Re: 17 minutes of Sears Pointless from Car 54

BushWacker wrote:

WE WERE THINKING OF MOUNTING A DUCK CALLER ON THE BLOW OFF VALVE.  MAY STILL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Phlke8ELGts

The Sharks
Home of the E28 Turbo Tuner Fish and the Hammered Head 944 Turbo

27 (edited by magnusracing 2010-03-16 10:10 PM)

Re: 17 minutes of Sears Pointless from Car 54

ifb_mole wrote:

Do you know of ANYONE who has ever had a flag for being too loud?  I've only been to 2 Lemons events, but I sware there are cars over the limit, some are friggen LOUD, but hay they sound way cool for sure.

Yes, our Alfa Romeo Alfetta got flagged three times over two races for being "too loud". It wasn't all that loud but it made an obnoxious tone that was heard easily outside the car.

Then, at great expense, we added a second muffler during our last race... which then got knocked off... causing another penalty... causing more $$$ to replace at the race and repair...

After that race I decided to retire that car. After the labor for welding on two mufflers and then paying a hefty price for a "free" muffler that it turned out after the fact wasn't free at all I spent more on trying to get the car super quiet than I had preparing it for the race.

On the other hand... Our V-12 Jaguar sounds pretty loud inside (unlike the Alfa) and has only a short glass pack muffler. But from the outside it is pretty quiet.

Pendejo Engineering "Captain" - 1991 Alfa 164
1983 Shaguar XJ-S V-12 "The Two Ton Miata"
1995 Mercedes S600 V-12  - First car ever CLAIMED by JAY!
1980 Maserati Quattroporte - Judge's Choice