Re: Toolbox full of expansion foam penalty? (really?!)

doctawife wrote:

Um, hi.  Wife / female driver here.

When I decided to drive, it was clear that I'd also have to get dirty.  So I learned how to change out a radiator, replace the breaks, and (shamefully, since every driver should know this) how to do an oil change.

Your proposed penalty isn't a penalty.  Stop assuming we're stupid.

Yeah, and I can think of some women on the (3-time winning) Eyesore team and (perennial contender) Italian Stallions team who probably don't dig this sort of "boys' clubhouse" attiutude. You Texans probably already know better than to diss Anna aka Bikiniracer, right?

mikespeed95 wrote:

Hey there Mr. 5 Post count!!

Mike. 

Mea Culpa.  Was trying to poke some fun at you for your empassioned, lengthy post about something that didn't happen to you.  Sorry you took it more harshly than I intended.

Not trying to make enemies before turning a single lap,

My shitty driving will make me plenty of enemies without any help from my sharp tounge.

Dave

ALLEGEDLY!

-Dave
Scuderia Ignorante // Modena / Dearborn / Aichi Prefecture / West Texas

doctawife wrote:

Blah, blah, blah... replace the breaks, blah blah blah...

Stop assuming we're stupid.

Um, then learn to spell "brakes".

Just sayin'...

Drat! And Double Drat!

IgnoranteWest wrote:
mikespeed95 wrote:

Hey there Mr. 5 Post count!!

Mike. 

Mea Culpa.  Was trying to poke some fun at you for your empassioned, lengthy post about something that didn't happen to you.  Sorry you took it more harshly than I intended.

Not trying to make enemies before turning a single lap,

My shitty driving will make me plenty of enemies without any help from my sharp tounge.

Dave

I LOL'ed at this post, and trust me, i absolutely do NOT take the internet seriously at all.  come say hi at an event, i'll show you how to do a handhug, you can tell your friends.

except myspace, that place is real.

Mike Peters
Former rotary brat pioneer.
3.17.08 Jalopnik Hoon of the day.  #hasbeen
1984 Dodge Rampage, A few SHO engines, a Mustang 8.8, and a lot of hot glue going on now.

MurileeMartin wrote:
doctawife wrote:

When I decided to drive, it was clear that I'd also have to get dirty.  So I learned how to change out a radiator, replace the breaks, and (shamefully, since every driver should know this) how to do an oil change.

Your proposed penalty isn't a penalty.  Stop assuming we're stupid.

Yeah, and I can think of some women on the (3-time winning) Eyesore team and (perennial contender) Italian Stallions team who probably don't dig this sort of "boys' clubhouse" attiutude. You Texans probably already know better than to diss Anna aka Bikiniracer, right?

we need to get her and rami on this forum.

Mike Peters
Former rotary brat pioneer.
3.17.08 Jalopnik Hoon of the day.  #hasbeen
1984 Dodge Rampage, A few SHO engines, a Mustang 8.8, and a lot of hot glue going on now.

mikespeed95 wrote:

I LOL'ed at this post, and trust me, i absolutely do NOT take the internet seriously at all.  come say hi at an event, i'll show you how to do a handhug, you can tell your friends.

except myspace, that place is real.

Sounds like a gay prison thing.  Well, you are in Huntsville.  Do they give you internet access at the Ellis unit?

ALLEGEDLY!

-Dave
Scuderia Ignorante // Modena / Dearborn / Aichi Prefecture / West Texas

doctawife - shhhh!!! You're giving up our teams' unfair advantage in this one!!!

@OP - Why don't you get the idiots from Jersey Shore instead of painting the ladies that frequent the series with the bimbo brush?

Captainess: #88 Scirocket Racing - Did someone say Pikachu?

krek wrote:
doctawife wrote:

Blah, blah, blah... replace the breaks, blah blah blah...

Stop assuming we're stupid.

Um, then learn to spell "brakes".

Just sayin'...

Oops!  You got me on that one.  Good catch.

If you modified the wording of the penalty to "find non-mechanically inclined folks and have them fix your car"  I wouldn't object.  (Like the guy who can only wash windows and go fast?  That guy.)  Assuming that women don't know how to fix stuff is what I find hugely offensive.  That's like me assuming you can't take care of a baby because you're a dude.  Or that you can never have a 'deep' conversation with a woman, etc. etc.

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

You are a good sport. smile

Drat! And Double Drat!

doctawife wrote:

Assuming that women don't know how to fix stuff is what I find hugely offensive.

Women are about half of the people I assume don't know how to fix stuff. 

I got into Lemons and said to my team that if you don't know how to do something on the car - guess what, that is your assignment for the day.  Never changed the oil in a car, yours.  Never swapped out brake pads, yours.  Never welded a rollcage - well...  I had to draw the line somewhere.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

doctawife wrote:

...Like the guy who can only wash windows and go fast?  That guy...

What the hell?!?  Why bring me into it.  I didn't diss anyone, was just sitting here eating my ice cream, geez.

In all fairness, I do wash a mean window.

RobL wrote:
doctawife wrote:

Assuming that women don't know how to fix stuff is what I find hugely offensive.

Women are about half of the people I assume don't know how to fix stuff. 

I got into Lemons and said to my team that if you don't know how to do something on the car - guess what, that is your assignment for the day.  Never changed the oil in a car, yours.  Never swapped out brake pads, yours.  Never welded a rollcage - well...  I had to draw the line somewhere.

Yes, and thanks, Rob.  I have and continue to learn with each successive build. Everyone can learn.  I just taught my 35 Y.O. girlfriend how to drive a stick.   She will never willingly drive an automatic again.  big_smile

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

mikespeed95 wrote:

we need to get her and rami on this forum.

Anna is already on here as Bikin racer, rami just trolls

the Syndicate - 30 losses and counting ...
89 VW Jettarosa - #337 (11 motors later) <> 67 Mercedes 200 - #200, winner "most with the least" MSR Feb 11, IOE at MSR June 11 <> 88 Mercedes 560 SEL <> 76 Mercedes SLC - IOE at ECR March 13 <> now pimping performance parts for 1970-1980's Mercedes SEL, SEC, SL, SLC's