Re: Another new car for Evil Genius Racing...

magnusracing wrote:

You know  you're gonna turbocharge that thing... it's just too easy smile

www.yoshifab.com  He has something like 400 wheel hp outta his volvo.

Judge Jonny wrote:

Phil

Judge Jonny wrote:

drive

Does not compute.  wink

jw33 wrote:

Spaceballs theme

I'm Surrounded By Assholes!

TST, fool.

It's a Bunny.  With a pancake.  On its head.  Really, is it that tough?

The team is entered into the Going For Broken race at TH.. 

Team name: My Idiot Son Hit A Tree,  or MISHAT

drivers are in place,  we're going to strip it, pop a cage into it and test on the 27th

Now, all I have to do is match the negative camber on the left (let's call it tree-camber)   with something similar on the right....

Gosh, my business card says 'Tech Tyrant'

If it's built by EGR, it will undoubtedly kick names and take ass.

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

forddragracer wrote:
Judge Jonny wrote:
trekkor wrote:

When you guys get black flagged, can I dish out the penalty as an honorary judge?

I have something special planned...

KT

As if we'd get black flags... Well, Judge Phil and John, maybe. Me and Jay?

Good little Jewish boys.

these are the same two robed fellas that showed up in our pit on friday night in houston, right?

Ummm, yes.   smile

El Capitan de los Bastardos De Lemons
1993 Linco Mark Ate
1957 Renault Dauphine
Driver with LemonSpeed's V6 Mustang

It ran for 6 hours today at the test day and was fantastic!   Handled well and went like stink.

The car ended up weighing about 2600 lbs, has a side exhaust that blows flame on over-run and is self healing

Yes-  Self Healing

On the first lap out it made a loud sound, blew out a ton of smoke and quit going over turn 5, it got towed in, I started it up. it smoked a bit, I drove it around on the skid pad, it pulled hard and stopped smoking...   We sent it back out, it went six hours, the only problem being a transmission leak, which we fixed.     

It is a truly mystical car.......  and quick to boot

2600#?  What a boat!  Can't you cut some stuff off it? 

I can't wait to see the "MISHAP" out there.

Cars, cameras, and easy living...

It will make the race-  It now has new rod bearings  ($40 including pan gasket and shipping from IPD)    It had some sort of rod-nockish noise, but the bearings that came out looked ok.. So its getting 50 weight oil and a drive it 'til it pukes attitude.

We are debating running with or without the ABS...     

-John

Good to know Humboldt will be represented.  The Idiot in question may be less full of crap then you think, i destroyed 20' of fence due to invisible cow shit at one point.

The bottom end on those is standard volvo i-should-be-a-v8 fare, the head came from cosworth.  I'd consider a timing belt or at least looking real hard at that one.  #1 cause of death on those things.

2600lbs w/cage is rather impressive, really.

Good to hear it's running.. we finished re-ringing our B234 a few weeks ago.  Did our rod bearings while we were in there as well.. they didn't look too shabby after 300k miles.  We've got some decent piston slap going on, but other than that and the really nasty oil control rings, things looked okay. 

Screw the ABS.. we ditched it on ours.  Had to get a bit creative w/ a 240 brake line junction to make it work, but the brakes were great in Feb.  We'll see how they do in >40 degree weather soon here.

Swede Sixteen Racing - 85 Volvo 740 - Southern Discomfort '10, South Spring '10, South Fall '10,
Southern Discomfort '11 (GRM Most from the Least Winner), Shine Country Classic '11
Quattro Libre Racing - 82 Audi Quattro - South Fall '09

Give it a few stomps with ABS and then unplug it and try again.  Easy enough to test whether it helps or hinders.
If there was a bias adjustment i'd say leave the ABS in and crank the rear brake bias up for some extra stopping power.  I think volvo does that via brake sizing though, which isn't especially adjustable.

The car ran well during the race, quick and problem free, though the drivers rang up 3 penalties the first day and parked it for three hours.   They ran penalty free on Sunday and finished 48th out of 106 cars.     The 4 speed, 4.10 combo had them pedaling it on the straights, out of revs.   I need to find a good 5 speed, larger wheels and/or a 3.73 rear.

It looked pretty strong out there, sounded nice too.

Evil Genius wrote:

It ran for 6 hours today at the test day and was fantastic!   Handled well and went like stink.

The car ended up weighing about 2600 lbs, has a side exhaust that blows flame on over-run and is self healing

Yes-  Self Healing

On the first lap out it made a loud sound, blew out a ton of smoke and quit going over turn 5, it got towed in, I started it up. it smoked a bit, I drove it around on the skid pad, it pulled hard and stopped smoking...   We sent it back out, it went six hours, the only problem being a transmission leak, which we fixed.     

It is a truly mystical car.......  and quick to boot

That freaking thing sounded MEAN.   And after seeing all that smoke and getting pulled off the track I really didn't think that it was going to survive the morning, let alone a race.  Nice work!

Nice work?   I didn't do a damn thing, it healed itself, and its a 300K mile motor.  It needs a quieter exhaust as well as better gearing, but that will do it.... just waiting for August......

It is a great car, cheap.   We really just stripped it, welded a cage in and put it on track...

You crazy cali people.. we didn't get ours out of 3rd gear at CMP in Feb, but we do have the original 3.54 turbo rear end.  Find yourself an old turbo and grab one of those.  Did you take off your balance shafts or leave 'em be?

Anyways, glad to hear the car ran well for you.

Swede Sixteen Racing - 85 Volvo 740 - Southern Discomfort '10, South Spring '10, South Fall '10,
Southern Discomfort '11 (GRM Most from the Least Winner), Shine Country Classic '11
Quattro Libre Racing - 82 Audi Quattro - South Fall '09

The car is a stock 16v with a 4.10 rear.   I'm going to put in a 3.73 and run larger tires....

I still have those 17" Falkens available.

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports