Re: And the next shocker will be...

Speedycop wrote:

Also, your supercharged rice may have been faster than a 5,000 lb. poorly running '61 Caddy, but so was 90% of the field. I'm pretty sure you have yet to turn a 1:01.69 at CMP, so you will have to put your rice where your mouth is (punny, I know) next time. wink

Well...  At this race and a previous CMP race, we were able to turn 1:04s with the car stuck in third and the engine in limp mode (same problems, different races). 

It not in the schedule to bring the MR2 back to CMP this year.  But it looks like we are going to bring it to Summit Point.  Are you planning to be there in the VIII?

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

77 (edited by BlackSheep1 2010-02-26 07:01 AM)

Speedycop wrote:

Rub it in, you bastard. big_smile

Was it a fairly traffic-free lap when you beat me?

LOL. wasn't me.  I'm sure I wouldn't be close to your times. 

Our two best drivers had the fastest time of the event during the times they drove....  They were also the two that got all the black flags..

Edit:  BTW - The sig at the bottom of my posts is due to me bragging to the judges that we had the fastest lap of the event.  They told me "bragging about having the fastest lap without being able to win is like bragging how clean your toilet is because you cleaned it, twice."

And here i thought the most interesting man in the world was Peruvian...

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

79 (edited by Speedycop 2010-02-26 07:09 AM)

Riktor wrote:

I'm not surrounded by scantily clad hot chicks, so I must not be winning. big_smile

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

80 (edited by Speedycop 2010-02-28 04:56 PM)

RobL wrote:
Speedycop wrote:

Also, your supercharged rice may have been faster than a 5,000 lb. poorly running '61 Caddy, but so was 90% of the field. I'm pretty sure you have yet to turn a 1:01.69 at CMP, so you will have to put your rice where your mouth is (punny, I know) next time. wink

Well...  At this race and a previous CMP race, we were able to turn 1:04s with the car stuck in third and the engine in limp mode (same problems, different races). 

It not in the schedule to bring the MR2 back to CMP this year.  But it looks like we are going to bring it to Summit Point.  Are you planning to be there in the VIII?

Yeah, that's the plan. We may even do a two-car assault on our local track. We've never raced there, but I drove it for a day back in 2001. Ford trailered 8 pre-production Marauder prototypes down from Dearborn, and let the FedGov flog them for a day. I was one of two from my agency chosen, being the resident gearhead and all. WAAAAY cool. They also had a Hollywood stunt driver there. He did a lot of the stunt work for Gone In 60 Seconds (the remake), and lots of other big movies. He could do the slalom in reverse almost as fast as I could do it forwards! MAD skilz...

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)

Speedycop wrote:
Riktor wrote:

I'm not surrounded by scantily clad hot chicks, so I must not be winning. big_smile

Maybe they think you're too pretty... Chicks always want to be the hottest one in the pic.

Speedycop wrote:

They also had a Hollywood stunt driver there. He did a lot of the stunt work for Gone In 60 Seconds (the remake), and lots of other big movies. He could do the slalom in reverse almost as fast as I could do it forwards! MAD skilz...

His name wouldn't have happend to be Mason Cross...

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

Honestly, I don't remember. He was an older guy, fairly tall, gray hair, mad skills.

Speedycop wrote:

Honestly, I don't remember. He was an older guy, fairly tall, gray hair, mad skills.

Mason's should be in his early forties so it probably wasn't the same guy. Striking considering you memory for detail; that you wouldn't remember his name.

Sons of STIG

84 (edited by Speedycop 2010-02-26 08:50 AM)

I'm TERRIBLE with names. It shouldn't surprise you that I forgot the name of a guy I met for a few seconds in 2002 .

EDIT: After looking at the IMDB movie database, it could have been Bill Young. I can't seem to find a pic of him though, my google-fu is weak.

Anyway, back on topic.

Where's the list of vehicles entered at Sears Point? It would be easier to pick the shocker if we had a list to choose from.

86 (edited by Speedycop 2010-02-26 09:20 AM)

BlackSheep1 wrote:

Our two best drivers had the fastest time of the event during the times they drove....  They were also the two that got all the black flags..

I can relate. I got my first earned black flag in Lemons at the last race. Went 4 off in T1 TRYING TO BEST YOUR CAR'S TIME! I had a string of 1:02/1:03's, a couple 1:01's, but I just couldn't get a clean run with no traffic in the corners. I was pushing it over the limit and knew it, the brakes got hot, and voila! 4 off:
http://bluejackalphoto.com/Cars/LeMons- … ewn5e-A-LB
Oddly enough, none of the corner workers black flagged me, but the start tower guy got happy with the paintball gun, so I came in. Told Judge Johnny HELL YES I DESERVED IT as I climbed out. big_smile

Speedycop wrote:

I can relate. I got my first earned black flag in Lemons at the last race. Went 4 off in T1 TRYING TO BEST YOUR CAR'S TIME!...

What, you trying to prove your twice-cleaned toilet is cleaner than ours?

Speedycop wrote:

...Oddly enough, none of the corner workers black flagged me, but the start tower guy got happy with the paintball gun, so I came in…

I think that sometime after the Sunday afternoon church break, they quit using the flags and would just paintball gun the offender.  Several times I saw someone go 4 off in turn 1 and paintball gun guy immediately went up to the tower to shoot someone.  He seemed disappointed when they would come in on their own.

On a side note, the funniest thing I saw all weekend was the blow-up doll in your car (Sunday afternoon after the judges made you redress it) flailing its arms when you would go by in the long straights.  If you didn't see it, maybe someone got it on video.  It was funny as hell: mouth wide open, both arms jerking up and down violently the faster you would go.

I keep waiting for someone to post a vid of that!

Jeff, Rob, I wanna do Capital Offense as well. Dunno If I'll be able to field a full team. Should we form some sort of super-group? lol  we could figure out some sort of shocker car to win with. I've turned a few 1:06s in the CVPI @ Spring South 09. wasn't quite as fast in the buick though, probably thanks to less traction. Consistency paid off pretty well until the brakes failed though smile

An Alfa Romeo is going to take an overall win at some point. My money is on one of the New England Milanos, but a California Alfetta could do it as well.

Wes' Fleet of Alfettas are fast and crazy reliable sometimes .I AMP race they were is 3rd I think end of first day and blew motor sunday early but still ended up in the middle of the finishers .

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

soldmystang wrote:

more for the case of VIR......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9AYKs6QjAQ

OMG, what an Awesome e36.  that guy must be the best drive I have ever seen.

All joking aside, VIR is a phenomenal venue.  I don't think it can be be beat.  Would love to run there with Lemons.

I want to live or die trying.

Serj wrote:

Jeff, Rob, I wanna do Capital Offense as well. Dunno If I'll be able to field a full team. Should we form some sort of super-group? lol  we could figure out some sort of shocker car to win with. I've turned a few 1:06s in the CVPI @ Spring South 09. wasn't quite as fast in the buick though, probably thanks to less traction. Consistency paid off pretty well until the brakes failed though smile

Might have a spot for you. We hope to run two cars there, the Mark VIII, and an IOE car to be named later.

djsupersoul wrote:

something french...

Are we being paged???

Le Car to the rescue!!

Crewe Le Pew
1982 Renault Le Car "Pepe le Pew"
big_smile 2010 North Dallas Hooptie IOE WINNER!!!!!