the uber-cheater 944 Turbo widebody...but their highly unreliable car saved them from being crushed....but after the race it looked like it got crushed since every body panel was broken or cracked?

Some of that came from hitting the door of the Peugeot when their driver slid out in a corner. It sure impressed me that the Peugeot door still opened but the Porsche suffered damage to the front suspension, wheel and of course the fiberglass. Sure argues why steel fenders are better in Lemons racing, I doubt that they'd have had as much damage if the front end had been steel.

I don't like the people who make things dangerous.  If you drive like an A-hole, my team will vote accordingly...

I think you guys worry about the cheaters too much though. Cheating is part of the race.  Bribes are encouraged.  I have spent plenty of time watching cars go through the BS tech inspection.  The judges kow a cheater when they see one.  The first thing Jay ever said to me was "Who wants to be the first liar to explain to me this car is only worth 500 bucks?"  I was armed with papers and pictures to document the cars cost.  The only problem was that cost does not necessarily mean value and it was decided our car deserved some laps even though it was acquired and prepped within the $500 allowed budget.

It was difficult to argue with guys who knew more about our car than we did so I decided to try something unheard of when going thru tech.....  I got honest.  I told them that we had a hidden boost bottle on the car they did not see.  They were stunned.  "Are you serious?  Show us!"

Luckily the boost bottle was actually a very difficult to locate jug of scotch that my research had determined was a favorite of the Judges... I pulled away the paper bag around the bottle and showed them the label...

They exclaimed "This car is the biggest piece of crap we have ever seen and it will blow up before the end of day one.  Zero penalty laps!"

Captain of The UNDERGROUND and Lemons SPAMBASSADOR

Hows your leg doing Dan ?You going to drive at Pointless?

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

GnomeFabTech wrote:
Riktor wrote:

I've never seen a dive bomb from the outside before.  It looks to me that the Miata there could use a lesson or three on driving as well.

Sorry... rubbin is racing right?!

They are both a bit overly agressive...

Sons of STIG