26 (edited by Jer 2009-07-01 07:05 AM)

Re: All the New England 2009 Cars

UDMan wrote:

The Rollcage is going in nicely, and yes, that's TWO seats, so that Judge Martin, and Judge Jonny can actually drive the car together, to actually see how the IOE award is really won. Hint: It's with 84 freaking air-cooled Horsepower, and a 2 Speed Powerglide BABY!

Sooo.....you already won the IOE?  wink

I will add that your Corvair looks like a pretty nice restoration candidate.  Very straight body panels, pretty good shape.  Of course the Citations forever group was less than thrilled that I didn't restore the X-11.  To me that would be like restoring a Pinto; when you're done, all you have is....a Pinto.

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

there is a "Citations Forever" group?  wow.  i guess some people will join anything in order to belong.

the Pug and the Corvair are definitely nicer cars than the Craptation.

MurileeMartin wrote:

Hey, the cars in Pole Position had Powerglides (or maybe they were Toyoglides), and they went 250 MPH!

good point.  they also exploded instantly if you hit anything...the similarities are eerie.

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11

IIRC, the Lotus Esprit-wannabe in Spy Hunter also had that same transmission, didn't it?

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Jer wrote:
UDMan wrote:

The Rollcage is going in nicely, and yes, that's TWO seats, so that Judge Martin, and Judge Jonny can actually drive the car together, to actually see how the IOE award is really won. Hint: It's with 84 freaking air-cooled Horsepower, and a 2 Speed Powerglide BABY!

Sooo.....you already won the IOE?  wink

I will add that your Corvair looks like a pretty nice restoration candidate.  Very straight body panels, pretty good shape.  Of course the Citations forever group was less than thrilled that I didn't restore the X-11.  To me that would be like restoring a Pinto; when you're done, all you have is....a Pinto.

If you think it's pretty restorable, here's a couple of shots that might change your mind...
http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/3287/1481/33215740045_large.jpg

LOL nice dent!  haha can't wait to share beers with you in Stafford...

1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

31 (edited by MurileeMartin 2009-07-01 09:00 AM)

Buzz Killington wrote:

there is a "Citations Forever" group?  wow.  i guess some people will join anything in order to belong.

I think it's more that some folks think Citations are just great cars, and their mission in life is to convince all of us that we're being unfair in our judgments of that fine machine. Working for Jalopnik, I see it all the time; if I slag any- and I mean any- car in a post, within a day I'll get an angry email sent by the president of the North American (insert name of sucky car here) Club.

Yes, that even applies to the Ford Tempo.

32 (edited by Buzz Killington 2009-07-01 11:29 AM)

dudes.  '62 corvair waggon.  $200.

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/bar/1247827648.html

sweet.

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11

MurileeMartin wrote:

I think it's more that some folks think Citations are just great cars, and their mission in life is to convince all of us that we're being unfair in our judgments of that fine machine. Working for Jalopnik, I see it all the time; if I slag any- and I mean any- car in a post, within a day I'll get an angry email sent by the president of the North American (insert name of sucky car here) Club.

Yes, that even applies to the Ford Tempo.

hey, i've driven 2 tempos in my motoring life and they were excellent...

ugh...i can't even bring myself to say they were even decent

the one did teach me how to hate (and break several times) automatic transmissions though

Just planning ahead, but are we allowed to abandon our cars at the track after the race?  I looked at the race description and there's no mention for Stafford.  If not, I may search for a nearby junkyard.  Thanks.

74 Monaco...I love it.  Go Mopar!  Will be interesting to see how the rubber isolated frame does, it was not a stong point in those cars.  Hoping it has a 360.

Team Oly Express
Current car - 1964.5 Plymouth Barracuda, Former car - Size Does Matter 1967 Plymouth Fury
07 IOE Winner Thunderhill, 12 IOE Winner Sears Pointless
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Team- … 4609354407